Presidential debate is over, have your opinions changed ? What was your take ?

CharlieH

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am not a fan of Trump on any level, I really dislike the guy, but I thought he performed reasonably well, even though 97% of what he said was a lie. But that is just who he is.

Unfortunately there was no fact-checking on the spot

Now there is a point.....every time someone tells a lie a buzzer/hooter should sound. In which case trump's lies would be laid bare for all to see. After all he did participate in game shows, so he would be no stranger to this and it might show the American public what a liar and conman he is, if they didn't already know.

But having said that the Republicans already DO KNOW what a liar he is........so it says everything about them!! 

• Love It 2

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Just Scarborough. The entire MSM and Democratic media complex has turned on a dime and now want Biden out. And they're all out there with the very same words. No nuance whatsoever. The Paris mob in 1789 weren't this bloodthirsty for their leader.

He destroyed our country John!

He and his useful idiots running around campuses setting up mini encampments together with multiple EO  to appease illegal border crossers 

will forever be their legacy.

methinks

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Now there is a point.....every time someone tells a lie a buzzer/hooter should sound. In which case trump's lies would be laid bare for all to see. After all he did participate in game shows, so he would be no stranger to this and it might show the American public what a liar and conman he is, if they didn't already know.

But having said that the Republicans already DO KNOW what a liar he is........so it says everything about them!! 

Name a Democrat who does not lie. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, riclag said:

He destroyed our country John!

He and his useful idiots running around campuses setting up mini encampments together with multiple EO  to appease illegal border crossers 

will forever be their legacy.

methinks

He's certainly done his share. I agree. But the other guy will turn on you, just like he did last time. I'm at the stage, where I think the country is falling apart and there's nothing anybody can do anymore. I just want my SSA deposit, my TIAA annuity, and hope neither Trump or Biden devalues the dollar anymore than they already have. There is no coming back from the past 8 years. Actually make that the past 24 years.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, TedG said:

Sorry for your loss, dude.  Go someplace and cry it out. 

I seriously see this as a kind of victory. Been saying for a year or two that Biden shouldn't run in 2024. State of the Union made me rethink but even with his better performances he has Jimmy Carter like enthusiasm from the punters. A fresh start is what was needed and it won't take long for a recalibration under a new leader with hopefully Biden being the elder statesman hero watching on. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, NORDO said:

Joe an da Ho have to go!

Even Barry , maddona , Taylor, lady gaga, the view ,Joy Ried , bobby Deneiro  and all the rest of the Wokies 

cant save him now.

methinks

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Very fine people on both sides. A lie that counts.

Trump is coming hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

He's certainly done his share. I agree. But the other guy will turn on you, just like he did last time. I'm at the stage, where I think the country is falling apart and there's nothing anybody can do anymore. I just want my SSA deposit, my TIAA annuity, and hope neither Trump or Biden devalues the dollar anymore than they already have. There is no coming back from the past 8 years. Actually make that the past 24 years.

I have a man crush (lol)for American Flag huggers John., forgive me ! I love a populist !

Bobby jr hasnt hugged a flag !

but please do support him & his VP SHANAHAN

2 hours ago, susanlea said:

So Putin invaded Norway? People are all homeless now? Don't think so. Turn off the tv, turn off the internet. Suddenly it doesn't affect you.

I posted this in another reply, 

Usa establish 36 bases in the nordic countries. In theory we let Usa invade us and ties us to follow them in good and bad times. 

If Trump becomes a president, those bases might not happen, or maybe not likely to happen. I can not predict future, but we might be better off without, still to many loose variables to know to make a sure answer. 

https://www.highnorthnews.com/en/american-forces-enter-north-free-access-36-military-bases

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

There comes a point in many discussion where you just must accept the fact that you’ve been wrong the entire time. 

Now is that time when it comes to Biden’s cognitive abilities. 

Im quoting, kamala harris, his own vice president “Biden had a slow start” 😂 

Listen folks, when a person on your own ticket basically says you ain’t got it… it’s over. Ok. This is it. The chickens have come home to roost. 

to admit it now shows the lies. tough spot to be in but i think it was meant this way to get him out. they knew but couldn't admit it. so they sacrificed him to the slaughter.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That must have been a different debate to the one I saw. When even the Democrat side on the after debate analysis on CNN thought it was a disaster for Biden it likely is.

They were all saying that top guys in the Democrat party are aghast, and wondering what to do, so it's serious.

The best comment that came out was that the election is not about Biden ( if he is still the candidate ), but about president Harris.

Right now in the US, in every Democrat institution, likely there is fevered debate going on about where they go from here, given the unmitigated disaster that Biden was. As Biden IS the candidate, they can't just slide someone else in, and it only changes if he agrees to it.

As for Trump, he was himself, brash, arrogant, lies left and right etc, but at no time did he look as if he was off in space somewhere else, he didn't look like he was going to fall over, he uttered understandable sentences, and he looked energetic, fired up and ready for business. Biden looked like an old old man that should be in a nice armchair having a cocoa and watching tv before going to bed.

Come on... Lies? CNN had a fact finding committee commenting on every fact. Mind you CNN is anti-trump. So they looked deep into his comments in the debate. Their analyses used words like mostly correct,  not fully correct or he forgot to add something or not completely accurate. Whereas Biden made some contradictory comments showing he had no clue whether he lied outright or is too old to be there or remember. 

Biden could barely walk onto the stage and he seemed doped up talking very quickly but actions were very slow. Biden also tried to take credit from Trumps presidency during the covid crisis. 

Either way, The Democrats are scared now of Biden. He failed the debate terribly and even people who sided with him. I like this comment on CNN the best. 

That was painful," Van Jones reacts to Biden's debate performance
From CNN's Aditi Sangal
CNN political commentator Van Jones, who was a special adviser to Barack Obama, said President Joe Biden’s debate performance Thursday was “painful.”

“I love Joe Biden. I worked for Joe Biden. He didn’t do well at all,” Jones said.

“That’s a good man. He loves his country. He’s doing the best that he can. But he had a test to meet tonight to restore confidence of the country and of the base. And he failed to do that,” Jones continued.

Democrats are despairing over Biden’s debate performance, with some even privately raising questions about whether he should remain the party’s nominee.

Now even CNN who hated Trump is wondering who to support because clearly Biden can not continue to serve another term. 

Even if they change who will run for the Democrats, this debate has cost the Democrats a lot of votes.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Trump lies with such ease and conviction it's scary.   He was coherent and didn't rant about low water flow or sharks vs electrocution but didn't answer direct questions even after being asked again for his answer.  My opinion of him didn't change.  Still a terrible person.  

Biden looked nearly dead.  Wasn't very coherent and said many stats wrong.  We need a new guy ASAP.  Why would Biden want to run?  Why would his wife not stop it?   

Just spitballing here......cos she's acting President? 

Occam's Razor and all that. 

#justsayin'

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

to admit it now shows the lies. tough spot to be in but i think it was meant this way to get him out. they knew but couldn't admit it. so they sacrificed him to the slaughter.

You may be right.   Not sure why they didn't find someone else 18 months ago, but now it's obvious to all in the democratic party.