It's never to late

EVENKEEL

25 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

there was a thread about this a while back.

some people think drinking in the morning is perfectly fine in retirement as you've worked all your life and now you should be allowed to kick back.

other people think you need help. 

On an empty stomach it makes you drunk quick. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I prefer kicking back a few (small) beers early daytime, gives me a nice appetite for lunch and no fog waking up in the morning. It's not a daily routine as sometimes I indulge in the afternoon, sometimes not at all. 

I won't deny perhaps I need help, but not about drinking beer.

Guys in the movies seem to really enjoy hard liquor straight up, I don't see the pleasure. So, I stick with beer and wine.

You probably have a small problem - but if you are healthy, who cares?  personally, I rarely drink during the daytime and try not to drink at all 2 or 3 days a week to give my liver a rest

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Drinking 4 to 5 days a week is still bad for your health. More than 2 beers a week is bad for you.

You are probably right, but my father drank wine every day and died at 92 - Churchill ran WW2 and was drunk most days    🙂  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You are probably right, but my father drank wine every day and died at 92 - Churchill ran WW2 and was drunk most days    🙂  

So your father sat around drinking or what? Churchill didn't run much at all. The soldiers did the work.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

You probably have a small problem - but if you are healthy, who cares? 

I guess if you are healthy, the rational goal would be to remain healthy as long as possible. But that's likely a minority opinion. Most of our members here seem to be proponents of the Medicated Lifestyle.

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

I guess if you are healthy, the rational goal would be to remain healthy as long as possible. But that's likely a minority opinion. Most of our members here seem to be proponents of the Medicated Lifestyle.

Quality not quantity - anyway each to their own

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

In my mid 50ies, more or less stopped drinking before 50, and in better shape than ever since my late 20ies. 

Incredible how much time and energy socializing with alchohol take away from a sustainable healthy lifestyle.

Everything most expats do in Thailand is combined with alchohol. Very few socializing arenas I have found except going to the gym is linked to drinking. 

I enjoy a drink - if you don't then that's cool. Having a drink is very social, but each decides, right? 

• Like 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

I enjoy a drink - if you don't then that's cool. Having a drink is very social, but each decides, right? 

More or less stopped drinking allow a sharing bottle of quality wine once and awhile, or a beer or two with my buddies. If I drink 5 units or more at Saturday, I can still feel it monday and thuesday. Can take a week before I can do a max lift again in the gym. Thats how bad alchohol can bee and feel for some.  

6 hours ago, susanlea said:

On an empty stomach it makes you drunk quick. 

no mention of breakfast or not
but just drinking early will not make you drunk quick
(empty stomach or not)
as it depends on how much and how quickly you consume
and
if you start drinking early but do not drink to get drunk
but drink very slowly and continue throughout the day
you will be able make it through the night better and appear less drunk even though knocking them back
so drinking earlier can actually make you less drunk

Edited by patman30
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Quality not quantity - anyway each to their own

Both. Now the shrewdest of our ANF Life Coaches have always promoted that short but happy life ending with a smile on one's face during a bonk. Longer life merely means a longer time suffering in the bedsit. Healthy lifestyle = stress.

We all know of The Guys:

The Guys

I know some guys who seemed healthy but have already died.

As opposed to our guarantor, The Relative:

The Relative

A relative of mine did nothing special and lived to 95. Oh, I will too. It's me genes.

What's ignored by our Medicated Lifestyle proponents is that chasing after docs, meds, hospitals, insurance, paying medical bills, carrying around a belly, suffering premature physical and mental decline, pain controlled by medication. When you think about it, the quality achieved becomes rather doubtful . . .

Edited by BigStar