Police Impersonator Assaults Woman in Pattaya Bar

webfact

As I was distracted, I read the title wrong : "Woman impersonator assaults police in Pattaya bar".  Double take, because that could work too.

Why are so many on here prepared to accept it was not a real cop, based purely on the suspicions of a bargirl, whose own account of what happened suggests that it could easily have been a genuine cop, they often go out drinking in large groups  and  if they have recently divvied up the spoils of corruption,  

How else would anybody realistically expect drunk Thai cops to behave around Thai whores?  

12 hours ago, digbeth said:

I saw the headline and immediately think of the police volunteers, especially the foreign ones who like to dress up around walking street

11 hours ago, jvs said:

Why is that?

9 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I saw his comment and immediately thought of some old geezer sitting in some decrepit bar, nursing 50 baht Chang beers every day, thinking he is better than people who volunteer their time to help people and be there to translate when necessary. 

I saw his comment, and I  thought of,  tattooed thugs with crew cuts and a uniform fetish, goose stepping up and down walking street, brown nosing around the Thai cops (who hate them) and grassing up tourists for minor littering offences.  Ex Traffic Wardens , Ex "special"constables, Ex magistrates, etc etc.  Pathetic narcissists and control freaks  who need to supplement their pensions.    To suggest that one of them was capable of even attempting to impersonate a Thai cop is laughable  

11 hours ago, john donson said:

was he in uniform or just pretending

not much meat on thai chicken, but totally inappropriate...   did a westerner not have to pay tens of thousands in damages for an ass grab ?

That was a  big ugly bad tempered dodgy farang vs a petite  Thai female doctor with a hiso internet savvy  father.    This is (in my opinion) a Thai cop vs a Thai woman who was out drinking in a bar,  there are subtle differences and he'll be paying nothing

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Was he from the FBI, Female Body Inspectors.

What film was that in?  I cant remember the name and its killing me

12 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Sure he is not a real cop, seems to fit the model?                   :stoner:

spot on , I can't understand why you got 7 laughing emojis,  some people have no idea

10 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Obviously a bar for Thais if there were no SEAL Team Six or Delta Force commandos on hand to help her. 

They were there but they didn't want to break cover 

16 hours ago, WDSmart said:

This incident is deplorable, of course, but it doesn't surprise me that it took place in a bar in Pattaya. That's the reason I've never been and will never go to Pattaya. 

So these things only happen in Pattaya then?

9 hours ago, Peabody said:
17 hours ago, WDSmart said:

That's the reason I've never been and will never go to Pattaya. 

Afraid of getting felt up by a phony cop?  🙂

Among other things, yes... :sad:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:
17 hours ago, WDSmart said:

This incident is deplorable, of course, but it doesn't surprise me that it took place in a bar in Pattaya. That's the reason I've never been and will never go to Pattaya. 

So these things only happen in Pattaya then?

I'm sure incidents like this happen everywhere, but they seem to be much, much more prevalent in Pattaya, and also in Bangkok. 

46 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I'm sure incidents like this happen everywhere, but they seem to be much, much more prevalent in Pattaya, and also in Bangkok. 

I don't agree though as a non drinker I don't go into bars, I did use to play in them back in the UK and some of these bars were not without incidents, that is despite no barfines, lady drinks etc.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What a strange sentence. Was that to check if he was of a high enough rank to carry out the assault?

What a strange comment!

• Agree 1