Haircuts

still kicking

So, all the Guys who still have full hair no matter what age likes to get the hair cut short? I am getting old now, but I still have a full head of hair and getting my hair cut at least once a fortnight by my wife. So, what do you do? I used to have long hair when I was younger, but I found it easiest to cut it short now. Bold head is in fashion now and a beard.

Just ask for your opinion.

• Haha 1

I get 2 or 3 cuts a year, had long hair until around 15 years ago, even had a pony tail at one stage but here in Thailand I prefer it shorter so once it keeps getting in my eyes I get it cut by my hairdresser, he actually uses scissors and does a great job.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Why does everyone say "bold"? It's "bald".

Not spelling police, just curious.

The issue is not whether spelling police are in play but many people forget that there are plenty of non-native speakers who apart from reasonable English often do not understand slang and abbreviations....including myself.

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

So, all the Guys who still have full hair no matter what age likes to get the hair cut short? I am getting old now, but I still have a full head of hair and getting my hair cut at least once a fortnight by my wife. So, what do you do? I used to have long hair when I was younger, but I found it easiest to cut it short now. Bold head is in fashion now and a beard.

This reminds me of a colleague fresh off the boat from USA who regularly visited a salon costing 900thb. Everyone at work laughed. “They are great and I get my head and shoulder rubbed too. I pay the same in USA but with no rubbing”. When he learned that for the price he can get rubbing in a lot more places, the penny dropped. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, still kicking said:

I bought myself a haircutter years ago and like the super short hairstyle as I am on a motorbike wearing a helmet nearly every day. Also it is to hot with much hair on your head! 😄

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Could be the same reason Americans say 'Color' instead of 'Colour', 'Harbor' instead of 'Harbour' and so on.   Who cares anyway ?

Nothing whatsoever to do with it, spelling variations still have the same meaning whereas "bold" and "bald" in a certain context are in fact opposites, strong detail or lacking detail.

Suggestion about non native speakers more likely.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, still kicking said:

Just had the (roughly) monthly haircut. 100 baht and I give a 20 baht tip. I have joked with the Thai barber that I should only be charged half due to only having half a head of hair. I’m still good except for the back of the head. Thought of getting a Yarmulke or Priest beanie. Wear a hat due to vanity … and would get sunburned on the balding spot.

7 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

I have a good head of hair and haven't had a haircut since December 2019. Always had long hair as a kid and longish during most of my working years. Retired in early 2020 and haven't had even a trim in over 4.5 years. Not ever planning on one either

Recent pic to my post...

PSX_20240704_042112.jpg.434c1356f1e10bba9aa1cc33939a94e0.jpg

My hair is about 4 in long. I tried very short but didn't like the look. My hair is unruly and sticks out all over the place if I don't have a little length. I also think having a bit of hair on top protects your head from the sun

62 years old (today actually) with a fine head of hair I get the missis to get the razor out and give me a number 2 cut every 5 ish weeks. It’s too damn hot to be carrying this mop and my days of being stylish hair wise have long gone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does everyone say "bold"? It's "bald".

"'Lovely to varda yer jolly old eke, Mister Horne."

"He's got bona riah, 'ent he, Jules?"

"Ooh, Mister Horne?  'Ent he bold?"

"Bald, Jules."

"Please yourself."

"Ooh, I do."