Thaksin Requests Attorney-General to Review Lèse Majesté Charge

Its not the first time Thaksins connections have tried to coerce and bribe judges to help him avoid justice .The recent covid  delay gave them more time to prepare the brown envelopes. The public are getting tired of his constant abuse of the law while on parole .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, DjSilver said:

And the Supreme Court in Thailand have already decided in 2019, that any crime committed outside of Thailand isn't valid in Thailand.

Never forget that dirty Thai drug dealer in Australia that became a minister in the Thai government. 

The Supreme Court didn't exactly say that.  The court said it did not recognise Thammanat's conviction because the verdict was delivered in Australia, a foreign country.
"The verdict of any state only has effect in that state," the court said.

That offender was not indicted, nor convicted, in Thailand, Shinawatra has been indicted here, and his case will be heard in Thailand, there's a big difference.  The Thai court's verdict is what will count.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

When the MFP talked about changing the lese majeste law, that was used as an excuse to deprive them of their election win and potentially disband the party while banning its leader from politics.  I take it a suitably similar punishment will be applied to anyone asking the law to be redacted for their personal benefit?  (Sarcasm).

I can't help but wonder if this was the generals' plan all along.  Use the second highest polling party to ease the pain of stealing the election, and then, knowing the nature of the beast, relying on Thaksin to break his parole conditions and use that as an excuse to seize power again.

• Like 1

Bet he's wishing PT hadn't stabbed Move Forward in the back now. 112 would have been reformed into something way less draconian and he wouldn't be worried about doing the usual 15 years.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, DjSilver said:

And the Supreme Court in Thailand have already decided in 2019, that any crime committed outside of Thailand isn't valid in Thailand.

Never forget that dirty Thai drug dealer in Australia that became a minister in the Thai government. 

So they say  But I Bet that this is not for  lese-majeste.

As lèse-majesté is one of the offences relating to the security of the kingdom, according to Section 7 of the Thai Criminal Code. Even alleged offences committed outside the kingdom can be punished within Thailand. Thai courts have demonstrated they will prosecute and jail even non-Thai citizens for offences committed outside of the kingdom as proven in the case against American citizen Joe Gordon who police arrested in May 2011 when he visited Thailand for medical treatment. The court later sentenced him to five years in jail.[65]. 

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-application-of-criminal-law-sections-2-17/

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has made a renewed plea to the attorney-general to reconsider a lèse majesté charge against him.

How ridiculous. I'm sure the Attorney General knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he decided to charge TS.

His repetitive and nauseating calls for special treatment are becoming a bit tiresome. 

Edited by Caldera
  • Thanks 1

It seems next week is a big day at the courthouse. If he walks and the same for the PM, the MP should also walk seeing as the PT are suggesting something very similar to what they were proposing. IF MP gets taken out and the rest walk, The country will get very angry.

16 hours ago, Gandtee said:

One wonders if all alleged crimes committed outside of the country are held against you in Thailand? Possessing and dealing in drugs and a prison sentence served, for example?

I got a $25 USD fine in 1972 for possession of three-tenths of a gram of ganja. My application for permanent residency was denied on this basis.

23 hours ago, Phredd said:

I believe it's time we farrangs stop referring to any of these 'girls'. I find it a bit sickening and sad. Thailand has more than this to it's credit. So many of them are there and don't wish to be there, due to reasons beyond their control. There but by the Grace of God, goes you and I!

It's called laziness!