Want to find a romantic Thai partner

2 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

My standard line: You don't find a Thai romantic partner; they find you.

Guys come here to hunt chicks, though all the while they’re the prey being hunted. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I'll leave (peacefully) my gf (10 years, she graduated from university) soon even though I built a house on her land I don't mind to walk away. She got the house and there was a plan to get my new car on her name as well 🤔😆🤣 very smooth and peacefully.(if you are stupid enough to fall in). Recently her brother has moved in one of their shop in front, dancing for me everyday 🙄😆🤣 can't wait to be free again and not seeing games everyday.
You let us know if you find your true $❤️$. 
By the way, don't listen to successful stories, in fact they are trapped deeply involved. Either not able to leave all behind and walk away or it is too late for them to start over (whatever) 🤔 

I understand some are going to object to my post and claim that theirs is "different", I believe absolutely.🤔🤪

And I've heard that word "speak for yourself" 😆🤣, of course some living their own world. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

20 hours ago, Hummin said:

Well, one thing I havent experienced in Thailand is romantic girls. Yes, some girls can play along, but really ? Thai girls romantic? I maybe have different view on what is romantic, but, a Thai girl who loves to walk, talk, candles, wine, cheese, fine dining flirting, ? I had my moments with Thai girls, but, well, to be true they are more straight forward than  western girls, who you have to take time to know, date, play the game, and convince. At least how it was when I was younger. Maybe not like this anymore anywhere

Agree. I never met one that had a romantic gene.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree. I never met one that had a romantic gene.

and when I hear they are more feminine than western, then I wonder wich planet they come from, but if feminine is petite small underage looking girs, then F sake man, thats not feminine in my eyes. 

Well I do not see what they see, unless they talking about some ladyboys, they are feminine. 

23 hours ago, Terrance8812 said:

I’m from Canada and I’ve been in Thailand for about five months now. As I continue to immerse myself in the Bangkok way of life, I’ve also been contemplating dipping my toes into the dating scene here after recently breaking up with a long-time girlfriend from back home.

However, I must admit, I feel a bit out of my depth. While I’ve heard countless stories about the charm and allure of Thai women, I’ve also heard about the complexities and nuances involved in cross-cultural relationships. One concern that weighs a bit on my mind is the stereotype about Thai women and their financial aspirations. I want to ensure that any potential relationship I engage in is built on mutual respect and understanding, rather than purely on materialism or expectations.

Another aspect that I’ve heard a lot about is the importance of family in Thai culture. While I deeply respect these values, I can’t help but feel a bit intimidated by the prospect of meeting a partner’s family early on in a relationship. How can I navigate this aspect with grace and sincerity, while also ensuring that I’m setting the right tone for the future?

Additionally, I’m keen to learn more about the language to help form a relationship. While I’ve been making efforts to learn Thai, and can speak a bit, I wonder how crucial fluency is going to be in building a meaningful relationship.

Well, I may have already some general stereotypes and misconceptions about dating from others in Thailand, so I’m eager to gain a more nuanced understanding now. I do want to approach this with an open mind though as I have a genuine desire to connect with a woman in the right way.

I truly appreciate any wisdom, long term experiences, or advice you can share or offer.

The first thing you should do, if you wish a relationship with a Thai girl/lady – don't know your age – is to invest in the book "Good Medicine for THAILAND FEVER", and carefully read it.

Be prepared that in general – there are of course always exceptions – Thai ladies expects a man to be a provider, just as it was in old time in your Canadian home country and most Western countries, if not all. Also expect that Thai culture can be very important for a Thai lady, including her family's status and that a man being able to pay sin sot – the latter you can google-for and learn a lot more, if you don't buy the suggested book. However, if it's a really bad feeling "paying", you can sometimes do it more discreetly, but expect one way or the other to pay n the long run.

When staying in a foreign country it is expected that you, the alien, follow the host nation's culture. It's of course a question of finding an acceptable balance for all parties, but if you stand strong on your home country's culture when staying abroad,  you chances for success will be quite limited. It's just like what you and other people in Canada might expect from foreigners that wish to live there.

I've had a Thai girlfriend for almost 20 years – the same girl – and been living here permanently for just over almost 18 years. It's both been a challenge and a question of balance finding a bridge over the culture gap. But you also have to change and accept that "materialism" is an important factor; I've heard many a Thai lady say: "If a man cannot provide, why do I need him!" Accept that to a certain degree – be a bit old-fashioned gentleman that both open doors and pays – then you can succeed; I did that and I've had the best 18 years of my life, living here...:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Mavideol said:
22 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

My advice would be to skip the foreplay.

It just confuses them.

been there done that... general confusion and keep asking same question ..."" what u doing"" why u do that""me no like that"" 555

Are you sure what you were doing was legal ?

• Haha 1

While sitting in a bar with my LT Thai gf, I once bought a rose from a passing flower seller and handed it to her. Gf promptly stated, "next time give me the 10bht."

Can't beat those romantic Thai ladies!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

While sitting in a bar with my LT Thai gf, I once bought a rose from a passing flower seller and handed it to her. Gf promptly stated, "next time give me the 10bht."

Rather practical as flowers die and money can buy food.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Rather practical as flowers die and money can buy food.

True.

I used to read the reddit sugar lifestyle sub.

Sugarbabies were always very unhappy about "experience daddies", men who'd take them out to a nice restaurant; instead of just drilling them fast and dirty at a $22 motel and then giving them the difference in cash. 

Tho one actually said that she liked getting KFC coupons too.

100 baht is prob a week of school lunches.

Edited by Prubangboy

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Cheap roses, where you stay...👍

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

but you bought and paid for a house in Thailand? you own a house in Australia? any age gap? She's just playing the long game, most do

Nonsense, I never bought a house in Thailand I do have 2 houses in OZ (not in my name due to pension collection) Yes, I have spent some money in Thailand for a home stay which i now use for my accommodation when travel to Thailand my Thai wife has more money than me. 

On 6/12/2024 at 1:40 PM, spidermike007 said:

If you have some game, if you have a great sense of humor, and are able to make them laugh and feel relaxed, if you are decent looking, and dress decently, and are well groomed, it can be quite easy here. Generally, Thai woman are very comfortable with their femininity, with flirting, and open to talking with someone who approaches them, very unlike women in the West, these days. Of course, it also depends on who you pursue. If you are going after wealthy women, who are wearing $3,500 outfits, you will likely get turned down. 

While I agree in principle that Thai girls love a guy with a great personality, I must express this caveat:  If you're not fluent in Thai and she's not fluent in English, then you really don't have a great personality.  How could you possibly?  I've seen Thai guys with wit and charm and they really know how to make a Thai girl laugh.  They can literally talk a girl out of her panties.  Tough to compete with that.  But fret not, there are still many Thai girls willing to date foreigners for....yeah, financial security mostly.  So it's still a target-rich environment.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

In the last few days there have been quite a few 1st time posts from newly created accounts that all have the same syntax.

Is anyone really falling for these AI-generated stories?

4 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

In the last few days there have been quite a few 1st time posts from newly created accounts that all have the same syntax.

Is anyone really falling for these AI-generated stories?

It is not ai, always been like this on forums, same as my moms tabloid weekend papers, as well mens magazines with fictional wet stories where people got money to contribute stories. 

Ai, just makes it easier to create click baits 

On 6/12/2024 at 6:37 PM, Hummin said:

and when I hear they are more feminine than western, then I wonder wich planet they come from, but if feminine is petite small underage looking girs, then F sake man, thats not feminine in my eyes. 

Well I do not see what they see, unless they talking about some ladyboys, they are feminine. 

That is cute, not feminine. However, a cute girl can be feminine as well.

Yes a ladyboy can be feminine. Femininity is IMO a state of mind, not physical appearance.

You can take two identical girls, dressed and made up the same, but one can be feminine and the other not.

On 6/13/2024 at 12:50 AM, Prubangboy said:

True.

I used to read the reddit sugar lifestyle sub.

Sugarbabies were always very unhappy about "experience daddies", men who'd take them out to a nice restaurant; instead of just drilling them fast and dirty at a $22 motel and then giving them the difference in cash. 

Tho one actually said that she liked getting KFC coupons too.

100 baht is prob a week of school lunches.

I remember a poster long ago complained that he took a Thai girl out for dinner at a nice restaurant but didn't give her any money. He asked why she wasn't happy with a nice meal!

He got educated really fast by other posters.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That is cute, not feminine. However, a cute girl can be feminine as well.

Yes a ladyboy can be feminine. Femininity is IMO a state of mind, not physical appearance.

You can take two identical girls, dressed and made up the same, but one can be feminine and the other not.

I think what makes Thailand a better place, is not that Thais are so much more beautiful or feminine on average, but it is easier to get attention and more smiles, it is easier to flirt with a woman in public without getting any negative reactions. 

In western countries the younger generation do not give that much attention to mature men anymore, everyone is busy with themselves and their phones. But still if I'm in my own mind and do not seek attention, feeling happy, still I can spot a smile, a nod and some recognition, but it's rare. 

At the gyms here now, everyone got their headphones, earbuds played their own music and were busy with their phones between their workouts. We still salute each other if we have become regular, but thats is

Still at the gyms in Thailand, I get attention, and it is easier to chat, especially if you hit the same gyms for a while.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1