WISE Transfer Didn't Come Today at 2:05 as Usual

33 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Follow up-WISE said they sent money to the bank at 2:05 but the bank can take up to 2 days to put into my account.

This never happened in over 6 years I've been using WISE.

Is this a new change? Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks

Yes it happened to me the other day and it came about 24 hours after Wise said it would be in my bank. If you look at your receipt, you'll probably see Bangkok Bank as the Banking Partner for that transaction. When the banking partner is Kasikorn, it always seems to arrive instantly. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, racyrick said:

Follow up-WISE said they sent money to the bank at 2:05 but the bank can take up to 2 days to put into my account.

Did you get an SMS from Bangkok Bank?

Have you queried the Bangkok Branch or at this time of day rung the call centre?

Either one should be able to tell you if the funds were transferred or not.

You could log into your Wise account, look up transactions, and your latest transaction, then follow it to track my transfer and then details which should give you some information before calling the bank or Wise.

If the funds were transferred the the problem would most likely be with the BBK bank. If not then it is probably with Wise, Their call centre is still open until about midnight Thai time, or 6 pm BST.

If you call, Wise you will need your membership number and your account number.

BTW, it has not happened to me.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

my last transfer took 20 minutes rather than being instant. When it happens though WISE status is sending rather than sent. once it says sent, I get the bank notification.  It has happened twice now, but in each case it took less than 30 mins  

not given to conspiracy theories, but I do wonder if has anything to do with the imminent new tax laws and thai banks working on their reporting.

Edited by n00dle
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, racyrick said:

My transfer was supposed to be deposited in my Bangkok Bank account today at 2:05 like always, but the transfer was not deposited today so far at 2:50.

Anybody else have this problem?

Yes, same here today. Very unusual in my experience. Transferring from Oz NAB to Wise yesterday went thru instantly. Wise to BKKBk went at usual time around 0930 here this morning. usually at BKKBk at 1402.

Still no sign as at now 1710.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

@racyrick How did it go. Did your transfer arrive?

No. It looks like many people have the same issue.

As I said earlier, WISE transfer details said it was sent to BKK at 2:13pm and it could take up to 48 hours for the bank to deposit to my account.

First time in over 6 years of monthly transfers this has happened.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, racyrick said:

No. It looks like many people have the same issue.

As I said earlier, WISE transfer details said it was sent to BKK at 2:13pm and it could take up to 48 hours for the bank to deposit to my account.

First time in over 6 years of monthly transfers this has happened.

Yeah, I was surprised to hear that too. Never happened to me before, but maybe 1-2 hours delay some times. Hope it turns out well anyway. Sad, to not get the money in time, though.

I guess it's more a problem of the Banks here in Thailand then a problem of Wise, my latest SWIFT Transfer was also a day late. Never happened before.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, racyrick said:

As I said earlier, WISE transfer details said it was sent to BKK at 2:13pm

I was also told this when I did a transfer last week. Looks like Wise are now, for some mysterious reason, delaying THB transfers to BKKB until a few minutes after BKKB's daily 14:00 account crediting routine. However my transfer was duly credited to my account at 14:01 the following day, so I'm sure that yours will likewise be duly credited to your account around 14:00 tomorrow (Wednesday).

I subsequently initiated a token transfer to check whether my latest experience was a one-off, but it would appear that it is not. However an extra 24-hour wait for a Wise transfer to be completed is really no big deal for me personally.

Edited by OJAS

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, OJAS said:

I was also told this when I did a transfer last week. Looks like Wise are now, for some mysterious reason, delaying THB transfers to BKKB until a few minutes after BKKB's daily 14:00 account crediting routine. However my transfer was duly credited to my account at 14:01 the following day, so I'm sure that yours will likewise be duly credited to your account around 14:00 tomorrow (Wednesday).

I subsequently initiated a token transfer to check whether my latest experience was a one-off, but it would appear that it is not. However an extra 24-hour wait for a Wise transfer to be completed is really no big deal for me personally.

It's no big deal for me either because I don't wait till the last minute to transfer money. As long as it gets there and I don't have to go through the hassle of going to the bank having it traced trying to figure out where it went then I'm okay. I think wise should probably stop putting a a Time on when the money should be delivered to you but rather just say within 48 hours you're transfer should be complete. I think that would make the people that worry the most worry less.

Edited by hereforgood
  • Agree 2

I had the same experience on Monday, message from Wise at 10am saying we paid out your THB. Checked just after 2pm and not there as was the case with a few checks later on. I went onto tracking my transfer and then timed at 2:20pm a message saying transfer successfully sent to your bank. It arrived at 2pm on Tuesday and like many others I’ve never had it happen like this before either. 

Idk why people can’t figure out they hold onto your money on purpose. Look, if your business if transferring money, at any given time you have access to a <deleted> load of money. What can these crooks do when they have money? They make money with it! This so isn’t rocket science. These 2-10 day transfer times are all by design. It’s not slow or an accident. They designed it that way so they could take advantage of you

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/9/2024 at 3:32 PM, Ohyesuare said:

Yes it happened to me the other day and it came about 24 hours after Wise said it would be in my bank. If you look at your receipt, you'll probably see Bangkok Bank as the Banking Partner for that transaction. When the banking partner is Kasikorn, it always seems to arrive instantly. 

The money can arrive in the morning but BBK doesn't book it on to your account until 3 pm.

13 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The money can arrive in the morning but BBK doesn't book it on to your account until 3 pm.

I just sent some money to BBK, wise says they took 12 seconds to send it to my account. I'll go at 3 pm.

On 7/9/2024 at 3:56 AM, racyrick said:

Hit the search function here

15 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The speed of transfer is also dependant on the amount being sent,

send a few thousand and you get virtually instant transfers 

send over a couple of hundred thousand and it will take days

Right. They need to make money with your money before they can give it back to you. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

There's been quite a few negative threads about WISE in the last few weeks. 

I have noticed their app has updated about 4 times in the last few weeks. 

Not sure what's going on with WISE, whether it's a software issue or something more.  I do hope they get it sorted out and regain their reliability. 

• Like 1

I frequently receive Wise payments. If there is a delay, which has happened a few times in the past few weeks, it is either a new sender or an previous sender who has missed a security detail when starting the transfer.

I guess 95% of transfers still arrive before I get the email from Wise or the sender.

I received an email from Wise yesterday that they lowered their fees again on some destinations, but I couldn't be bothered to read it