KFC online order: ZC ok, ZM ok, CM ok, but never ZCM. Why?

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is quite possibly the lowest quality and poorest tasting friend chicken on planet earth. 

BTW I saw a US news program stating that the top 15 fast food shops in the US are hurting big time. The reason given is that since the COVID pandemic stopped, with inflation zooming, all the fast food shops with KFC being in the top 3 but basically all that most of us could name raised their prices 10-20% and since many families are not doing that well financially, the people just aren't buying fast food but instead are eating at home.  Another news bit says grocery stores, well known department stores are facing the same thing for the same reason but even on sale days, people just aren't in a buying mood.  Then even another news station reported that car manufacturers and dealers are about to receive a bunch of unwelcome results for the rest of this year.  Some of the fast food chains have closed 4000 stores worldwide.  Included in this list of fast food places was Micky D, KFC, BK, Starbucks, Poppye's, et al.   Other chains reported closures of hundreds of branches too in not only the US but other countries too.

Just saying, we see stories of great economy but isn't widespread I guess.  And saw a bit today that the Chinese LOVE KFC big time!  But then again I recall in the not to distant past that one Chinese shop was soaking cardboard in pork oil and selling it as pork and when the govt ordered them closed, customers complained because the price was so cheap!  take care, bon appetit!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Angus55 said:

Criminal to eat KFC in SEA really. You will get much better fried chikky at so many stalls no need to eat that overpriced overchemicalized crap. 

Sander burger with added coleslaw and some mash tatter N gravy sure is good though.

Not found a "stall" that comes even close.

27 minutes ago, Presnock said:

BTW I saw a US news program stating that the top 15 fast food shops in the US are hurting big time. The reason given is that since the COVID pandemic stopped, with inflation zooming, all the fast food shops with KFC being in the top 3 but basically all that most of us could name raised their prices 10-20% and since many families are not doing that well financially, the people just aren't buying fast food but instead are eating at home.  Another news bit says grocery stores, well known department stores are facing the same thing for the same reason but even on sale days, people just aren't in a buying mood.  Then even another news station reported that car manufacturers and dealers are about to receive a bunch of unwelcome results for the rest of this year.  Some of the fast food chains have closed 4000 stores worldwide.  Included in this list of fast food places was Micky D, KFC, BK, Starbucks, Poppye's, et al.   Other chains reported closures of hundreds of branches too in not only the US but other countries too.

Just saying, we see stories of great economy but isn't widespread I guess.  And saw a bit today that the Chinese LOVE KFC big time!  But then again I recall in the not to distant past that one Chinese shop was soaking cardboard in pork oil and selling it as pork and when the govt ordered them closed, customers complained because the price was so cheap!  take care, bon appetit!

I think they're raised their prices closer to 70 or 80%. It was historic gouging. There are many people who are saying $35 for fast food for two, I don't think so we're just going to go to a nice diner. Or eat at home. 

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Quite the worst anywhere in the world. I'm in Philippines right now and if you think Thai KFC is shxte you ain't tried the stuff out here.

But Grab, aka Bolt in Thailand, has some truly great burgers you can order. Yeah, go on, treat yourself!

Correct. As I stated the food sucks. The only other country I can think of with worse food, is Cuba. Granted, if you are willing to spend the money, you can find good food. But, it is not the general rule, as it is here. Also, the access to fresh fruits and vegetables is pathetic compared to Thailand. Very low quality, and often not fresh. Thailand is a paradise by comparison, when it comes to all things related to food. So much good food here, and the QPR is off the charts. 

Absolutely no way would I even consider eating substandard food, especially at those prices - and Mickey D's actually said they not only had to increase their prices because of the Calf new 20 USD for their workers law but also laid off a bunch of folks.  

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Last time I bought fried chicken on the street I was violently ill. Never had that in KFC, where I'm pretty sure they abide by strict hygiene rules.

I would also call BS on that.

I have been eating fried chicken from street stalls in SEA for over 40 years now and have never once been sick from it. Maybe you have a western pampered belly.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have a witness, but see no reason to provide you with any further details. Why should I care if you believe me or not.

A witness to what? A hygienic kitchen?

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have written here that I was ill after having a piece of fried chicken from a market, and folk come on telling me I've made it up, as if it is impossible, as if no-one has ever got sick from eating something bought on the street, ever. Bizarre.

Prove it then.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have written here that I was ill after having a piece of fried chicken from a market, and folk come on telling me I've made it up, as if it is impossible, as if no-one has ever got sick from eating something bought on the street, ever. Bizarre.

News about bad food is not unusual in Thailand and looking how they "store" it and the local temperatures nobody should be surprised.

My Thai gf eats regularly Thai seafood from the market, and once in a while she still gets sick. It seems she considers that is normal.

I am not a fan of seafood, so I don't even try.

It seems some Thais don't even understand the concept of the cooling chain.

I know a shop where the main fridge didn't work for about a week. They kept the milk and many other products in that damaged fridge for a long time with room temperature. Then, maybe a week later, the compressor was fixed, and they just continued selling everything.

Like: The use before date on that milk is tomorrow, and it's cold, it's fine, don't worry.

And unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the exception.

These days cashiers may not have to enter many numbers because there is a key for most of the items.  Maybe they can't sell it when there is no key for it.

On 6/25/2024 at 9:15 AM, Angus55 said:

Criminal to eat KFC in SEA really. You will get much better fried chikky at so many stalls no need to eat that overpriced overchemicalized crap. 

What does "overchemicalized crap" mean but, more importantly, how does it apply to KFC chicken in Thailand?

On 6/25/2024 at 11:13 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Its not though is it...    Its just some perceived prejudice against fast food making a point. 

Much in the same manner people make sweeping statements about Starbucks...   

.. not the best, but by no means the worst and does the trick when wanted... 

Hear, hear.

• Agree 1

Ok. I will bite. Kfc chickens are fed on chemical food to make them grow bigger faster...but really cant you work it out for yourself? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

Ok. I will bite. Kfc chickens are fed on chemical food to make them grow bigger faster...but really cant you work it out for yourself? 

If you're referring to me, no, I cannot work it out, that's why I asked you to clarify.  What is the "chemical food" that Thai chickens are being fed on that makes the chicken quality "crap"...perhaps you just mean food?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you're referring to me, no, I cannot work it out, that's why I asked you to clarify.  What is the "chemical food" that Thai chickens are being fed on that makes the chicken quality "crap"...perhaps you just mean food?

Of course its food but highly processed food. Possibly even giving them shots of growth hormone.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Angus55 said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Of course its food but highly processed food.  Possibly even giving them shots of growth hormone.

So how does feeding them, what you allege to be "highly processed food", make the chicken "overchemicalized crap"? 

"Possibly even giving them shots of growth hormone".

Even if that possibility was a reality, so what...how does that make the chicken "overchemicalized crap"?  

Are you really so naïve to believe that the chicken that you do eat does not get any processed food, or maybe, possibly, perhaps even a shot of something inconsequential to your well being?

On 6/24/2024 at 1:30 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, I could do that.

But they have online shops, and they deliver.

But only ZC or ZM or CM, never ZCM.

You could put in 2 orders.

On 7/2/2024 at 1:08 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

So how does feeding them, what you allege to be "highly processed food", make the chicken "overchemicalized crap"? 

"Possibly even giving them shots of growth hormone".

Even if that possibility was a reality, so what...how does that make the chicken "overchemicalized crap"?  

Are you really so naïve to believe that the chicken that you do eat does not get any processed food, or maybe, possibly, perhaps even a shot of something inconsequential to your well being?

What the heck are you on about? You seriously want to discuss drivel like that? You must be lonesome as hell buddy.