Can I leave the country when my extension is under consideration?

Hi,

my extension based on marriage is due to expire on 31/10/2024.

Normally when I do my extension based on marriage I am given an “Under Consideration” stamp that says to return on 29th or 30th of November.

Could I get a re-entry permit whilst under consideration and leave the country on 14/11/2024 and return on 21/11/2024?

Thanks in advance 

5 minutes ago, narkeddiver said:

Could I get a re-entry permit whilst under consideration and leave the country on 14/11/2024 and return on 21/11/2024?

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't forget your reentry permit.

14 hours ago, narkeddiver said:

What on earth makes you think he may forget it? He mentions it in his post.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

What on earth makes you think he may forget it? He mentions it in his post.

It happens.

You omitted the purpose of my post. 

"Can obtain at your immigration office or international airport." 

17 hours ago, narkeddiver said:

Hi,

Normally when I do my extension based on marriage I am given an “Under Consideration” stamp that says to return on 29th or 30th of November.

Thanks in advance 

Well yes you can, but if your IO does home visits you will have to be 'at home' during the under consideration period. just saying as my IO do home visits every year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Well yes you can, but if your IO does home visits you will have to be 'at home' during the under consideration period. just saying as my IO do home visits every year. 

You need to apply for a re-entry permit for the under consideration period anyway. That's the best time to tell them when you will be gone, so that they can schedule the home visit for when you're at home. Not really a problem. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Yes. I am doing that now. I renewed my marriage extension at the start of July and have an under consideration stamp up to 14 August (6 weeks). I had to get a new single entry return as my existing multiple entry will expire 14 July 2024 (when my marriage extension expires).

I am flying to Australia on 10 July 2024 and must return to Thailand before 14 August. I will then go to immigration to get my 12 month extension stamped into my passport. I'll also have to buy a new multi-entry.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

My home visits have always been after the extension has been issued not during the under consideration period.

And they call ahead to establish if you are there before leaving their office.

However, it's entirely possible some IOs may arbitrarily do it then in the under consideration period.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2024 at 6:57 PM, narkeddiver said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance 

Once they give you the 30 day under consideration stamp LET THEM KNOW you have to leave the country  (in case they want to schedule a home visit) and then immediately by a single re-entry permit.

That re-entry permit is only good for that 30 day under consideration stamp, but it lets you leave/come back and get stamped in for that date. 

You'll be fine 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

My home visits have always been after the extension has been issued not during the under consideration period.

And they call ahead to establish if you are there before leaving their office.

However, it's entirely possible some IOs may arbitrarily do it then in the under consideration period.

Mine always do it while under consideration, seems like defeating the object to do it after, I thought that was the point, check you out Before it is issued, normally 7 days after application, and yes I get a call about 3 hrs. before. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1