Democrats Turn on Biden's Inner Circle Post-Debate

Social Media

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

he becomes the villain the longer he stays. she gets the warchest. only she has access to it. otherwise its all inaccessible. she still can't beat trump though. being tied in any way to joe is toxic now. she isn't exactly popular either. very low approval rating. 

i have said what i believe is the only way the dems can win. call it what you want but you know i have been saying it for a while now. even before the debate. 

You don't know she can't beat Trump.

Will Trump show up to debate her if it's her? 
If not he's a chicken.

If so, as a PROSECUTER she'd eat him alive. 

Any competent coherent democrat would eat him alive in a debate.

That's why Joe has to go now.

Edited by Jingthing

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's the job of VPs to be yes people of their president.

I don't fault her for that.

It's just that she was given some assignments and didn't perform and also the ugly truth is that people just don't like her.

Outside of California, nobody knows Willie Brown.

But running against Trump, she would have the chance to become her own woman, she is capable of charismatic speeches, and she is certainly younger than both Biden and Trump!

Also, as the democratic party bench is so strong (much better choices than Harris) she'll also have the chance to pick a very appealing VP).

If Biden leaves, then she HAS to be the interim president, God help us.  

As for afterwards, the convention in August would choose a nominee. But who would dare vote against her? She has the melanin forcefield, in spite of having exactly zero African American ancestors.  But hey, you never know. Who knows what will be, unburdened by what has been?

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Amazing how you lefties immiediately throw Biden under the bus as soon as the likes of CNN tell you it's OK to do so.

The left wing media really has you guys on a string. 

Not CNN. The NY Times. 

To Serve His Country, President Biden Should Leave the Race
June 28, 2024

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

CNN also had a panel of leftists lined up to inform the liberal masses that it's OK to admit it now. 

CNN does not carry the same weight as the NYT.

But in 1948, even the NYT endorsed the Republican Dewey against then President Truman:

image.jpeg

Edited by jerrymahoney

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

CNN does not carry the same wight as the NYT.

Possibly. 

But they are both doing it so who cares? The point is that it's a co-ordinated campaign by left wing media to let the followers know that they don't have to gaslight any more. That it's OK to admit that Joe is not fit to run. And sure as clockwork the lefties like sheep are now immediately on board, admitting what everyone else knew all along.  

They have finally admitted that the emperor has no clothes. Done a complete 180. About 2 years too late. It must be a relief for them to stop having to defend the indefensible. 

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

About 2 years too late. It must be a relief for them to stop having to defend the indefensible. 

You are talking about a sitting first term President and the results of 2022 mid-terms were positive.

Still better than if all this dust-up hadn't happened until September after the convention.

Personally I have taken a lot of flack on here for saying -- particularly with Trumps criminal and civil cases -- do not underestimate this guy. No one is above the law but some are just better at jerking it around.

Edited by jerrymahoney

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

You are talking about a sitting first term President and the results of 2022 mid-terms were positive.

Still better than if all this dust-up hadn't happened until September after the convention.

Personally I have taken a lot of flack on here for saying -- particularly with Trumps criminal and civil cases -- do not underestimate this guy. No one is above the law but some are just better at jerking it around.

You may have a point. I have been thinking about the timing of this debate- why so early? Why even before both candidates are the official nominees of their respective parties?  I think it may be a vast conspiracy by the Democrats. IF Biden had done well at the debate, no loss.  All the talk of cheap fakes can continue. But if he crapped the bed, plenty of time to find a replacement. 

Imagine the debate had been in September, after the nominations and weeks ahead of the election. The Democrats would be sunk. No time to replace Biden, only have to take the loss and look to 2028. This may be a blessing in disguise for them.

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

You may have a point. I have been thinking about the timing of this debate- why so early? Why even before both candidates are the official nominees of their respective parties?  I think it may be a vast conspiracy by the Democrats. IF Biden had done well at the debate, no loss.  All the talk of cheap fakes can continue. But if he crapped the bed, plenty of time to find a replacement. 

Imagine the debate had been in September, after the nominations and weeks ahead of the election. The Democrats would be sunk. No time to replace Biden, only have to take the loss and look to 2028. This may be a blessing in disguise for them.

I tend to agree.

The way the left wing media all turned on him at the same time. Perfectly co-ordinated. How many signs have there been in the last 2 years and yet they denied all of them. Gaslit everyone. Then just one debate (which wasn't really much worse than all the other gaffs) and they all denounce him in synchronized fashion.

I think it was decided that he had to go, but they needed an event that could allow them to do a 180 while ostensibly saving face. A "watershed" moment that they could point at, which in reality was just one more example in a long series of embarrassing moments that the whole world could see. 

Trouble is, Joe is a stubborn old man with a wife who loves the lifestyle and a son who needs a pardon. He might not play ball, in which case the Dems are toast since his media backers on the left (CNN, NYT etc.) have already declared him unfit to stand and will be unable to do a 180 back to pretending he's OK again should he remain.

I think he will be gone within 2 weeks. 

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I tend to agree.

The way the left wing media all turned on him at the same time. Perfectly co-ordinated. How many signs have there been in the last 2 years and yet they denied all of them. Gaslit everyone. Then just one debate (which wasn't really much worse than all the other gaffs) and they all denounce him in synchronized fashion.

I think it was decided that he had to go, but they needed an event that could allow them to do a 180 while ostensibly saving face. A "watershed" moment that they could point at, which in reality was just one more example in a long series of embarrassing moments that the whole world could see. 

Trouble is, Joe is a stubborn old man with a wife who loves the lifestyle and a son who needs a pardon. He might not play ball, in which case the Dems are toast since his media backers on the left (CNN, NYT etc.) have already declared him unfit to stand and will be unable to do a 180 back to pretending he's OK again should he remain.

I think he will be gone within 2 weeks. 

It means the left wing media and Democrats are 100% dodgy. Laughing stock of the world.

5 minutes ago, susanlea said:

It means the left wing media and Democrats are 100% dodgy. Laughing stock of the world.

So true. RIght after the debate, they were all positively funereal. All calling for a replacement. Then last weekend, word came that Joe was staying. So they tried to peddle the lie that the debate was just "one bad night". But in the past 48 hours there have been major leaks in the dam. Some Democrats are openly calling for Joe to resign. Donors to the party are worried. So now suddenly we are back to calling for a replacement.  They are just swinging in the wind, looking for a final answer.

But yeah, the big issue is who has been actually running the country while Joe has been having his "moments". Who knew, when did they know, and why didn't they say anything? This isn't a matter of partisan politics, it is national security. And for all the BS talk on the left of "saving our democracy", what could be more important to democracy than making sure an unelected cabal of behind the scenes political operatives aren't running the country?

• Like 1

There may have been others but I remember this one from a Washington Post columnist not an Editorial:

Opinion  President Biden should not run again in 2024

By David Ignatius
Columnist

September 12, 2023 at 7:16 p.m. EDT

Joe Biden launched his candidacy for president in 2019 with the words “we are in the battle for the soul of this nation.” He was right. And though it wasn’t obvious at first to many Democrats, he was the best person to wage that fight. He was a genial but also shrewd campaigner for the restoration of what legislators call “regular order.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/12/biden-trump-election-step-aside/

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

If Biden leaves, then she HAS to be the interim president, God help us.  

As for afterwards, the convention in August would choose a nominee. But who would dare vote against her? She has the melanin forcefield, in spite of having exactly zero African American ancestors.  But hey, you never know. Who knows what will be, unburdened by what has been?

No.

If he withdraws from the nomination he is president until the end of the term.

Only if he resigns from the presidency does  Harris become president. 

Two completely separate things.

If Biden resigns and endorses Harris for the nomination likely nobody will oppose a President Harris at the convention.

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

So true. RIght after the debate, they were all positively funereal. All calling for a replacement. Then last weekend, word came that Joe was staying. So they tried to peddle the lie that the debate was just "one bad night". But in the past 48 hours there have been major leaks in the dam. Some Democrats are openly calling for Joe to resign. Donors to the party are worried. So now suddenly we are back to calling for a replacement.  They are just swinging in the wind, looking for a final answer.

But yeah, the big issue is who has been actually running the country while Joe has been having his "moments". Who knew, when did they know, and why didn't they say anything? This isn't a matter of partisan politics, it is national security. And for all the BS talk on the left of "saving our democracy", what could be more important to democracy than making sure an unelected cabal of behind the scenes political operatives aren't running the country?

I think the MIC runs the country. Military Industrial complex which is now called Deep State. Unelected powerful people. Only Trump stood up to them which is why so many hate him.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

No.

If he withdraws from the nomination he us president until the end of the term.

Only if he resigns from the presidency does  Harris become president. 

Two completely separate things.

This is true. Resigning and deciding not to run are different.  Both options are on the table, as is gutting it out and staying at nominee.  The key is what the apparatus of the Democratic party wants.

On 7/3/2024 at 2:29 PM, stoner said:

this.

we are talking about hundreds of well educated highly professional people. people who have occupied very prestigious jobs and government positions. all of them stood by and let it happen for a long time. 

if some of us bozos here on AN have been talking about it for at least a year...how did they not know ? 

Because admitting they had supported a "less than compos mentis" man for 3 years would not look good on a CV. Also, there may not be anyone else capable of winning, so no point in changing horses in mid race.

Perhaps they didn't realise just how bad he was till the debate.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The key is Joe's decision. 

And how he can bow out in a dignify way. He is still credited with defeating Trump and restoring the country. He also has pave the way for the next generation of young and talented Democrats. He has served his country well. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1