How do you deal with connotations and assumptions you're a sex tourist?

Mekmong MICK

9 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Very simple.  I only date Western women.   

Not only is it easier to have a decent conversation with them because there is no language barrier, but they are always going to be at least middle class versus a lot of Thai girls that come from very poor families.  Western women will also have many interests and knowledge of world events, they are more adventurous when it comes to food and experiences, whereas most Thai girls have zero clue about what's happening outside Thailand and many of them won't eat in restaurants if the food isn't Thai. 

Ask the next Thai girl you meet who Julian Assange is and what has happened to him in the last few days.   I doubt many will have a clue.

What a depressing thought. Sitting there in the LOS chatting to a western woman about Julian Assange. Sounds like really bad dream 🙈

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Hi

Long tan lurker first time poster.

I recently sold up my dent repair business and relocated to Hua Hin. I was hoping to meet a nice Thai girl between 18 - 20 but I find it difficult with all the disapproving stares I get from farang passers-by. How do you deal with the attention from Westerners scolding at you? 

Crazily 19+ is by-the-book legal age for sex in Thailand. The exact law has been quoted in another recent thread where a teacher got busted for lower than 17 under-age sex.

So you could get unstuck even if tinder etc classes 18 and up as adult and allowed.

It's a law that can be enforced more often against foreigners...you can potentially be opening up yourself for extortion if you part with a chick in a bad way or parents hear of it...of course it would rarely be used against Thais....

You only think these westerners are angry at you..you are projecting and signalling your fear no dount. Just don't look at them....simple.

13 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Great post omf 

well said

I remember when me and my mate Steve went to Thailand 2 months ago, we went there purely for sex, I was up front about it, I didn’t want to see any sights or anything like that, Steve and I just went for the girls, what a great time it was.. I am looking at going back early next year and staying longer next time, Steve is even more keen than myself haha 😛 

You sound like a seasoned veteran of Thailand friend. Any tips for me?

11 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

I'm not a sex tourist, I've been here 2 weeks and rapidly becoming a local

You face the same kind of issue in Angeles City. I was there looking for genuine connections with a 20 year old for my five day trip and the scowls from other expats was something else to behold

• Sad 1

Just now, Yamu said:

You face the same kind of issue in Angeles City. I was there looking for genuine connections with a 20 year old for my five day trip and the scowls from other expats was something else to behold

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles, Yamu. I'm sure there is a 20yo out there for you friend who wants to service your needs and start a genuine relationship. 

It's not easy the way expats on here jump on us for trying to find love, the looks I have been getting from farang in bars and the pile on this thread is a disgrace tbh

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

You sound like a seasoned veteran of Thailand friend. Any tips for me?

Look out for the Adam’s Apple in the neck.. if there is one there you know that is a lady boy.. stay away unless that’s what you are looking for..

ALWAYS wear a condom.. you don’t want to catch an sti which many of the locals have as they are passed around from one farang to another from

all over the globe

i have been a few times and I remember Steve caught an sti and had puss coming from his Willy when he got home and got quite sick, so be careful there..

if you are thinking of pulling a runner after doing the deed, just be prepared to fight and don’t ever go back to the same bar 

just enjoy yourself friend, have as much sex as you can, when I go I rarely go back to the same girl.. it’s a different girl every night for me haha 😛 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Three recent examples;

1) I was having a Tiger Beer at a bar when a family of 4 walked in to use the bathroom. I was at a table with 3 beautiful Thai ladies and the mother shook her head

2) I was giving my waitress a tip (she was wearing no top) and the couple who walked in asking for directions immediately left saying "this is why we should have holiday'd in New Zealand "

3) I was walking along the road near the beach bending to get a better view of a Thai lady (may have been a ladyboy upon getting closer) when a Western kid said to his Mum "Mum, I think this man has lost something. He looks like he's trying to find something he dropped". The Mum hurried her kid away and look horrified at me

seriously these are your issues.  Please come up with better stories in the future! 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

All of us with Thai women are sex tourists or sexpats.

It is very common.

Only those who brought their women from back home are not. And it is those couples who give the dirty looks. 
The women because they are intimidated by the beauty and feminity of the beautiful Thai women and the men because they are spewing they are stuck with the farang woman, whether he admits it or not.

There is only one person you need to impress. 
And that is yourself. 

A large majority of the expats here are not sexpats but husbands. Many visited here and found a wife and stayed. Assuming seems to be a popular activity by some here. You don't know anything about more than just a few other people in your life. Assuming you do is ignorance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Pattaya57 said:

Why so surprised you get funny looks. You are looking for teenagers but you posted elsewhere you are 52 and 116 Kg trying to lose some weight. On this thread you say you're 21, I guess honesty is not one of your strong points

Also, the last example above sounds like you were trying to upskirt a lady, so why wouldn't the mother hurry away

As mentioned yesterday, I was posting on behalf of a friend who didn't want to join the forum about whether swimming will help him lose weight.

I don't see a problem with having a window shop and look. In many cultures I considered flattering and flirting

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Mekmong MICK said:

As mentioned yesterday, I was posting on behalf of a friend who didn't want to join the forum about whether swimming will help him lose weight.

The last sentence was about you though

20 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

A good friend of mine went to Vietnam and his weight ballooned out to 130kg. He has since enrolled in a noodle-splashing class (lift a pool noodle above your head and crash it down for 45 mins) and has lost 15kg.

Would this be a better work out than swimming for 45mins?

I'm 52yo and 116kg so trying to tone up a bit and lose some spare weight

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, MalcolmB said:

And are having sex with the locals females.

Stayed here because of sexual relations.

it is what it is.

It's called marriage. An institution happening in all corners of the world. Many of us are still here because of children made, even if divorced.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It's called marriage. An institution happening in all corners of the world. Many of us are still here because of children made, even if divorced.

It is quite shocking to me how many of the sexpats breed with the local prostitutes to be honest. 

I am not sure how that would affect the children? Do they get teased at school, etc. Are Thai kids racist?

A bit selfish in my opinion. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

It is quite shocking to me how many of the sexpats breed with the local prostitutes to be honest. 

I am not sure how that would affect the children? Do they get teased at school, etc. Are Thai kids racist?

A bit selfish in my opinion. 

Sexpats are those that are here with no intention, at least for now, of marrying a Thai woman. Just here to have sex with Thai women one after another. Expats are those here retired. This also includes the husbands and boyfriends of one Thai woman, if they are loyal men. Some like bar girls because they are easy to get, and some end up marrying them.

Some, like myself, came to Thailand to visit and ended up marrying a local country girl, which in my case especially, didn't work out for the best besides the fact a daughter was created, and why I'm still here, at least for now until we can both leave.

Children who are half Thai are much of the time looked at with prejudice. It isn't the children's or the dad's fault but the locals ingrained attitudes towards foreigners that's been handed down to their children. Nothing to do with selfish.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, proton said:

Suppression of prostitution act 1996 states not only is prostitution and pimping illegal (at any age), but also paying a prostitute for sex and gives the penalties. Not posting it again, easy to look up

You couldn't be more wrong!  It's far more nuanced than that.