Biden Discussing Future with Family at Camp David

Social Media

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess lots of people will still vote for the DEMs, anybody from the DEMs, because that is still better than Trump. But who will be in charge? Obviously not that old man with reduced brain activity. 

Who has been in charge the last 4 yrs? "Obviously not that old man with reduced brain activity". We all know he's only been in charge of a signature.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

More like, they all sat down and realized that it is near impossible to jettison Joe if he doesn't want to go. That is why the narrative has changed so dramatically in 48 hours. Just after the debate was "wow, maybe we need someone new...." and now suddenly it is "just a bad day, we have confidence".  

Plus they all saw the looming elephant in the room in the form of Kamala Harris. Either giving her the top slot or trying to remove her  are both guarantees to lose the election. Perhaps better to stay with Slim Chance Joe, because slim is at least better than none.

Most narratives asking for him to step down were from the media, concerned supporters and donors The top Democrats rejected the calls to replace on day one. The party is united for Joe Biden to continue. There really more to fear to replace Joe than just keeping him in the race. He has a good 4 years track record and he is the incumbent in this election. He still raise lots of funds post debate. CBS News/YouGov poll on Sunday morning has 55% of registered Democrats voters saying Biden should continue running. Trump didn;'t win the debate. His lies and refusing to engage in good faith debate and not answering direct question were also not good optics for the voters. I too feel that staying with Biden is better for this election. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, connda said:

The DNC made their bed with a Biden/Harris ticket in 2020.  I often accuse Thais of (rightly) being short-sighted but I personally could see the train-wreak back in 2020.  I personally have a bias toward having younger people at the helm of governance.  Geriatric Boomers have had their run and should be put out to pasture instead of holding on to power at any cost as they experience age-related declines in cognition and health - like Joe Biden who is on the cusp of ending up like Dianne Feinstein while in office.  Personally - that poses a danger to the United State's national security.  The DNC should have seen this coming and positioned themselves back in 2020 with a younger candidate for president - a Gen-X or Millennial.

But?  Now they are in a panic that was avoidable.  Make your bed, don't complain if the sheets and cover stink with age.

There are boomers and old boomers.

From Wikipedia: "The generation is often defined as people born from 1946 to 1964"

Personally, I know a couple of guys aged 60 to 70+ who have knowledge, wisdom, and can still think clearly.

For the probably most difficult job in this world someone like that is a good choice.

Obviously, there are some "younger" people like Obama, who was 48 when he became president, and he was fit for the job.

But in general, I think "younger" people just don't have the experience.

16 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Who has been in charge the last 4 yrs? "Obviously not that old man with reduced brain activity". We all know he's only been in charge of a signature.

That is certainly a good question.

I think the good news is that Biden has many experienced advisors around him who work with him since many years, sometime decades. They know each other and trust each other.

Trump, on the other hand, hires yes-men who he describes at that time as the brightest people in the world. And then, sometimes just months later, he fires them and tells us all they are losers. 

Biden and his team are a bad choice. But the currently available alternative is just so much worse. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, shdmn said:

We have a guy who has a cold, and a guy who can't stop lying if his life depended on it, tried to overthrow the country, wants to replace the entire federal workforce with yes men, and is a convicted felon.  Tough choice. [I added the emphasis]

The issue is there WAS no choice for the Dem's. Congressman Joaquin Castro shared on MSM right after the disasterous debate that, over the last two years, all business owners working with the government were told they would be blacklisted if they promoted anyone other than Biden. He has been crammed down the throats of Dem's in the same way Hillary was. They've all known Sleepy Joe was declining fast.

I am SO tired of having to choose between the lesser of two really REALLY bad choices.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is certainly a good question.

I think the good news is that Biden has many experienced advisors around him who work with him since many years, sometime decades. They know each other and trust each other.

Trump, on the other hand, hires yes-men who he describes at that time as the brightest people in the world. And then, sometimes just months later, he fires them and tells us all they are losers. 

Biden and his team are a bad choice. But the currently available alternative is just so much worse. 

This is about Biden and I think his experienced advisors are actually Obama's advisors. In fact I believe Obama is still in command along with the rest of his ilk. A good president is the one who controls the advisors. Not the other way around.

I think the US is worse off these last 4 yrs and it's weird that more people are talking about WW3 then never before.

Another 4 yrs of the controllers after Joe's signature can't be all that good.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, 300sd said:

This is about Biden and I think his experienced advisors are actually Obama's advisors. In fact I believe Obama is still in command along with the rest of his ilk. A good president is the one who controls the advisors. Not the other way around.

I think the US is worse off these last 4 yrs and it's weird that more people are talking about WW3 then never before.

The problem is the alternative... 

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, 300sd said:

True. If you look around Biden, you see a LOT of Obama's people. They were all on the media after the debate sounding out the idea of replacing Joe. If you look behind Biden there is definitely a Barack-shaped shadow.  Perhaps Michelle shaped?

One big problem with trying to swap out Michelle for Biden is that she really, really doesn't like the Bidens. For all I did not agree with Obama and many of his decisions, he and his family were scrupulously clean of any hint of wrongdoing or financial shenanigans. Michelle sees the Bidens as grifters. Perhaps an appeal to her patriotism might do the trick, but I think her default position is to stay on the sidelines. 

It will take a combined Clinton/Obama/Pelosi effort to convince Jill Biden to convince Joe to step down. Then you are left with the Kamala problem...you think SHE wants to be VP again? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Just have to wait for his decision,but this I do know I listened to what TRUMP had to say all lies the only policy was massive camps and deportations restrictions on freedoms and a lot of racism.That being said Joe certainly had a bad day I just wished he would have come out of the gate letting everyone know he was ill.

That being said.....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 300sd said:

bidens mess

I went back to California to visit the kids . I was in San Diego  , I went in to buy Fruit of the looms underwear !

All locked up behind glass .

The associate  said “its a sign of the times”. BS I said.

‘The bane of retail.’ To prevent theft, many big chains now lock up all kinds of merchandise

Security glass once locked up electronics, Sudafed and a few other items. But stores have gotten more aggressive in efforts to confront retail theft.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2024-04-25/retail-theft-locked-up-merchandise

‘The bane of retail.’ To prevent theft, many big chains now lock up all kinds of merchandise

Security glass once locked up electronics, Sudafed and a few other items. But stores have gotten more aggressive in efforts to confront retail theft.

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

If there was a Repub that could beat Trump, they'd be running him/her.

They're not like the Dem elite who tell their voters who they're not allowed to vote for.

Yes, true and thats is sad. He has a following since he was the last Republican to own the libs.

Each and every other primary participant  had potential but doesn't matter.

Only as so much baggage even a comotose has a real possibly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

If there was a Repub that could beat Trump, they'd be running him/her.

They're not like the Dem elite who tell their voters who they're not allowed to vote for.

It’s an unfortunate situation for the Rep party that Trump and MAGA are holding them back to nominate a better man. It is a curse as it also split the party. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Simply put, Joe is a typical American politician:

me first

the party second

the people a distant third.

If the Democrats do not get a hold of this, they may very well be a party to Trump's second term as president. Everyone will be watching Joe Biden through a microscope moving forward. We have to sit tight and tune in for the next chapter, "Will Joe be consumed by his vanity?"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

He wont lose.

He is going to win convincingly.

The writing is on the wall. It's 4 more years of Trump.

Just accept and deal with it.

bob.

He who counts the votes calls the election. 
Biden 2024!  Four More Years - Goooooooooooooo Brandon!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But in general, I think "younger" people just don't have the experience.

Which is why they have advisors.  JFK pretty much proved that a guy in his 40s can be solid presidential material. 
Once over 70 (like myself) I personally would prefer to see that individual relegate themselves to an advisory role in the administration.  Leader should project strength, vitality, and clear-headed decisiveness.  Even Obama did that well (and I'm not an Obama fan but he did project solid leadership skills).
Biden?  Trump?  Nope and nope.  The former projects infirmity and the latter arrogance.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, connda said:

Which is why they have advisors.  JFK pretty much proved that a guy in his 40s can be solid presidential material. 
Once over 70 (like myself) I personally would prefer to see that individual relegate themselves to an advisory role in the administration.  Leader should project strength, vitality, and clear-headed decisiveness.  Even Obama did that well (and I'm not an Obama fan but he did project solid leadership skills).
Biden?  Trump?  Nope and nope.

The advantage of age is that "old" people experienced a lot.

I remember my mother's experience when she was a child in WWII.

I also remember when the Berlin wall fell and there was this feeling that from now on everything will get better.

It's hard to describe these events to people who never experienced them.

_109360820_gettyimages-635937773.jpg.web

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

Simply put, Joe is a typical American politician:

me first

the party second

the people a distant third.

If the Democrats do not get a hold of this, they may very well be a party to Trump's second term as president. Everyone will be watching Joe Biden through a microscope moving forward. We have to sit tight and tune in for the next chapter, "Will Joe be consumed by his vanity?"

Dems be Dem 

Independents  have watched

the dems arrest, try and convict a former POTUS,on concocted charges,while top officials in the administration, hid bidens declining mental acuity , all this while bidens agenda has most voters concerned 

about the economy ,immigration and 2 wars .

I’m Pretty sure theres nothing wrong with the  legality of it yet.Politically it was described as a Def con 1 tragedy by one dem  critic ,after watching the debate.

That being said,

The rub  ,most legal minds see Trump appealing and winning after the appeal process , which will take place AFTER the election.

Despite all the dem lawfare Trump is ahead in many swing state polling  ! Swing states will determine the electoral winner !

It really doesnt matter what the dems do . Americans watched the liberal establishment make excuses for biden since he came on the scene .It was exposed debate nite!imop

Dem’s & their  media allies are complicit  ! They lost all credibility!

Some even think it showed how weak he is and emboldened ,Americas adversaries!

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The advantage of age is that "old" people experienced a lot.

I remember my mother's experience when she was a child in WWII.

I also remember when the Berlin wall fell and there was this feeling that from now on everything will get better.

It's hard to describe these events to people who never experienced them.

_109360820_gettyimages-635937773.jpg.web

imagine you are Biden and all of the experiences he has had and interesting leadership he has met. After all of that extensive travel and monarchs, dignitaries, soiritual leaders and all you have the great fortune of the brightest man you have ever met being your one and only fortunate son. Truly blessed. That exoerience certainly wasn't wasted on Joe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

The issue is there WAS no choice for the Dem's. Congressman Joaquin Castro shared on MSM right after the disasterous debate that, over the last two years, all business owners working with the government were told they would be blacklisted if they promoted anyone other than Biden. He has been crammed down the throats of Dem's in the same way Hillary was. They've all known Sleepy Joe was declining fast.

I am SO tired of having to choose between the lesser of two really REALLY bad choices.

That's terrible....deplorable.

14 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

This is from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution editorial linked:

This wasn’t a bad night; it was confirmation of the worst fears of some of Biden’s most ardent supporters — that after 36 years in the U.S. Senate, eight more as vice president and a term in the White House, age has finally caught up to him.

This moment was contemplated by Democrats and by Biden advisers when he was seeking the party’s nomination for president in 2020. There was serious and public discussion of Biden, then 77, pledging to serve only one term. That discussion acknowledged the obvious. If reelected, Biden would be 86 years old at the end of his presidency in January 2029. There is no historical precedent for this.

And now there are signs of decline, which were clear Thursday.

Cognitive ability only goes down from here. Unfortunately, they chose Kamala Harris as VP, an uninspiring person who had been polling even lower than Biden before the debate. Now some say that Black voters will be offended if she is not given the chance to run for president if Biden withdraws. It's a quandary that they should have considered before they chose her 4 years ago. Maybe Gretchen Whitmer as presidential candidate with Senator Cory Booker as VP would be a sensible ticket.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretchen_Whitmer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Booker

There is one catch. This year Booker needs to run for reelection to his Senate seat, and the other Senator from New Jersey, also a Democrat, is in serious legal trouble.

Edited by placnx