Scotland Fans Stir Controversy Mock Death of Late Queen

Social Media

image.png.e415a9d47ec5ed62b2cc0cb7e94e89cf.png

Ahead of the European Championship match between England and Denmark, Scottish fans have been filmed mocking the late Queen Elizabeth II in a chant. The footage shows a small group of fans in Düsseldorf singing "Lizzie’s in a box," referring to the Queen, who passed away in September 2022. This incident occurred just before Prince William, the late Queen’s grandson, is set to attend the England-Denmark clash.

In Frankfurt, where the match will take place, another group of Scottish fans sang the same offensive chant in the city’s main square. The chant has previously been used at Dundee United matches and has been condemned by various fan groups.

This behavior has sparked frustration among the broader Tartan Army, who pride themselves on their reputation for good behavior. Additionally, fans from Dundee in Frankfurt sang an offensive song about England captain Harry Kane, with lyrics mocking him for "licking windows on the bus" and "eating spaghetti with his hands." This particular chant had already been criticized by fellow supporters during a visit to Belgium in 2019.

Dundee, known for its nationalist sentiments, was one of the few areas that voted for Scottish independence in the 2014 referendum. Dundee United has had previous issues with fan behavior, including disrupting a minute’s silence for the late Queen in 2022 before a match against Rangers.

Simultaneously, English fans have also been engaging in offensive behavior by chanting songs related to World War II. Despite repeated warnings from police, English fans have continued to sing "10 German Bombers," a song that mocks German casualties during the war. Police in Frankfurt have appealed for fans to behave and avoid such provocative songs.

The offensive behaviors from both Scottish and English fans have highlighted tensions and have drawn criticism from authorities and fellow supporters alike. As police continue to appeal for respectful conduct, the incidents underscore the ongoing challenges in maintaining decorum among rival fans during major sporting events.

Credit: Daily Telegraph 2024-06-21

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Maybe you should check the lyrics.

It's about the RAF defending the country by shooting down German bombers (Nazis) during WW2.

image.png.a26bd91304d60d4daa79d4bcd0d1fb97.png

Not very PC in today's Woke dystopia I grant you, but celebrating defeating the invading Nazis is a millions miles from celebrating the death of an old lady who served her country for 70 years, as the Scottish fans did. 

Maybe you should check how it is perceived in the host country. Even The Telegraph admits it is at best mocking.

Edited by stevenl
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

Scotland is a small nation and yes even within that parameter we're not very good. We never said we were, we are just enjoying life. Try it.

Ironic that you get your pantys in a twist about a bit of criticism when having a go at the English is practically a national sport in Scotland. 😄

I'm loving the tournament, England poised to go through, some great games, some smaller nations putting in great performances against the big boys.

Plus the Scots and their vile chants will be gone soon. What's not to be happy about? Well, apart from our inept Woke manager but hopefully Man Utd will snap him up after the tournament. ☺️ 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ironic that you get your pantys in a twist about a bit of criticism when having a go at the English is practically a national sport in Scotland.

There's nowt under my kilt, so I'm not the one getting my panties in a twist (over multiple threads)! The only irony is that no one has had a go at England, whilst many of your posts are anti-Scotland. I have said I think England will qualify for the next stages, despite last night's performance, and that I look forward to seeing them play the likes of France etc. in the latter stages. I like football and there are some great games coming up, including England. I congratulated the Lionesses in the other thread.

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

when having a go at the English is practically a national sport in Scotland.

Where are you located? 1970?

Have you even been to Scotland in the last 30 years? When I was young (a long time ago now) there was a Scottish comedy show on the telly, one of the characters was a tartan clad Scotsman who used to step over the border and hurl an insult at the English and then immediately step back. It wasn't funny because he was hurling insults, it was funny because such a character was ridiculous, 40 years later even more so.

Most Scots I know have zero animosity towards England, 10% of the population was born there! Half a million English choose to live in Scotland, I doubt they would do that if they were hunted as the national sport. Go visit, you might have some fun!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

A football chant that mocks? Well colour me shocked. Maybe grounds can have trigger warnings in case snowflakes wish to attend a game. You might even hear some colourful language. 

The Scottish chant isn't funny, it's revolting. "Lizzie's in a box". Think about that for a moment. How do you think it makes her children and grand children feel. The nation that loved her. It's a horrendous song, chanted by English hating Scottish nationalist hooligans. Fortunately they'll be eliminated from the tournament soon, and they can go back to supporting England's opponents like did in the days before the tournament was expanded enough to allow pub teams to qualify.   

At least you're keeping irony's flame burning! So precious to see your feewings being hurt and in your whining you dare to evoke "snowflakes"? The guy whose bawling about those mean ol' Scots and their narsty songs? LOLOLOL! Cry me a river, snowflake!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 2

On 6/21/2024 at 6:32 AM, JonnyF said:

No surprise.

Scottish nationalists have never been known for their benevolence or intellect. I guess when you have the corrupt SNP pumping out hate towards England, sorry I mean "Westminster" for so long it eventually becomes ingrained in the lower echelons of society. 

Fortunately they're rubbish at football so they'll be back on the plane to the land of deep fried mars bars and Irn Bru after their next game.

Do you know the political affiliation of the fans in question or are you making unfounded assumptions?

Why would any dislike of England, if it actually exists outside your head, manifest itself in disrespect to the queen of the united kingdom? She doesn't represent England alone. 

• Love It 1

On 6/21/2024 at 6:50 AM, JonnyF said:

Defeating the Nazis in WW2 was a great achievement, one that saved the lives of millions and halted the suffering of many more millions.

Celebrating the skill and bravery of the pilots, many of whom gave their lives for their country and ensured the freedom and liberty of their countrymen, while not really appropriate for a football game, is a million miles away from celebrating the death of an old lady who served her country with dignity for 70 years. 

I don't believe that the defeat of the Nazis was a solely English accomplishment. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2024 at 8:23 AM, JonnyF said:

Ironic that you get your pantys in a twist about a bit of criticism when having a go at the English is practically a national sport in Scotland. 😄

You seen to be contradicting yourself in this thread, old pal. Is it the just the SNP supporters or all of Scotland who has a go at the English? 

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2024 at 8:50 AM, JonnyF said:

Defeating the Nazis in WW2 was a great achievement, one that saved the lives of millions and halted the suffering of many more millions.

Celebrating the skill and bravery of the pilots, many of whom gave their lives for their country and ensured the freedom and liberty of their countrymen, while not really appropriate for a football game, is a million miles away from celebrating the death of an old lady who served her country with dignity for 70 years. 

You wouldn't understand what it is like to be colonised, as a Scot I do. 

Less than 200 years ago, there was ethnic cleansing during the Highland clearances. 

Would you forget that and like the monarch of the country that did it? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Less than 200 years ago, there was ethnic cleansing during the Highland clearances. 

Eeeeeer, Scottish James VI became James I of England, so your Scottishness is well in the Royal family...

You, complaining and near suicidal over something that happened centuries ago, is very funny, considering you live in LOS and pay taxes here. Do you now have PR here, so you really are a Scottish deserter making out you have been "taken" by the English...........🤣

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The Scottish owners of the land evicted the Scottish tenants . The people removed were not the landowners, they were just tenants 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances

Edited by Nick Carter icp

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Nonsense. There were more Scottish landlords than not involved, all executed by Scottish Factors.

There are many excellent reasons to abolish the monarchy but the clearances are not relevant to that debate.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 8:38 AM, stevenl said:

Personally I find the chanting of the English fans worse in this case. Why do you gloss that over?

Because the Yobbo Scot's in this story are brainless tools, who probably never got past the 10 x tables, with faces looking like kebabs because they were brought up on takeaways.....:coffee1: