Pit Bull Mixed-Breed Dog Attacks, Seriously Injures Five-Year-Old Girl

webfact

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

I’m trying to stretch my imagination looking at the picture of the dog and it’s a pitbull mix. Looks like a terrier TIT

But if the writer of the article had wrote 'mongrel' instead of 'Pit Bull' then people would have just skipped over the article. I have an 'American Pitbull' and I say "that dog in the picture is 100% street mongrel'".

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I agree to disagree. 

I love dogs and have never had a bad run in with any dog.  Several dogs have displayed aggressive tendencies but I know what to look for and to give them a wide berth. 

A very good friend had a Pitbull x,  he treated it like family.  Generally a great dog.  One day it just snapped and went him.   Several stitches in his hand later, he decided to put the dog down.  He could no longer trust the dog around his young child. 

They (Pitbulls) are known worldwide to have the ability to be unpredictable and aggressive.  Hence why many countries have registrars for these dogs, some even ban them altogether. 

Unfortunate but it happens. 

Yes, the key word here is "unpredictable". A few years ago, a Pit Bull that use to sleep in the same bed as his "master" suddenly turned in the middle of the night and bit him to death, and if I remember rightly, it was taken to the temple a couple of days later to apologise to the corpse!!!

Only in "Now even more Amazing Thailand"!!!

Edited by sambum
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, sambum said:

Yes, the key word here is "unpredictable". A few years ago, a Pit Bull that use to sleep in the same bed as his "master" suddenly turned in the middle of the night and bit him to death, and if I remember rightly, it was taken to the temple a couple of days later to apologise to the corpse!!!

Only in "Now even more Amazing Thailand"!!!

yes, YOU ARE correct, dog apologized during the funeral..... it was unbelievable 

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No such thing as a bad dog breed, only bad owners who don’t train them.

While this is mostly true the breed was bred to be aggressive and fight. This, in itself, was stupidity as they were always going to end up as pets. It probably has the highest incidence of death or serious injuries amongst other breeds. It’s a bad breed!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Untrained dog left to roam free around screaming children bites child. Hardly an unusual event.

The only reason it is news is because it is ostensibly half pitbull. Which looking at it, I highly doubt. 

Yep, no news about all the Stray Soi dogs Attacking people everyday. 

• Agree 2

SAMBUM said>> A few years ago, a Pit Bull that use to sleep in the same bed as his "master" suddenly turned in the middle of the night and bit him to death,

It probably had a bad dream. Dogs do dream. 

But how about the nightmares that poor little girl, (and her relatives) could have for the rest of their lives.         Mmmm.   been there, had that.

31 minutes ago, Jing Joe said:

A few years ago, a Pit Bull that use to sleep in the same bed as his "master" suddenly turned in the middle of the night and bit him to death,

The story goes that the owner of the dog(s) there were 2 was bedbound. So who fed and watered them? They did not sleep with the bedridden owner.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The family has decided to keep Tang but will chain him to prevent any future incidents. This decision comes after consulting with relatives to avoid further complications

🤔🤪😆😂🤣

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The story goes that the owner of the dog(s) there were 2 was bedbound. So who fed and watered them? They did not sleep with the bedridden owner.

Yes your'e probably right. I was only quoting Sambum about sleeping same bed as owner.  "Dog kills even its owner in unpredictabe unacceptable behavour" was the theme.   

Again>> One Paractemol works wonders.

Regardless, the whole affair was much argued here and the anti P.B. dog  protesters (OR  mongrel dogs for that matter) won the useless/futile debate re the poor owner who lost his life, and the latest dear 5yo girl could have lost hers like 3+ other dog stories here. Who is next in that soi? same dog? or any soi?         What's it going to take for the pro P.B. owners here to rethink? The death of a dear one?, We wont hear from them again, re their own loss of life. 

Edited by Jing Joe
edit
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No such thing as a bad dog breed, only bad owners who don’t train them.

OK then, it seems like the P.B. breed have a reputation/requirment for needing to be trained NOT to savage pople. 

Too bad !!         That dog is deadly.     Paracetemol.

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Cancelled

Sorry, the article was on ThaiVisa, but I can't find all the details, but this should suffice to prove it's not "B.S"! :-

image.png.c3fa0fd4e2be27fe869158925e8f470d.png

Giant, aged 2, the Pit Bull breed or Ban Dog that savaged its owner to death last week has been taken to his funeral in Pattaya.

He took part in a ceremony called "khor khama" in which he apologized to the corpse. 

Edited by sambum
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, harryviking said:

When will Thailand start to take street dog problem seriously? When will dogs that attack people just be put down to avoid new accidents? And when will owners of these dogs be responsible for any damage their dogs are doing??

When someone "important" gets attacked. Farangs, farmers, ordinary workers and their children aren't really relevant unfortunately. 

If the victim was an influential politician's kid, or some Chinese tourist (needs to be on video and go viral) then we would likely see some changes. 

• Agree 1