KFC online order: ZC ok, ZM ok, CM ok, but never ZCM. Why?

I just tried to order online from KFC the following:

Zinger Burger

Coleslaw

Mashed Potatoes

and some more.

There are three KFCs near me from which I can order. I used Foodpanda. They have all three locations, and the usual KFC menu, all almost identical.

Except in one shop, I couldn't order a Zinger Burger, in the next shop I couldn't order Coleslaw, and in the last shop I couldn't order Mashed Potatoes.

Not that it was out of stock, it was just not in the menu - and I really searched for it.

I know, one shouldn't ask why in Thailand, because there is not much logic.

But I have to admit that I think: Why?

Whoever setup those items in the shops likely just copied and pasted everything. What's the point of excluding some items?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It is quite possibly the lowest quality and poorest tasting friend chicken on planet earth. 

Maybe. I can't judge as I've never tried them all. But KFC is gigantically successful because it provides what people want. Always a good business model to follow, that. McDonalds is an even better example. I was going to include Starbucks, but that's more of an image thing.

• Agree 1

While living in Thailand I have experienced a KFC with no chicken (I've read that also happening in the UK), a McDonalds at an airport that wasn't allowed to sell burgers where it was located, and a fish restaurant on a beach that had no fish.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

While living in Thailand I have experienced a KFC with no chicken (I've read that also happening in the UK), a McDonalds at an airport that wasn't allowed to sell burgers where it was located, and a fish restaurant on a beach that had no fish.

We had this constantly in Hat Yai Big C - 6 o’clock, the wife got home from work, maybe had just finished a bit of shopping - those times when you are too lazy to cook, so we popped into KFC only to discover no chicken. 

When we questioned the staff, it’s because they close at 9:00 pm. “it’s 6:00 pm, dinner time, when people want to eat your fried chicken” - they needed 3 hours to clean and didn’t think it was necessary to cook some chicken for the evening time. 

I think it was such a regular occourence that I contacted the head office, they passed me to the area franchise manager who said the same thing. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, recom273 said:

When we questioned the staff, it’s because they close at 9:00 pm. “it’s 6:00 pm, dinner time, when people want to eat your fried chicken” - they needed 3 hours to clean and didn’t think it was necessary to cook some chicken for the evening time. 

I think it was such a regular occourence that I contacted the head office, they passed me to the area franchise manager who said the same thing. 

Reminds me of a hotel I stayed at in Dusseldorf. They would close off half the restaurant for breakfast, crowding people into one area. When I questioned why we couldn't sit where we wanted I was told the tables had been set for lunch. At 9am. Another example of a business running it for their own convenience and not for the people they are supposed to be serving.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Zinger Burger

Coleslaw

Mashed Potatoes

and some more.

There are three KFCs near me from which I can order. I used Foodpanda. They have all three locations, and the usual KFC menu, all almost identical.

Except in one shop, I couldn't order a Zinger Burger, in the next shop I couldn't order Coleslaw, and in the last shop I couldn't order Mashed Potatoes.

Not that it was out of stock, it was just not in the menu - and I really searched for it.

Whoever setup those items in the shops likely just copied and pasted everything. What's the point of excluding some items?

KFC's treatment of chickens, followed by a cruel and heartless slaughter, is disgusting.

Criminal to eat KFC in SEA really. You will get much better fried chikky at so many stalls no need to eat that overpriced overchemicalized crap. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Foodpanda options are weird. One time I ordered a sandwich and there wasn't an option for cheese/no cheese. There was an option for cheese allergy? yes/no.

If you haven't tried the egg tarts yet at KFC you should.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

So walk there. 

Always on a thread about delivery there is some bright spark who always misses the point and suggests... 

"walk there"....   completely ignoring the whole point about the convenience of delivery...

For any reason we feel like, sometimes we don't want to walk - its just that simple !!

... and that doesn't mean people are fat overweight slobs, it just means people don't want to walk everywhere, thats it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

.. It does its job - fills a gap, isn't horrific..  plain and simple.... 

That is exactly the point.

I read a book and I saw some interviews with Rory Sutherland. 

He explains why people who are on holiday somewhere unknown go to places like Mc Donald and KFC. They don't go there because they think it's delicious. They go there because they know it, and they know it's good enough, it will fill them up. Not more, not less.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is quite possibly the lowest quality and poorest tasting friend chicken on planet earth. 

Quite the worst anywhere in the world. I'm in Philippines right now and if you think Thai KFC is shxte you ain't tried the stuff out here.

But Grab, aka Bolt in Thailand, has some truly great burgers you can order. Yeah, go on, treat yourself!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I once visited a Macdonald in Philippines that had run out of burgers!

Reminds me of the old joke about Irish restaurants closing for lunch.

Nobody can solve the ZC ok, ZM ok, CM ok, but never ZCM problem, so one more comment about the quality.

It can't be really so bad. We can be pretty sure that KFC and other fast-food venues have certain minimum standards, also in Thailand. It might not be the best food, but it won't kill you and normally you won't get sick.

I remember I once saw a food vendor early in the evening with sticks of meat at a Sukhumvit corner. At some point all of it fell down in the gutter, just next to a sewer. And what did he do? He picked it all up and put it back on his food cart. Then he wiped away the oil and the dirt and that was it. I don't think he even threw away one of those sticks. Happy eating all night long...

I am pretty sure that is something that wouldn't happen in KFC and other international fast-food places.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Angus55 said:

Criminal to eat KFC in SEA really. You will get much better fried chikky at so many stalls no need to eat that overpriced overchemicalized crap. 

Last time I bought fried chicken on the street I was violently ill. Never had that in KFC, where I'm pretty sure they abide by strict hygiene rules.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nobody can solve the ZC ok, ZM ok, CM ok, but never ZCM problem, so one more comment about the quality.

It can't be really so bad. We can be pretty sure that KFC and other fast-food venues have certain minimum standards, also in Thailand. It might not be the best food, but it won't kill you and normally you won't get sick.

I remember I once saw a food vendor early in the evening with sticks of meat at a Sukhumvit corner. At some point all of it fell down in the gutter, just next to a sewer. And what did he do? He picked it all up and put it back on his food cart. Then he wiped away the oil and the dirt and that was it. I don't think he even threw away one of those sticks. Happy eating all night long...

I am pretty sure that is something that wouldn't happen in KFC and other international fast-food places.

I wouldn't be so sure. I've never been in a fast food kitchen, but a pound note to a pinch of shxt says they're horrid. You look at the glossy pics of big fat burgers and nicely rounded buns (yea, nicely rounded buns, I say) and think yeah I'll have some of that for 95 THB or whatever and you end up with 2 soggy slices of white shxte "bun" and a piece of something in between that could be dog, could be cat, could be anything. All smeared with sweet mayo from a massive dispenser that squirts it out with a slurp and a burp. Yeah, slurp and burp sums it up for me.

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Last time I bought fried chicken on the street I was violently ill. Never had that in KFC, where I'm pretty sure they abide by strict hygiene rules.

Let's see. Today's Tuesday. So your birthday was sometime over the weekend? Just kidding. But I see no reason to assume what you're suggesting to be true.

Edited by bradiston

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Zinger Burger

Coleslaw

Mashed Potatoes

and some more.

He he, order from All 3  at the same Time Then you will get what you want  🙏

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bradiston said:
19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Let's see. Today's Tuesday. So your birthday was sometime over the weekend? Just kidding. But I see no reason to assume what you're suggesting to be true.

Edited 8 minutes ago by bradiston

I have a witness, but see no reason to provide you with any further details. Why should I care if you believe me or not.

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, I could do that.

But they have online shops, and they deliver.

But only ZC or ZM or CM, never ZCM.

Can I politely ask if you are a lard-bucket?

You do realise that the only healthy part of KFC is the chicken meat (and even that is debatable).  The tasty fatty chicken skin on the outside will gradually clog up your arteries and you will no doubt die in agony as your heart gives out trying to pump blood through your narrowed blood vessels....

Just saying 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1