I've been denied entry to Thailand - Now What ! ?

2 hours ago, Angus55 said:

Why the f should i have to dress up to enter  a country. Is it illegal to wear fishermans pants, beer tshirt? F that i will just go to Cambodia where normal people are welcome.

Of course it isn't illegal to look like a hobo, but it's so easy to present nicely and be welcomed into the country you took all that trouble to fly to. Why invite scrutiny and contempt, just to make some daft libertarian point, when all you want to do is sail through the airport, grab a beer and crash out at your hotel?

Edited by sidneybear
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

So according to TF wisdom from all the international travel experts here, just dress nice.  That solves everything.  🤡

I suggest wearing a tux for your 15 hour flight...just to be safe.  I mean why take a chance right?

Edited by shdmn
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

So according to TF wisdom from all the international travel experts here, just dress nice.  That solves everything.  🤡

I suggest wearing a tux for your 15 hour flight...just to be safe.  I mean why take a chance right?

Yeah.... I always wear t-shirt/shorts/jandals.

Nove had an issue entering Thailand.

On 6/22/2024 at 9:17 AM, Jack1988 said:

I always use men officer at the airport, never had a problem, officer man always polite with me. Also the last time I come back to Thailand. I always avoid thai women officer, i don't really like the way they treat foreigners, they looks like a bit racist and always moody

I have to admit that the one time I was given a warning and told to get the correct visa next time was by a female I.O. who spotted an old Non O visa in my passport.  Likewise, a friend entering for exactly the same reason was also given a warning by a female officer. I believe they were within their rights to warn us as we both should have been on 'marriage visas'.

However before that I'd been using 30 day exempts for a while and worried by denial stories I read on here I went to the immigration counter behind the booths at Suvarnabhumi when I was leaving and asked for more details.  The officer in charge there flicked through my entry stamps and told me I'd be fine as I stayed out of the country for around 8 weeks between trips. He said they were looking for people who were living/working in Thailand illegally. On that occasion, the reason for my entries wasn't discussed.

Whenever there are 'denial stories' on here, someone always pipes up and says they've been 'border bouncing' for years and never had a problem.  I don't doubt that but I'd just call it luck.

Tod has provided details of how to deal with denials but I think even he would accept that someone with a lot of very close entry/exit stamps in their passport will always be at risk and may at some point, have to take a 'holiday' from Thailand for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/22/2024 at 3:17 PM, Jack1988 said:

I always use men officer at the airport, never had a problem, officer man always polite with me. Also the last time I come back to Thailand. I always avoid thai women officer, i don't really like the way they treat foreigners, they looks like a bit racist and always moody

When landing cards were still in use a female IO told my Thai wife and son they had to have an exit card so we duly left the queue then completed the cards and joined another queue. The male IO asked why my wife had landing cards as Thai citizens do not need them. My wife pointed to the female IO and he laughed and said she's jealous that you travel to England with your rich farang husband. Oh, how we laughed!

• Sad 3

On 6/22/2024 at 9:53 PM, ChristianPFC said:

My one experience 2016 from Malaysia to Hat Yai at Sadao was a very unfriendly reception and means of funding checked for everyone; another passenger from my van was not with us any more on the Thai side because he didn't have proof of funding.

What did they accept as proof of funding? Cash in hand or a bank statement?

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 3:17 PM, Jack1988 said:

I am not so sure. I fly in from Vietnam regularly, both Bangkok airports, and most of the time accidentally end up with a young female officer, and never had the slightest problem .

Well, maybe it's not really that accidental. Not a fan of the male Thai, so maybe my subconscious steers me away from them.

Where in the past I always hoped to not end up with a woman, was at Chaeng Wattana. There used be one older female IO, with excellent English shout dozens of questions at every applicant, for the whole hall to hear. Luckily I never got her, she made me nervous just watching her..

So, I would say a young attractive female newbie with bad English is the way to go. 😁😃😍

42 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I was informed by a prominent visa-run company in Pattaya that if you have a non-O visa, and you want to go out to get another 30 days, they will refuse unless you pay 1500 - 2000 baht to someone (don't know who)... also the day had to arranged so that the person to be paid was present at the border. They (visa-run company) have to call ahead to make an appointment.

I think you're confusing leaving the country by land to get off a valid Non-O visa/extension and on to a new 30 day entry stamp at a land border where they 'charge a fee' to let people out on valid visa/extensions that aren't cancelled with being denied entry into the country 

Those are two completely different things and the border bounce companies up here in bangkok also tell you that the border will charge a 'fee' to let you out on a Non-Imm visa/extension you're trying to get off of

On 6/22/2024 at 5:43 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"...none looked raciest to me".

So you are able to identify a racist by appearance? What does a racist IO look like, then?

I think by racist the OP meant that the officers are jealous of people who come to the country because they think they have more money ...

19 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

I think you're confusing leaving the country by land to get off a valid Non-O visa/extension and on to a new 30 day entry stamp at a land border where they 'charge a fee' to let people out on valid visa/extensions that aren't cancelled with being denied entry into the country 

Those are two completely different things and the border bounce companies up here in bangkok also tell you that the border will charge a 'fee' to let you out on a Non-Imm visa/extension you're trying to get off of

It sounds more like you are confused. I'm not confused at all...

The situation is exactly as I stated. You can contact the First Class Visa service in Pattaya to confirm. If you're on a non-O, and want to get back in with a 30 days stamp, it will cost what I stated. I will be doing this next month so I have gone over the details already for a trip. 

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2024 at 11:17 AM, Jack1988 said:

I started to do same after bad treatment by 2 women at BKK.

In every other country I get better service by women. probably because I'm good looking -;)

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2024 at 5:55 AM, shdmn said:

What would you suggest one wear for a 15 hour flight in cattle class?  Suit and tie or is business casual good enough?  If you didn't immediately detect that is sarcasm you have lost the plot.

Why the sarcasm ?

Would you want the appearance of people to not matter ?

How could "rebelz" be "rebelz" if they dress like "rebelz" but then are treated nicely ?

People who dress like that are just fishing for triggers - I think in general people should be happy to oblige them.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, JensenZ said:

What did they accept as proof of funding? Cash in hand or a bank statement?

I had 20k THB in cash with me and showed it to immigration officer. I didn't notice or don't remember what other people showed as proof of funding, but I think immigration rules speak of cash (whereas embassies want bank statements).

Edited by ChristianPFC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Bro, how were you were dressed?  I always wear genuine authentic silk of the finest quality for my 15 hour flights and never had a problem.  I also wear shoes made of the finest Corinthian leather.  Whatever you do, do not wear polyester.  Agents are trained to spot peasant wear like that.

Which planet you come from? People can where anything, be anything, 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2024 at 11:33 PM, Chivas said:

How many times have I said down the years on this forum always dress nicely, speak nicely and behave nicely at that immigration booth. Its not remotely difficult

The state of 95% of those that arrive make the other 5% that act nicely stand out should an immigration officer be in "two minds" over entry

I' bet very few denials are in that 5% element

Some of the utter peasants in those immigration queues defy belief

On 6/23/2024 at 7:55 AM, ravip said:

How many times have I said down the years on this forum always dress nicely, speak nicely and behave nicely at that immigration booth. Its not remotely difficult

In February 2019 I was refused entry at DM after being out for 6 weeks. I was dressed nicely and was very polite, I handed my passport to the officer - a man - holding it with both hands, saying hello in Thai, etc. And I was refused entry because I have spent too many time in Thailand... the previous year (2018).

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 2:03 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Second tip - DO NOT SIGN the denial of entry forms (which are usually all in thai except your name). If you don't sign them they can't put a denial of entry stamp in your passport. Don't get me wrong, they will still deny you entry and it'll be in the computer database that you were denied, but they won't put that GIANT half page stamp in it for everyone to see everytime an officer pages thru your passport

I didn't sign it and still got a huge stamp on the last page of my passport.

5 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

And I was refused entry because I have spent too many time in Thailand... the previous year (2018).

Indeed. In 2019 we had a rush of reports of denied entry at airports and in particular BKK and DMK.

Haven't read many reliable reports of denied entry since covid. 

Read many of sustained questioning.

Bit surprised that you spend 6 weeks out and still denied.

Harsh.