Rejected for the second time

Jomtien told me that since the January update there is no human scanning the applications.

In my case, the server software could not cope with the fact that I haven't been out of Thailand for 15 years.

9 hours ago, Maestro said:

Could it be that instead of the "visa expiration date", immigration wants the expiration date of your current extension of stay?

Yes, off course that's the date you have to enter when reporting your 90 days.

17 hours ago, Aforek said:

so what happens, so far every thing ok, and now rejected every time ?

do you have this problem ? thank you 

I tried to renew mine on the due date, i.e. 1 June (Saturday), rejected, called them on Monday, ady said, hmmm, try again, so I did, and success same day reply approved.

Must be a glitch in their system.

My next one is due on 2 September, so I have moved it forward to 30 August to be sure, to be sure 🙂

9 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Much easier to just pay the 2,000 baht fine when you renew your visa as the end of the period. I never bother with the 90 day report.

I'm not sure that collecting too many of these in your passport is a good idea.  This one came from the BKK One Stop when I foolishly assumed that renewing my WP and extension also qualified as a 90 day report.  It didn't.  Oops.

90dayfine.jpg.7c48dbe5e5451ca61f5f313deea9c279.jpg

Of course, YMMV depending on your Immigration Office, and also depending on the IO who peruses your passport to decide your fate when it comes to your stay in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

About a year ago in Ratchaburi I filed my 90 day online 4 days before it was due.  It was rejected.  When I went in to file it at the office I asked why it was rejected.  He told me I didn't give him enough time and I needed to do it online right at the 14 day mark.

So just because it says you can file online up to that date doesn't mean the person who is doing it will honor that.

The last few 90 days I have done online take the Ratchaburi office about 4-5 days to get the approval.  So they are slow.

• Like 1

I also had a rejection of my 90d report, for the same reason, after successful completing it for some years before. .

I completed the form without using the date window.

The second time I used the date window. The arrival date was exact the same as the date I gave in myself.

NO REJECTION.

So, always use the windows to complete the form for everything you have to complete on the form.

21 hours ago, Aforek said:

Hello, my immigration office is Prachinburi 

so far, 90 days on line worked perfect ; but 3 monts ago, I was rejected, I tried 3 times ; same thing , so I went to the immigration to do my 90 days, the woman who received me told me " its Bangkok " : ok, it's Bangkok !

two days ago, again , rejected ; this time , they say why  it is rejected ; 

" Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date."

so, I did  it again, with my entry and visa expiration date , of course correct 

this morning ( strange, they work on Sunday ? ) , same message

so what

12 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Just to be clear, 2,000 Baht is the minimum fine.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 5,000.- Baht.

Careful quoting things out of context
IF a foreigner is arrested for something else and it comes out they didn't file a 90 day report they CAN be fined 5000baht
BUT
That's only if they run off the rails with some other thing.

I know people who pay the 2000baht late filing fine, file ONE 90 day report just before their yearly extension is due, then never file another report the rest of the year, and the following year, pay the 2000baht, file, get their extension. I saw a passport with years worth of 2000baht fine stamps and year extensions, page after page.

While I am not advocating people don't do the 90 day reporting the fine is static <-meaning it's 2000baht whether you're 8 days late or 8 months late  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

That has got to be the ultimate in laziness. You don't even need to get out of bed to do an on-line report!

Stupid answer - this guy has a problem? agents know people, agents pay people, and agents get things DONE - it's up to you. I have used agents for 15 years, and if you can't afford the 300 fee, you must be very poor.

• Sad 2

I believe rather than just a blanket vanilla email rejection of 90-day submission reports, these intellectual giants at IMM provide users what a PowerPoint presentation and information criteria of how all these convoluted systems work collectively or individually and how they tie information together (if any do)

I know IMM love doing PowerPoint presentations, as we see them regularly displaying them in criminal cases.

If we all knew where the bodies are buried (tongue in cheek 555), we would have a greater chance of a successful submission.

How does the autopopulate of the form work,   image.png.070dc88e66cce130e9990087c94e433f.png  where does the data come from, state of the data validity, central database or other IMM repositories

How does the IMM country inbound /  outbound system, IMM TM30 system, IMM TM47 across the counter system, IMM TM47 online system and the IMM Visa renewal system interact with each other

Is there any synchronization between systems.

If any systems are connected with each other is the data real-time, batched processed or stale, and manually updated - where, when and how.

How are 90-day online submission reports processed, manually - central or distributed, automatically - how

What are IMM manual follow-up processes on rejected 90-day online report submissions, how many rejections before a human actually looks at all the associated information related to the rejected submission.

How about some statistics on the website: number of submissions, number of successful submissions approved first pass, number of rejections, number of rejections resubmitted and then approved, list of the rejection types and quantities, number of rejections that had to be processed manually at over the counter / mail in or at IMM offices.

Nice smiley face widgets of ratings on the Website, but how about adding a comment feedback text field and a file upload feature to complement the rating widget selected.

A future nice AI help feature and fallback live chat service on the website would be an excellent help feature to users, it's just IMM staff redeployment, and a bit of technology investment.

How about an effective hot line number to help solve rejected submission, even 09:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:00 would be a great start, with a queue position counter announcement and I know a long stretch, but a leave your phone contact number call back service.

An FAQ section on the Website where IMM posts common Q and A's, plus as we are all registered to use the site, a community forum link where users can share their information, experiences, concerns, thoughts and questions.

Why does the 90-day online reporting not have soft validation, checks for user input fields, before submission with red underlines or red notation for user input field exceptions

Why just a blanket rejection email, why not implement input form field unique rejection error codes for all user input fields.

The head of IMM recently announced significant solution upgrades to allow a more user-friendly utilization and to lesser the load of manual processing and waiting and queuing times at IMM offices, REALLY?

This stuff is not rocket science, most of it is 101 basic software solution design practices, it requires some governance and qualified technical leadership to make the solution an improved experience for all.

I live in hope, but you never know, miracles can happen.

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

No I am not poor because I don't chuck away my money paying someone to do what I can so easily do myself. And includes extensions which I've also been doing myself for the last 11 years.

IMO using agents feeds the corruption that is so rife here.

Ok, well, we all make choices - no need to call others lazy.  I pay 300 baht and the 90 days is mailed to me at my address - I don't go to the IO office and I am happy to pay $8 for this service.

Back when I was on a Type-OA visa, I had a case where I forgot to do the 90 Day report before the due date.

I realized my mistake 6 days after the due date, and I showed up at the local immigration exactly one week after it was due. The volunteers who vett people coming to immigration advised me their computer system was down, and that the 90 day report could not be done on that day, and suggested I return the next day and pay the fine.

However at my request, they agreed to let me talk to an IO in the immigration office (while I was at the office), and the IO filled in some paperwork without the computer, gave me part of the paperwork,  and I was not fined and I was OK for another 90 days.

Still, I learned my lesson and I was on time for my 90 day reports from that time forward.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

... I know people who pay the 2000baht late filing fine, file ONE 90 day report just before their yearly extension is due, then never file another report the rest of the year, and the following year, pay the 2000baht, file, get their extension. I saw a passport with years worth of 2000baht fine stamps and year extensions, page after page.

While I am not advocating people don't do the 90 day reporting the fine is static <-meaning it's 2000baht whether you're 8 days late or 8 months late  

I would not recommend this either.  At one time, relatively short overstays were "no big deal" - until suddenly they were.  Things can change.  It can't hurt to be squeaky clean.

• Agree 1

Prachinburi refuses to accept online or mailed in 90 reports.

They also, not coincidentally, demand a 100 baht "administrative fee" for in person reporting. 

Been doing this for a while now. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Prachinburi refuses to accept online or mailed in 90 reports.

They also, not coincidentally, demand a 100 baht "administrative fee" for in person reporting. 

Been doing this for a while now. 

I'll bet folks who live out in sticks are just a bit peeved about that. That's daylight robbery, pure and simple.

27 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I'll bet folks who live out in sticks are just a bit peeved about that. That's daylight robbery, pure and simple.

It is especially hard on the many migrant workers in the province  many of whom live on daily wages. They lose a days pay plus the 100 baht, every 90 days. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It is especially hard on the many migrant workers in the province  many of whom live on daily wages. They lose a days pay plus the 100 baht, every 90 days. 

They can get away with it as long as good folk do nothing about it.

Anti-corrupt commission, 1205.
Immigration advice line 1178.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Ok, well, we all make choices - no need to call others lazy.  I pay 300 baht and the 90 days is mailed to me at my address - I don't go to the IO office and I am happy to pay $8 for this service.

These days a 7 year old could do a 90 day online report in three minutes, nothing to it. That 300 baht could buy several beers :sleep:

Edited by proton
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2024 at 5:56 PM, hotandsticky said:

Just to be clear, 2,000 Baht is the minimum fine.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 5,000.- Baht.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=1666

The minimum fee for the failure to notify immigration of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days as required by Section 37(5) of the Immigration Act is not 2,000 Baht. This amount seems to be the fixed amount, not the minimum amount, an immigration official is allowed to fine under Section 84 of the Immigration Act. I say "seems to be" because I have been unable to find the document listing the "criteria for settlement or any conditions as deemed fit" mentioned in Section 84 or a link to it.

Thank you for posting the link https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=1666. The following text on that page is false and the owner of the website could be sued for this under the Computer Crimes Act.

If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 5,000.- Baht.

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

That is outrageous! Why on earth isn't the immigration complaints hotline buzzing with indignation?

9 hours ago, proton said:

These days a 7 year old could do a 90 day online report in three minutes, nothing to it. That 300 baht could buy several beers :sleep:

Really? I'm always reading of issues on here. Happy to pay my 300 and relax - cheers!

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

The minimum fee for the failure to notify immigration of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days as required by Section 37(5) of the Immigration Act is not 2,000 Baht. This amount seems to be the fixed amount, not the minimum amount, an immigration official is allowed to fine under Section 84 of the Immigration Act. I say "seems to be" because I have been unable to find the document listing the "criteria for settlement or any conditions as deemed fit" mentioned in Section 84 or a link to it.

According to the Immigration Act, the penalty for non-compliance with section 37(5) is listed in section 76.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be
punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for
each day which passes until the law is complied with.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:00 PM, Maestro said:

Could it be that instead of the "visa expiration date", immigration wants the expiration date of your current extension of stay?

Yes. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That is outrageous! Why on earth isn't the immigration complaints hotline buzzing with indignation?

The hotline is set up for reporting foreigners to immigration, nto receiving complaints from foreigners about immigration.

And, of course, people fear repercussions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/16/2024 at 10:51 PM, Pouatchee said:

@Tod Daniels is absolutely right. this is exactly what the lady doing the 90 days told me verbatim here at the rayong office

Offices can say anything they want, reality is something else.

One online application I did last year had approval by return, so fast it had to have been automated. Maybe a sign of things to come. The following application went back to normal, taking a couple of hours. Haven't done one since,next in a couple of months.

At the end of the day nobody really knows what is going on in the background. Software is regularly updated and in most cases without anyone noticing, other times could mean a temporary problem.