Engaging with Russians during wartime in Thailand?

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Lots of xenophobia on here. Having been to Russia and Ukraine seventeen times, I can tell you my personal observations. Russians are a warm and friendly people, and I never felt any hint of hostility there. Ukrainians, the young ones, were aggressive, and from personal experience, the Police were corrupt. Both spoke Russian predominantly, and the difference between them was unnoticeable. I was there when Yeltsin was president and obviously Putin. There are good and bad everywhere. Like most people, they like to be amongst their own kind - Slavs. I have found that with Americans, Africans, Jews, Thais - no difference - birds of a feather etc.

but but but, the western news tells me Russia bad....they must be,  but i've never been.

yep, xenophobia is off the charts, imagine swapping 'Russians' for 'blacks' , the thread would be closed in 3 seconds 

Edited by frank83628
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are a multitude of reasons why very few around the world have sympathy for the Russians. Those reasons are not limited to their serial killing, despot, thieving multi billionaire dictator for life. It is more about their nature, their history as ruthless, homicidal Cossack warriors, and their total lack of manners, and class. Not to mention the dignity, class, decency, civility, and social skills decades of Leninism, Stalinism, and now Putinism has stripped them of. 

And of course, the utter failure of their leader. This is a clear case of psychological projection: Putin dreamt and failed to create a dollar-free world and establish Russia as an “energy superpower.” He allowed corruption to metastasize through the state’s fabric, undermining its security capabilities. With its mass emigration, skyrocketing divorce rate, and low fertility, Russia, more than the West, demonstrates an immense collapse of family and social values.

'very few'..in your western based opinion, remember, the US and UK and Nato countries are not the whole world..far from it.

Failure of Putin and dollar free world..you've heard of BRICS right? and Saudi not going to use the perto dollar? the more the US bully others,  the more they lose.....bye bye US os Arse.......

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.  This is indeed a time of war and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Don't kid yourselves.

and in what way does the Ukraine war effect you here in Thailand?

perhaps you should go and sign up if you feel so strongly, do you bit, set an example to the draft dodgers 

3 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

and in what way does the Ukraine war effect you here in Thailand?

perhaps you should go and sign up if you feel so strongly, do you bit, set an example to the draft dodgers 

Perhaps you should stop trolling.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm of the same opinion that we're in WW3 already but most people are still in denial. The west can win IF it gets its act together and IF they can subdue the Putin adjacent fascists within such as the insidious magas.  Not saying I'd be optimistic about that.

so, WIN...not NEGOTIATE and put an end to it asap.  from the safety of your computer of course!

subdue the Putin adjacent fascists within such as the insidious magas. ..... haha, jeezuz!

2 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so, WIN...not NEGOTIATE and put an end to it asap.  from the safety of your computer of course!

subdue the Putin adjacent fascists within such as the insidious magas. ..... haha, jeezuz!

Nothing to do with Jeezuz.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nothing to do with Jeezuz.

ok, forget jeezus, answer to the rest, going to sign up and do your part against the pesky Russians, or just sit on you computer ?

As I’ve said here before, I’ve always found the Russians who have been dominating Jomtien Beach during high season to be perfectly decent people, despite their utterly evil president. Mind you, as the only Russian language I know is “I’m sorry, I don’t speak Russian”, they could well be praising Putin to the skies, but I think they’re only at the beach as Thai sunshine is better than winter in Siberia. Very few Russians when I was last there a couple of weeks ago in low season, because there were very few people of any nationality.

I think the controversy over the number of Russian tourists will soon be moot anyway, as the massive expenditure on Putin’s invasion of Ukraine is going to destroy the incipient Russian middle class, who were just beginning to be able to afford regular overseas travel. 

19 hours ago, NedR69 said:

Yea, just like your one-sided opinion that seems to support the war and love of Russians.

Not my opinion, just stating what the Russian, I mean Ukrainian told me.....LoL

I don't pick sides, I just see things for what they are, "listen", nut not to mainstream media, they are an evil, then I decide who is right and who is wrong.

I know it's difficult for the boomers to get their head out of the sand and keep an open mind.

This American Professor sums it up pretty much the way it is, and why it is the way it is, but then again, no doubt you will say his opinion is one-sided....LOL

The interview with Piers Morgan was only yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't think Ukrainians are going to forget the 6 million of them that were starved to death on Stalin's orders either.

Nor the Jews by the Nazi's, don't you think we all need to move forward and stop with the BS.

Massacres have happened throughout history, and in my opinion, the only aggressor that I see is America who creates wars to serve it's purpose, nothing to do with what happened in the past.

What you have to ask yourself is, what history there is between the Russian's and the Ukraine's is between the Russian's and the Ukraine's, NATO is a load of crap, as is the United Nations Council.

Interesting video released yesterday where Piers Morgan interviews an American Professor who had been at the coalface of this for decades, dare to open your mind ?

See it in the above post.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Kerch bridge "terrorist" attack?

What a load of Kremlin propaganda.

Just repeating it, huh?

Yeah, you got that right buddy.

So the bombing of a bridge in Crimea buy Ukraine is not a terrorist attack, hmmm, what would you call it then ?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/17/first-thing-explosions-on-kerch-bridge-linking-crimea-and-russia

22 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Nor the Jews by the Nazi's, don't you think we all need to move forward and stop with the BS.

Massacres have happened throughout history, and in my opinion, the only aggressor that I see is America who creates wars to serve it's purpose, nothing to do with what happened in the past.

What you have to ask yourself is, what history there is between the Russian's and the Ukraine's is between the Russian's and the Ukraine's, NATO is a load of crap, as is the United Nations Council.

Interesting video released yesterday where Piers Morgan interviews an American Professor who had been at the coalface of this for decades, dare to open your mind ?

See it in the above post.

When people suggest I should have an open mind on some issue, it is usually because theirs need to be closed for repairs.

If NATO is a load of crap, why does everyone want to join it?

You seem to be unfamiliar with Santayana's most frequently-repeated aphorism. Move forward and stop with the BS insults the dead.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't pick sides, I just see things for what they are, "listen", nut not to mainstream media, they are an evil, then I decide who is right and who is wrong.

I know it's difficult for the boomers to get their head out of the sand and keep an open mind.

This American Professor sums it up pretty much the way it is, and why it is the way it is, but then again, no doubt you will say his opinion is one-sided....LOL

American has fueled all these wars since Vietnam. 

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

So the bombing of a bridge in Crimea buy Ukraine is not a terrorist attack, hmmm, what would you call it then ?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/17/first-thing-explosions-on-kerch-bridge-linking-crimea-and-russia

A legitimate military target.

Duh.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-crimea-ukraine-kerch-bridge-c3759176ab015796a1e21ca82f19e0c9

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Jeffrey Sachs?!?

Kremlin mouthpiece. 

Dude stop lying.

You have picked a side.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Jeffrey Sachs?!?

Kremlin mouthpiece. 

Dude stop lying.

You have picked a side.

so basically, unless someone agrees you and your US version of news & information, they are a Kremlin mouthpiece, a Putin apologist, Russian stooge.

6 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so basically, unless someone agrees you and your US version of news & information, they are a Kremlin mouthpiece, a Putin apologist, Russian stooge.

No. Stop lying.

I never said that.

For example I strongly disagree with John Merscheimer but I respect him as an academic and intellectual and have never seen him as a Putin butt boy.

6 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

As I’ve said here before, I’ve always found the Russians who have been dominating Jomtien Beach during high season to be perfectly decent people, despite their utterly evil president. Mind you, as the only Russian language I know is “I’m sorry, I don’t speak Russian”, they could well be praising Putin to the skies, but I think they’re only at the beach as Thai sunshine is better than winter in Siberia. Very few Russians when I was last there a couple of weeks ago in low season, because there were very few people of any nationality.

I think the controversy over the number of Russian tourists will soon be moot anyway, as the massive expenditure on Putin’s invasion of Ukraine is going to destroy the incipient Russian middle class, who were just beginning to be able to afford regular overseas travel. 

Well I'm hopeful that the Russian economy will collapse from within but as long as Putin or a replacement is keeping up his imperialist ambitions the draft dodgers will do all they can to avoid returning. 

7 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

And send them to war to kill innocent Ukrainians?

Unfortunately for the time being Putin still has plenty of cannon fodder but he knows if he ever needs to mobilize many in Moscow that his days will be numbered. He goes for the far provincials and ethnic minorities. 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Unfortunately for the time being Putin still has plenty of cannon fodder but he knows if he ever needs to mobilize many in Moscow that his days will be numbered. He goes for the far provincials and ethnic minorities. 

You think he is afraid of mass protests in Moscow? C'mon. We all saw what they can do to protesters.

12 hours ago, frank83628 said:

'very few'..in your western based opinion, remember, the US and UK and Nato countries are not the whole world..far from it.

Failure of Putin and dollar free world..you've heard of BRICS right? and Saudi not going to use the perto dollar? the more the US bully others,  the more they lose.....bye bye US os Arse.......

Try just a little harder to imagine a world dominated by Russia and China. Is that the world you really want?

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

You think he is afraid of mass protests in Moscow? C'mon. We all saw what they can do to protesters.

He's afraid of his inner circle offing him. 

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Try just a little harder to imagine a world dominated by Russia and China. Is that the world you really want?

He obviously does. 

Many people do.

Sides are being hardened. 

• Agree 1