Thai girlfriend working in a bar

On 6/29/2024 at 2:22 PM, NativeBob said:

student loan in Thailand? what a BS!

Contrary to your ignorance and Thai bashing, there are government scholarships for students in Thailand. Thanks to this, my daughter is studying medicine in Chiang Mai, in her 4th semester.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 6:37 AM, jjstephen said:

On the weekends she will go down to Pattaya to work in the bar and then return back to the hospital on Monday morning.

I've met legal secretaries from Bangkok working Pattaya on weekends. 

So many professional women from Bangkok, just start a conversation, the conversation very quickly goes to prostitution. 

Why not, I'm keen to give them a little bit of money for some hanky panky. 

It's only the loser's guys complaining and the ugly chicks that don't like the pretties getting paid. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 3

On 6/29/2024 at 7:30 AM, robertyongym said:

You can take the girl our of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl.

Why?  Did it get stuck?    Must be an upstairs only trick anyways.

Can this initial post really be true?!

God bless this guy if it is!!

And heah, hopefully God is going to be blessing him, even if his post is a bit of nonsense.

Many years ago, a friend introduced me to a lady via the internet...

I never met the lady, and I never saw her in any way, although she sent me a digital photo.... that was maybe of her.....

Anyway... her thing was to get off by explaining everything she was supposedly doing to pleasure herself. She went into quite a good deal of detail, and I learned a bit along the way. 

I will say that I found her to be VERY entertaining... VERY

And all at no charge.

Maybe it is just me... but I never considered asking her to marry me!!

On 6/22/2024 at 2:04 AM, jjstephen said:

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous when I write it like that, but when you find true love the distance is not a barrier. Although we have not met yet, I am literally talking to her constantly, all day every day sending messages. I spend more time talking to her than if we lived together and were both working. I feel that I know her quite well at this stage. In November I will visit her bar and ask the other women if she ever did bar fines or not.

You are suffering from delusion, brought on by the extreme levels of emotional vulnerability men face in the West. She knows that and she is likely exploiting that.

You cannot love someone you have not met and spent time with. You are simply in love with the idea of love. 

You will not get accurate info from the girls at the bar. They will protect her. If it mattered to you that she may have slept with hundreds of bar patrons, you should hire a forum member that lives in Pattaya, to go to the bar, attempt to bar fine her, and see what happens. If she is willing to bang him, you at least know what you are dealing with, and will know the whole thing has been a very clever charade, which I would bet it is. Very few nurses work part time in bars. 

Half of the art of getting a Thai GF, is to behave in such a manner that you ensure self preservation, and are able to maintain your manliness and self esteem. Never succumb to madness and utter foolishness. They all have a story. Most are fake stories. 

Having dated a real nurse in the past, I can say that there's no way OP's story is real. Hospitals operate every day, around the clock. There's no weekdays nurses only, they work in different shifts, all days of the week. They can have a day or 2 off between switches of day and night shifts, but if they needed more money, they could fill in for someone else to get far more than working at a bar.

So her story is most likely made up. Probably the only truthful part is that she's working at a bar in Pattaya.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You found someone who you thought had morals and found out they were a hooker.

Honour, duty, loyalty, bravery, morality, honesty (etc.) are western knightly cultural virtues that were invented to control male behaviour.

Females don't really have morals as we think of them it's not in their culture.

But trying to apply them to an Asian female ........ just no!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Honour, duty, loyalty, bravery, morality, honesty (etc.) are western knightly cultural virtues that were invented to control male behaviour.

Also, the gentleman's duel.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry...but you are wrong....very wrong. That's just your experience.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Having dated a real nurse in the past, I can say that there's no way OP's story is real. Hospitals operate every day, around the clock. There's no weekdays nurses only, they work in different shifts, all days of the week. They can have a day or 2 off between switches of day and night shifts, but if they needed more money, they could fill in for someone else to get far more than working at a bar.

So her story is most likely made up. Probably the only truthful part is that she's working at a bar in Pattaya.

Reading between the lines.... the whole post is made up.

Likely the OP has numerous login ID's to use purely to troll theforum.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've met legal secretaries from Bangkok working Pattaya on weekends. 

So many professional women from Bangkok, just start a conversation, the conversation very quickly goes to prostitution. 

Does it not occur to you that you are just believing a story?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Does it not occur to you that you are just believing a story?

Is it against the law. 

I often go along with the comedy 

Lots of jokers here. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, NowNow said:

How else? They don't really like you, but they want/need money.

Expats expecting morality principals to apply in other countries where they are not valued.

Vs here where if someone does wrong it tends to be ignored. "They are just trying to be happy" sort of thing, nevermind. Like there's some rainbow at the end you can't see yet.

Edited by JimTripper

On 6/28/2024 at 5:30 PM, robertyongym said:

You can take the girl our of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl.

You can pick your bride, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your bride's nose.  Not even in Thailand.

But you can borrow her inhaler.

39 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Expats expecting morality principals to apply in other countries where they are not valued.

Vs here where if someone does wrong it tends to be ignored. "They are just trying to be happy" sort of thing, nevermind. Like there's some rainbow at the end you can't see yet.

The very obvious issue is the way that people connect and to whom they connect.

I used to take a Thai girl out on her days off. Would even 'help' for fun with her job as a hotel receptionist.

I just saw us as good friends, whereas likely many would think she was my girlfriend. I left her with an ATM card from my home country, in case I needed something from Thailand whilst away. I would sometimes ask her to go to a gold shop to pick something for my mum and others.

I would have to insist that she took something for herself for all the time and trouble of going to the shop, post office etc. I mean INSIST. There was no interest in my money at all.

Contrast that with what we see described so often on these threads. That all Asian women are lacking in morals etc 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

You can pick your bride, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your bride's nose.  Not even in Thailand.

But you can borrow her inhaler.

Speaking of.

Place ya mouth over her nose and blow.... their cheeks flap, freaks em out !

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 2:04 AM, jjstephen said:

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous when I write it like that, but when you find true love the distance is not a barrier. Although we have not met yet, I am literally talking to her constantly, all day every day sending messages. I spend more time talking to her than if we lived together and were both working. I feel that I know her quite well at this stage. In November I will visit her bar and ask the other women if she ever did bar fines or not.

I can already tell you their answer.  But, you are SO naive it would be a waste of text space.  Do you even understand about the sinsod!  Do you know you will more less be adopting her immediate family.  Be prepared to be the 'payer' at family dinners at restaurants.  Basically, GROW UP.  Come here, enjoy your holiday but make NO long term plans at least until your 10th visit when you will be more aware of things here.  Above all, DO NOT agree to send money so 'she' will wait for you.  BTW, you could be chatting with a 'ladyboy'.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 7:04 AM, jjstephen said:

True love doesn't exist IMO, It's an invention by business to sell chocolates and diamond rings, just like Santa was used to sell Coca Cola.

https://www.coca-cola.com/us/en/about-us/faq/did-coca-cola-create-santa-claus

Coca‑Cola did not create the legend of Santa Claus. But Coca‑Cola advertising did play a big role in shaping the jolly character we know today.

You should ask the other women in the bar, as they will tell you the 100% truth. You can trust them for sure.

• Like 1

Troll topic, new member and all that, but it does happen. Some in the medical industry (no, not doctors typically as they can pile cash in and will not dabble with foreigners in this manner) do also supplement earnings with 'other' work. Some girls 'doing the 'books'' also might not dabble but the temptation is massive as are the offers. If folk find theirselves in such a position and need to ask this question about prospective relationships, it is already doomed to fail. They will never find peace. Move on. 

• Like 1

A friend of mine took out a bar girl in Pattaya recently. She was a nurse in bkk and the bar was owned by a doctor she worked with in bkk. Maybe I can put you in touch with him so you learn about her ins and outs (more ins) to be better prepared for your first meeting. 
what a windup. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1