Autism in Thailand

Aforek

Hello, 

how is autism treated in Thailand ? are there specialized services ? 

I knom a litte Thai boy ( about 3 years old ) who for me has the symptoms of autism 

my sister in law told me that in her boy's school, there are people who don' t participate, don't mix  with other people, just stay apart ; does is mean that all these children  ( "normal " and "abnormal " ) stay in the same place , nobody take them as a problem ?

thanks for your answers 

It depends on the condition. Some children with autism-like behavior don’t actually have autism, and a few behavior changes from parents can go a long way. Some might need medicine, some might need help to attend regular school, and some might require special schools. Every province has at least one such special school. There are supports available that can be accessed. It might not be perfect everywhere, but they exist.

• Like 1

I was once eligible for premiums (appliances) from a Thai bank.  I didn't need anything they were offering so I asked where locally was a deserving place to donate them.  I was directed to a small school and residence center for autistic children in Phra Khanong, Bangkok, off Sukhumvit 71, Soi 26.  They were grateful for the gifts and gave me a tour.  They seemed to be trying to do a lot with very limited funds.  They said they get no governmental support.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Aforek said:

Surely very good , but surely very expensive for average Thai family

I suppose Thai government doesn't help ( financial help ) 

The services run by the Thai government will be free, as is health  care (for all Thais)

If you mean extra money given to families,  I don't know of any government that does that for having a child with autism. Having an autistic child does not change the family's budget to speak of, especially when health services are free.

Bring the child to a pediatrician.

And inform parents of this site/ organization  https://www.facebook.com/AutisticThaiFoundation?mibextid=ZbWKwL

They can advise re special schools, though 3 years is a bit young for them I think.

• Like 1