DW channel has release a new video about Thailands sex industry

17 hours ago, Hummin said:

without the documentary, it wouldnt had all national tv for weeks following this case! 

If you look at my reply, there is you and one more who I replied to! 

Indeed, but in doing so you distorted the context of my post which is a breach of the forum rules.

I made no reference whatsoever about the documentary or it's producers, just agreed with another poster that said "probably BS".

Like him I wouldn't bother watching such rubbish, after 25 years I don't need the media sticking their noses in. It has never helped in the past and not going to again.

Not going to hold my breath on an apology.

On 6/16/2024 at 7:08 PM, Wongkitlo said:

I sat through it. The journalist investigated it for 2 years and still could only find the Cobra Bar case. If he wants to really check out Ptya wouldn't you mention Soi Pothole, Soi BJ, Soi 13 or Soi 6 other than  soi bukhao(the supposed red light district) or Walking St(a tourist attraction for new arrivals). No mention of the countless massage shops or even Boyztown. If an underage wanted to work then the last 2 would probably be the most viable. I am not saying it doesn't happen but enough to warrant a 2,Year investigation and a nearly 1 hour documentary just seems a blow up.

Pattya is a web of corruption....tgats news?

2 years? Sounds like he was enjoying himself too much to leave.

Bet he never told those British & German tourists what he was filming them for? 'No I'm doing a travel documentary/it's for the tourist board of.... wherever'. Legal your required to get a signed release from anyone you interviewed for a documentary and tell them in writing what the documentary is about. Be surprised if he did?

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Indeed, but in doing so you distorted the context of my post which is a breach of the forum rules.

I made no reference whatsoever about the documentary or it's producers, just agreed with another poster that said "probably BS".

Like him I wouldn't bother watching such rubbish, after 25 years I don't need the media sticking their noses in. It has never helped in the past and not going to again.

Not going to hold my breath on an apology.

I have no problem to apologize if you feel I mixed my reply with another poster, 

However I still disagree on your point of view, and commenting on something you did not even bother to watch? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

I have no problem to apologize if you feel I mixed my reply with another poster, 

However I still disagree on your point of view, and commenting on something you did not even bother to watch? 

Many of the underage girls in Pattaya have been sexually active for many years, usually with members of their own family or close family friends. They are probably safer and better cared for working in Pattaya than staying at home.

The so called do gooders always think they can find an answer, looking in the wrong direction.

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Many of the underage girls in Pattaya have been sexually active for many years, usually with members of their own family or close family friends. They are probably safer and better cared for working in Pattaya than staying at home.

The so called do gooders always think they can find an answer, looking in the wrong direction.

So that makes it okay you mean? 

FS, 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

So that makes it okay you mean? 

FS, 

Why do you feel compelled to try and put words in the mouth of others, seen it in almost every post you make.

Certainly not ok, but there is no easy answer.

Obviously you would have the authorities round them up and sent home to be abused. Shutting down premises is not going to help, just mean more on the streets, not going to stop them travelling to find work.

The only hope is that time, investment and education will reduce the need for girls to leave home at an early age, certainly not going to come from foreign media documentaries.

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Why do you feel compelled to try and put words in the mouth of others, seen it in almost every post you make.

Certainly not ok, but there is no easy answer.

Obviously you would have the authorities round them up and sent home to be abused. Shutting down premises is not going to help, just mean more on the streets, not going to stop them travelling to find work.

The only hope is that time, investment and education will reduce the need for girls to leave home at an early age, certainly not going to come from foreign media documentaries.

I cant say I feel guilty of doing so, when I read some of the replies I get! 

Seems some have problems with straight up fear questions based on the replies I have. 

50 minutes ago, sandyf said:

How do you know this, form personal experience or from something you saw on the internet?

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought the footage of Big Joke was pretty revealing. When he visited Germany, spoke to the reporter for the final time - it came across as, I spoke with the accused, I mentioned to him that without the correct info he would never be allowed to enter Thailand again, he said, there was some mistake, he didnt pay the bribe to the police .. ok, na, finished. He's no different than the rest.

On 6/16/2024 at 3:48 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Another western "full of BS" doco, no doubt.

Even the title is BS. There are no "red lights" other than traffic lights in Pattaya.

Quite.  A lot of cliches and leading questions.

• Agree 1

On 6/17/2024 at 2:58 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

The rule for me is that if she works in a bar then she was hired to work in the bar. The owner and manager are responsible to obey the laws.

And then it's about my personal taste. I wouldn't buy a drink for anybody who behaves like a (innocent) child.

Areas like NANA have a strict entry control. I am pretty sure that won't let anybody under 20 enter that area. 

The cops won't care about what you thought.

On 6/17/2024 at 8:52 PM, Paris333 said:

Actually to find a sex partner in European States is very-very cheap after millions illegal immigrants invade from the sea by boats

I've seen them on tv and I would be as likely to bonk one of them as one of Santa's elves. I've never been that desperate.

On 6/17/2024 at 8:55 PM, Hummin said:

Hopefully they continue to do work for the good, and maybe one or two girls got saved from the same destiny! 

:cheesy:

Been drinking the PC kool aid have we?

I can think of a lot worse fates than being bonked by a fat old farang. Eg working in a sweat shop for 9,000 baht a month or even worse, as a maid to a Thai household. I had a Thai GF that tried that- back to the bar pretty quick.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sandyf said:

I was an active bar goer in Pattaya for many years, and never came across one of the mythical "underage" girls. You must know a lot more about it than I.

I did once have a chat with some Brit guy that claimed to have seen dozens of underage girls with farangs. He had to be educated that they were the farang's daughters- something that had not occurred to him.

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was an active bar goer in Pattaya for many years, and never came across one of the mythical "underage" girls. You must know a lot more about it than I.

I was an active bar goer in Bangkok for many years, and it wasn't difficult to find bar girl on the edge of what was or is legal.

20 years ago, a well-known, police owned bar in Soi Cowboy had 16-year-old girls naked in the first line on the stage. It was very difficult to miss them.

Then, years later, there was/is that police owned "restaurant" with naked young girls on stage in the same area - also owned by the police.

Some bars had them a little more hidden as bartenders.

Since the age changed to 20 and the police is strict about in Nana, the girls work in other areas.

In many (all?) cases, the bar owners know the age of the girls.

And all this happened in bars in the bright tourist areas, not hidden somewhere in a dark side street. We can imagine what happened in those darker areas - I was never interested in < 16 and I don't know if and where they work. But I am pretty sure one of those helpful tuk-tuk tour guides would find them.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can think of a lot worse fates than being bonked by a fat old farang. Eg working in a sweat shop for 9,000 baht a month or even worse, as a maid to a Thai household. I had a Thai GF that tried that- back to the bar pretty quick.

Lazy, stupid prostitutes will always have their defenders on here with the old rice field/sweatshop alternative myth. It is very common and possible for Thai women to get on in life with education and decent work, without a sweat shop or a bar.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Likewise in Pattaya, I was into my 50s when I first came to Thailand and not interested in the schoolgirls. However through association with younger guys I knew from the UK I got to know quite a few girls that were underage.

23 hours ago, proton said:

How do you know this, form personal experience or from something you saw on the internet?

Online news is the internet, articles like this appear with monotonous regularity.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30345744

Note the last paragraph.

"According to the Women and Men Progressive Movement Foundation, which provides aid and legal consultations to victims of sex assault or harassment cases, half of all rapes in Thailand as reported in 158 national news stories in 2011 were committed by family members (father, step-father, grandfather or brothers) or acquaintances (neighbour, friend, teacher or monk). 
Only 33 per cent of such cases were committed by strangers."

As I said previously, on my first visit to Thailand I went to a wedding in Buriram. One of the guests, right in front of everyone, tried to sell me his daughter for the night, girl couldn't have been any more than 10 and looked quite petrified. Bit of an awkward moment, absolutely horrified and just shook my head. I didn't understand what had been said and a girl that spoke English explained what had been proposed, as though there was nothing unusual.

So now everybody knows where the underaged are living, ( drone footage ) where the poor areas are, and the bar the Mamasan is now working, and about the date of birth tattoos. 

DW should be ashamed of themselves.  :post-4641-1156693976:

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It says something about you guys, two wrong doesn't make one right! 

The main problem is, there is a marked for  sex with children, 

Typical German TV, they could report about the nearly daily knife attacs by "Asylum seekers", but that would not fit in with the leftist Management of the TV. Much better to have a story about the Sextrade. That will distract the viewer from the real problems in Germany.