British Couple Arrested for Running Xanax Scam in Thailand

webfact

On 6/22/2024 at 4:42 AM, stoner said:

i know right. can't have any competition cutting into corporate profits. 

I have real problems with corporations in healthcare, but do you think this is just about competition, and not the fact they are producing back-yard, unregulated drugs? - give your head a wobble 

• Like 1

Just now, PremiumLane said:

I have real problems with corporations in healthcare, but do you think this is just about competition, and not the fact they are producing back-yard, unregulated drugs? - give your head a wobble 

you're the kind of guy that interrupts a stand up show to point something out. it was meant for a laugh. of course i know they are making back yard unregulated drugs. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

fake pills, .... but xanax is a nasty drug

just in case for the non believers

What are the negative effects of taking Xanax?

Side Effects
  • Being forgetful.
  • changes in patterns and rhythms of speech.
  • clumsiness or unsteadiness.
  • difficulty with coordination.
  • discouragement.
  • drowsiness.
  • feeling sad or empty.
  • lack of appetite.
Edited by john donson

On 6/22/2024 at 5:17 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

They've been prosecuted in the UK, not Thailand, the UK Regional Organised Crime Units don't operate here.

Geez LL...you taking over the forum??? 

All the posts?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Take Xanax, fake or otherwise, at you own risk.

I would never do such a thing.

Still, it's a real MONEYMAKER for those who produce Xanax, fake or otherwise.

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2024 at 2:07 AM, Enoon said:

Nobody knows......because it's irrelevant.

The "story" is only here because AI picked up the word Thailand in connection with a criminal case in the UK and bleeped it at a news "editor" connected with AN.

So it gets printed here, with no explanation of the Thai background, because nobody in Thailand had/has a clue what was going on and where they were.

Notice there is no mention in the AN article of Thai police involvement and no big show put on by the Thai police themselves.

They were not extradited, the British police just waited until the clever couple, who had no clue that the whole operation was under surveillance, popped home.

The origin of this notreallymuchtodowithThailand story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3ggdew76gzo

thanks, this made sense

5 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:
On 6/22/2024 at 11:17 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

They've been prosecuted in the UK, not Thailand, the UK Regional Organised Crime Units don't operate here.

Geez LL...you taking over the forum??? 

All the posts?

Jesus, hc...what's the issue, is there a correct number of posts - but what has the number of my posts got to do with you, anyway?  You do know that this is a forum that has only one purpose - comments?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Jesus, hc...what's the issue, is there a correct number of posts - but what has the number of my posts got to do with you, anyway?  You do know that this is a forum that has only one purpose - comments?

Its not the number of posts per se......its your 9 consecutive posts on 1 topic....bit of a record here.

Why did you not multiple quote? 

I guess tou like to shout out loud. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, harleyclarkey said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Its not the number of posts per se......its your 9 consecutive posts on 1 topic....bit of a record here.

Why did you not multiple quote? 

I guess tou like to shout out loud. 

"...its your 9 consecutive posts..."

So what?   Why are you counting my comments?

"Why did you not multiple quote?"

What has that got to do with you, how does it affect you and how is the post count of other members any concern of yours...on a forum?

I guess tou like to shout out loud".

I didn't "shout" anything.

On 6/22/2024 at 7:36 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Why are there massive profits? Because those drugs can be produced cheap.

If pharma companies would sell their products at reasonable prices, then those private scammers wouldn't exist.

Xanax is generally not available for recreational use, regardless of price.

8 minutes ago, neverere said:

Xanax is generally not available for recreational use, regardless of price.

Then maybe people shouldn't buy it for "recreational use". It's not really that difficult. 

On 6/22/2024 at 9:43 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure. But my point is that people wouldn't buy something "cheap" on the streets if they could buy quality products for a decent price in a pharmacy.

The same applies to all drugs - legal or illegal. 

Illegal drugs cannot normally be purchased in a pharmacy regardless of price, or quality. If you are advocating the legalization of drugs in general, much as applies to alcohol in most countries, I am inclined to agree with you.

On 6/22/2024 at 11:01 AM, Polaky said:

Who buys their drugs online?, surely you would go to a chemist and not Lazada, unless the chemists were in on it, I have come to the conclusion that nothing is real anymore, and the drugs your taking including vitamins could be lethal.

Xanax is only available on prescription in the UK. Recreational users would purchase online or in person from a dealer.

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Then maybe people shouldn't buy it for "recreational use". It's not really that difficult. 

Correct, that would be illegal. Kind of what this post refers to.

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 9:48 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

IMHO pharma companies should make money, sure. But it seems they have profit margins for some products which are just crazy.

Private insurance drives a lot of the problems with health care, especially in the US. 

I'm currently in a clinical trial for tirzepetide (Monjauro). They're trying to show that it reduces the chances of cardiovascular events among older people who've already had some sort of event.

I'm not obese, but I have a stent. That, along with other factors, qualified me for the study. Right now insurance companies don't want to pay for the drug, but if Lilly can show that it does that then it will be standard for cardiologists to prescribe it to those patients, and insurance companies will cover it. by charging $1,000+ per month now,  when it gets approved for that use they will have a gold mine.

Their incremental cost per dose is apparently about $5, so it will be extraordinarily profitable for years.

The drug itself is, in my personal experience, amazing. My blood pressure is now excellent, my a1c is very low, and my LDL cholesterol is well down. It's likely that I will remain healthy for longer because of it. fwiw I haven't experienced the side effects that some people do.

There are two sides to big Pharma - the researchers, who are generally brilliant and really do want to help humanity, and the corporate side, who want to squeeze and squeeze every last dollar they can.

Edited by Paradise Pete
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/22/2024 at 10:49 PM, Bday Prang said:

What are you talking about?  they were not extradited,     Another poster who appears unable to read and understand

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was commenting on a post which seemed to suggest they'd need to be found guilty before they could be extradited and that Thailand should wash their hands of the affair. My understanding is that extradition has nothing to do with being found guilty. They could go to jail in Thailand and then be extradited, they'd probably be deported anyway.

The article isn't clear about where they are likely to face jail. It doesn't say they would be charged in Thailand or if they would be extradited. My guess is they wouldn't fight extradition anyway.