Pattaya to become Southeast Asia’s premier destination

snoop1130

1 hour ago, ryandb said:

Didn't they have this conversation literally 2 years ago making it a family destination after Covid

I understand it's location to Bangkok makes it ideal, but how exactly are they going to change it's image, shift out the expats or the hookers? 

Why not invest in Hua Hin, or another stretch of beach south of Bangkok, yes it would cost more to build up from scratch but easier to actually make family friendly.

Places like prachuaup and Chumphon are already there if you want a laid back Thai style holiday. There is also Trang and Surat Thani further down.

Any time a place in Thailand undergoes development that brings mass tourism, in come the bars and bar girls.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Not happening as long as every leader concentrate on Beach road." Shade covering "  how mamy times are they going to plant, then pull, then plant, then pull. Repeat and repeat.

For as long as there is money to be skimmed off the top?

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Places like prachuaup and Chumphon are already there if you want a laid back Thai style holiday. There is also Trang and Surat Thani further down.

Any time a place in Thailand undergoes development that brings mass tourism, in come the bars and bar girls.

I agree that's where I go to get away from Samui. But if Thailand wants to create an Abu Dhabi-type retreat they need to invest in a new area and be serious about keeping it that way whether that is outsourcing the running to an investment company that would also be able to enforce no prostitution etc or at least keep it the way it is in the Middle East, high class and out of sight. 

Obviously, I know Thailand is incapable of doing this, I'm just stating that would be the only way they would need to put some serious money into building it and maintaining or licensing an area out for it to be run privately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

They should consider tourist safety with more enforcement of unlicensed motorbike rental, drunk driving, illegal parking/taxi mafia, ladyboy jewellery snatches, and training/regulation of nightclub doormen.

This is all from posts here, I never visit, put off years ago.

You are simply shining a spotlight where it has been shone before, the poor policing. 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pattaya to become Southeast Asia’s premier destination 

This morning heard a BBC article on Pattaya radio, Canary Islands are protesting about tourism. They are protesting for better quality tourists. 

I reckon the Thai's will be protesting soon for better quality tourists, it's absurd letting all these troublemaking, lowlife foreigners in the country.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, AdamRich said:

Guys going out at night looking for hookers is considered a bustling nightlife?

You shouldn't judge everyone on your own habits,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Problem with Hua Hin is that it's IMO a <deleted><deleted><deleted>.

The first thing they should do is have a Pattaya permit for the riff raff that come down from up north. Then they have to show that permit and have a meaningful job or else they get sent packing back, where they came from. Then again I suppose it's easier to blame farangs for everything.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pattaya-5-Pattaya-evolving-into-a-premier-global-tourism-destination-pic-21.jpg

Pattaya, known for its bustling nightlife, is apparently trying to shed its old skin and emerge as a beacon of transformation in Southeast Asia. Recent years have witnessed a remarkable overhaul aimed at elevating visitor experiences and community living standards.

Key infrastructure upgrades are at the heart of this makeover. Underground installations of electrical and communication cables, revamped road surfaces, and improved water drainage systems not only enhance functionality but also add to the city’s aesthetic allure and cleanliness.

Central to this transformation is the rejuvenation of Pattaya Beach, a focal point of the city’s charm. Ongoing projects have breathed new life into its shores, drawing praise from residents and tourists for its revitalised beauty.

However, amidst the progress, challenges loom large. Issues like homelessness and begging underscore the need for ongoing social and urban development efforts to ensure Pattaya remains inclusive and attractive to all.

Looking ahead, ambitious plans are in motion to introduce more green spaces and enhance transportation infrastructure. Proposals include expanding tree cover along Pattaya Beach for shade and introducing electric buses to improve urban mobility and sustainability, reported Pattaya Mail.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Source: The Thaiger 2024-06-19

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

The only possible way this could have been written was by interviewing a politician.
"Beauty" and "charm" are words that would likely NEVER come to mind to describe Pattaya.... to say the very least.

• Agree 1

These poor young teenage girls are dreamers. They shack up with a guy, 9 months later a baby arrives. The bf gets on the Lao kaow, refuses to go to work so those young girls are then supporting 3 people. Of course when she opens her mouth in protest there's normally a mandatory slap or worse. Domestic violence is rife where they came from.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

For as long as there is money to be skimmed off the top?

Yep so right!  Last I read their yearly budget is 19 billion which 16 billion is consider regular expenses I bet within that 16 is money yearly to strip and replace Beach Road in which a lot of skimming is done. The new Mayor which is old now ran on change see any?  ran around in a T-shirt I'm one of you vote for me now is all dress up driving a Benz nowhere to be seen with the deputy doing all the interviews. Yet they still skimming money from the Indoor stadium project which still after 20 years still isn't finish like Beach Road you got it right!

• Agree 1

Every time there is a Pattaya thread the Pattaya bashers remind me of something.

Wallace, Idaho, USA used to have a reputation for (as Popeye the Sailorman called them) "houses of ill repuke".

Someone in Wallace used to sell bumper stickers that said "Honest, I've never been to Wallace Idaho".

• Haha 1