Thailand Faces Population Crisis: Minister Calls for Action

10 hours ago, webfact said:

This shift is driven by a low birth rate, averaging 500,000 births annually and an average of just one child per woman—lagging behind even Japan's figures.

Easy to fix, kill all baby boys, and import top sperm from Israel.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

image.png.234edd27319f6c24da25a434ac6c528b.png

So here is the answer.  Like it or not, we will see massive amounts of immigration from the blue countries to the the tan colored countries.  Obviously some tan countries are more desirable in the eyes of potential immigrants, but when push comes to shove, immigrants escaping from the overcrowded hell-holes will settle on the countries that they view as second rate!

The exception to your colour-coded theory of migration is Australia, which is 'green' because of the post-covid surge of migrants, currently running at over 500,000 p.a. instead of the norm of the last 20 years around 250,000 p.a. A significant number of these are tertiary students who later elect to stay and become skilled workers in a (mostly) booming economy. Australia is thus probably the only country on your map that is 'green' because of immigration rather than birthrates (which are the same low as those of other 'Western' countries).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

image.png.234edd27319f6c24da25a434ac6c528b.png

So here is the answer.  Like it or not, we will see massive amounts of immigration from the blue countries to the the tan colored countries.  Obviously some tan countries are more desirable in the eyes of potential immigrants, but when push comes to shove, immigrants escaping from the overcrowded hell-holes will settle on the countries that they view as second rate!

The exception to your colour-coded theory of migration is Australia, which is 'green' because of the post-covid surge of migrants, currently running at over 500,000 p.a. instead of the norm of the last 20 years around 250,000 p.a. A significant number of these are tertiary students who later elect to stay and become skilled workers in a (mostly) booming economy. Australia is thus probably the only country on your map that is 'green' because of immigration rather than birthrates (which are the same low as those of other 'Western' countries).

• Agree 1

Hasn't it something to do will fertility rate dropping also ? 

Well. I've just had a sperm count, and as I've only got 5 left, think I'll save 'em for a special occasion😁

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, retarius said:

No crisis. The world managed to get by with many fewer people in the past.

But there weren't a load of elderly people with no one to care for them or support them in the past.

Did you read the article?

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Follow the West's solution to the economic impact of a declining birth rate - encourage mass unchecked immigration from Africa and India.

Nothing could possibly go wrong. :coffee1:

Follow Russia's proposed New Law, Jail time if childless couples do NOT have children  !
This was proposed by a Senator in the State Duma, who is a Single male, and Childless !

9 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

A catastrophic birth rate decline has been observable worldwide over the past three years. Connect the dots.

Aliens inducing sterilization? There was an episode like that in Stargate SG-1 😉 

• Haha 2

Was listening to a demographer on the BBC a few weeks ago.

World birthrates dropped below 2 per female last year for the first time. The raw population numbers are increasing due to people living longer.

By 2050 numbers will start to decrease and then fall dramatically by 2100.

Migration will cover up population declines in some countries but places like Japan and China will see their population halve in the next fifty years.

Great for the planet but it will challenge the "Economic Growth is Good" syndrome that the world has relied upon for nearly the last two hundred years

• Agree 1

I don't necessarily agree with this statement as it over simplifies the issue.

But, somewhere I read this opinion, if you're a nation that has to increase your numbers through constant immigration, due to the existing population not being capable

(for whatever reasons), you've failed as a nation.

I stopped there as it got professional grade racist fairly quick after that.

20 hours ago, mancub said:

Well. I've just had a sperm count, and as I've only got 5 left, think I'll save 'em for a special occasion😁

I have trouble counting mine they just won't stay still long enough...............:giggle:

YwhwBB.gif.2aefabf1fe8f30779859ee7c67def0da.gif

• Haha 1

Purely unscientific but I have two Thai nieces and one Thai nephew.  All are upper-middle class, educated, and attractive.  They are all in their middle to late 30s.  None of the three are married, none have had any children, and, it seems, none are planning to ever have kids.  My Thai spouse is one of 5 children, now in their 50s and 60s, and, among the five of them, just these three were produced.   

Posted (edited)

Excellent! I feel that deciding not to have children was likely single-handedly the greatest, wisest, and most astute decision that I've made in this lifetime! I have not missed them for a nanosecond, and I never will. It's a personal choice, we all have to make these kind of decisions. 98% choose to go the conventional route and have children. For me children were never an option. And I'm infinitely thankful for that. 

The best thing that's happening to the world right now is countries like China and Japan just saying no to children. 

Children are not that special, they're not really needed for many of us, they are way over rated, and thankfully it's a choice these days and not compulsory. 

A lot of people are saying no I don't need the headaches, I don't need the nonsense, I don't need the expense, I don't need the responsibility. I chose to have a great life, I don't need kids. I did that and it was the wisest and smartest decision of this lifetime. I don't miss not having kids for a nanosecond.

If you look at the curves birth rates are falling all over the world, except in Africa, the forlorn continent. Falling in China, Thailand, Japan, etc. Some are predicting China's population to fall to 650 million within 50 years, the crisis is that bad. I don't call it a crisis. I think it's a huge  blessing. Pain will be felt, welfare systems will be hard to support, as well social security and other forms of government nanny programs, but it's the best thing that could possibly happen for the future of the planet. 

Edited by spidermike007

What you get when you have lived in Thailand for decades is always the same life story of many single Thai mothers. Many Thai teenage girls, especially in rural areas, have become pregnant. A short time later, the biological father ran away and never pay any alimony. I suspect that Thailand is very high in the international comparison of countries with such cases in percentage terms. Young mothers are left stranded without any financial security. It doesn't surprise me that many young Thai women, who experience this misery in their villages first hand, no longer have any interest in family and children.

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 7:54 PM, mancub said:

The doctor wanted me to do one of those. He gave me a jar. I tried everything,, one handed, both hands, between my legs, soaking it in warm water, I even asked the lady next door, she put it between her thighs, between her breasts. I went downtown to a couple of bars, asked for help. They tried everything they could (oh boy, are some of those girls inventive!) nothing worked.

Simply couldn't get the lid off the jar!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2024 at 7:44 AM, Gsxrnz said:

Follow the West's solution to the economic impact of a declining birth rate - encourage mass unchecked immigration from Africa and India.

Nothing could possibly go wrong. :coffee1:

Amazing how you lot just make stuff up in your heads to get frothed up about 

22 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

A catastrophic birth rate decline has been observable worldwide over the past three years. Connect the dots.

All the most vulnerable people that covid killed off were also the most virile?

I have fabulous genetics so I volunteer to help. 19-20, no more that 45 kilos, looks like Lisa are the preferences. Because of my age, several sessions will be necessary.

23 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

But there weren't a load of elderly people with no one to care for them or support them in the past.

Did you read the article?

They will soon die off, problem fixed.

• Sad 1