Dashcam Footage Captures Motorcycle Cutting Off Car, Resulting in Fatal Collision

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A car dashcam captured a motorcyclist cutting off a car in Pattaya before being hit and killed early on July 9th, 2024.

At 5:06 AM yesterday, the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Rescue Foundation received a report of a road accident involving a car and a motorcycle. The incident occurred on the Nongprue Railway Road in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Rescuers immediately responded to the scene.

There, rescuers found a red Toyota Altis sedan, with its front badly damaged. The driver, Mr. Danai Kraiwan, 24, was uninjured. Nearby, a yellow Honda Click 125i motorcycle was also found damaged. On the road, rescuers discovered the body of a man with no identification documents.

The man was severely injured and received initial first aid from rescuers. However, he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-07-10

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Pattaya — A car dashcam captured a motorcyclist cutting off a car in Pattaya before being hit and killed

Where is the photo from the dashcam?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect the police have it.

Beginning to sound like a dashcam is an absolute necessity these days.

Front and back.

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Front and back.

And side.  A Sattahip cop decided I was guilty of a traffic offence whilst waiting to turn right at a U-turn when two tearaways ran into me at 90kph.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

The bike did not 'cut off' the car - see at 0.15 on the video

Those (Stop Signs) are ignored here in Thailand, it appears only a suggestion to Thai motorist. We have two locations here near my house, one is even a 4-way stop, nobody stops in any direction. I have personally witnessed police doing the same, I believe I still have video of one doing it on a motorcycle, this place is like living in an insane asylum!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That looks like the railway bypass road where quite unbelievably traffic

cutting across east-west have priority,   there are poorly maintained stop lines on the road  but as we see in the video  it's a very dangerous road  there needs to be much more signage highly visible as to who has priority perhaps traffic lights, I avoid this road  not just because of the danger  but because the road surface is really bumpy and there are often mega snarl-ups at each intersection  precisely because no one gives way as no one know who has priority and often they don't care anyway....me first!

the video shows the car driver had about 1.5 seconds  from the motorbike becoming visible  till impact   so no time to even react.

R.I.P to the unknown motorcyclist     they really need to sort that road out.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, johng said:

That looks like the railway bypass road where quite unbelievably traffic

cutting across east-west have priority,   there are poorly maintained stop lines on the road  but as we see in the video  it's a very dangerous road  there needs to be much more signage highly visible as to who has priority perhaps traffic lights, I avoid this road  not just because of the danger  but because the road surface is really bumpy and there are often mega snarl-ups at each intersection  precisely because no one gives way as no one know who has priority and often they don't care anyway....me first!

the video shows the car driver had about 1.5 seconds  from the motorbike becoming visible  till impact   so no time to even react.

R.I.P to the unknown motorcyclist     they really need to sort that road out.  

This is a good place for one of those 3 foot wide stop signs, and probably flashing red light above.

• Agree 1

Neither yielded at the cross-roads…

Neither showed any intention to yield.

I wonder who had right of way… 

Regardless of right of way, the deceased showed no regard whatsoever for his own welfare with the obvious consequences.

Was the dash-cam car going too quickly for the visibility ? Or is that just a result of the camera field of view ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

And side.  A Sattahip cop decided I was guilty of a traffic offence whilst waiting to turn right at a U-turn when two tearaways ran into me at 90kph.

If not your fault don’t accept the findings of a lowly police-man at the scene - they are not adequately trained & will make their decision based on emotion & bias - the path of least resistance.

You gave in too easily in accepting fault - especially if you have cam footage which shows you were stationary in a legal u-turn lane. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Neither yielded at the cross-roads…

Neither showed any intention to yield.

I wonder who had right of way… 

Regardless of right of way, the deceased showed no regard whatsoever for his own welfare with the obvious consequences.

Was the dash-cam car going too quickly for the visibility ? Or is that just a result of the camera field of view ? 

You should see the 4-way stop near my house, Bond St and Soi C12, here in Muang Thong Thani. The people driving down Bond St are doing about 50kph+ through the stop signs in both directions, not even a hint of slowing down, let alone entertain stopping. I wish the local government would install a traffic camera and issue citations, they would make millions of baht in the first day alone. These are stops sings with stop-lines on the road, one of which is before a Zebra-Crossing, good luck crossing!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If not your fault don’t accept the findings of a lowly police-man at the scene - they are not adequately trained & will make their decision based on emotion & bias - the path of least resistance.

You gave in too easily in accepting fault - especially if you have cam footage which shows you were stationary in a legal u-turn lane. 

Yup, I have had to go directly to the police station 3 times now, but with video.....it's easy to prove who was wrong. My wife just got hit by a city bus, the driver refused to accept responsibility for cutting her off, he drove across all 3 lanes of traffic to hit her in the fast lane, the police officer took one look at the video and told the bus driver he could go to court if he wanted to, but he would surely lose.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

car dashcam captured a motorcyclist cutting off a car

The incident occurred on the Nongprue Railway road 

the body of a man 

I heard today that the CEO, Neils Colov from Pattaya People, his youngest son died riding his motorbike on the railway road yesterday. 

From the video the bike was going too fast, should have slowed down.

He was tavelling east/west, so the bike had right of way. 

When I'm going through that intersection, everyone has right of way. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A car dashcam captured a motorcyclist cutting off a car in Pattaya before being hit and killed early on July 9th, 2024.

At 5:06 AM yesterday, the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Rescue Foundation received a report of a road accident involving a car and a motorcycle. The incident occurred on the Nongprue Railway Road in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Rescuers immediately responded to the scene.

There, rescuers found a red Toyota Altis sedan, with its front badly damaged. The driver, Mr. Danai Kraiwan, 24, was uninjured. Nearby, a yellow Honda Click 125i motorcycle was also found damaged. On the road, rescuers discovered the body of a man with no identification documents.

The man was severely injured and received initial first aid from rescuers. However, he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-07-10

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I guess this is "Lao Khao" at work. This is the reason I never drive when dark anymore. This was a scary example! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, watchcat said:

You can't watch the video?
I have the same problem with Firefox browser.
Change to Chrome and it works.

Such an accident is the nightmare that follows me.

About 200'000 km and being spared from.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, watchcat said:

Not sure why you need a photo the footage is very clear in the vid. He comes straight out of the junction. 

videoframe_15505.png.e5b05b98f652c298ec699ce50920d111.png

videoframe_15505.png.e5b05b98f652c298ec699ce50920d111.pngvideoframe_15779.png.60964295b2364fd3a6f63da3ae656a34.png

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The bike should have given way to traffic from the right. 

1) way of right is from the left (see traffic law)

2) the car is on the railway road. I drove there a couple of times and never seen that crossing traffic claims right of way. Crazy dangerous traffic in the daytime (if not clogged)

3) every motorbike rider with a gram of brain would not approach and try to cross this intersection with that speed

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Nope - the 'railway road' has to give way BUT on a bike or in a car always look and NEVER presume

So I was in error!

Yes you see a small STOP sign on the right.

By theory/law the car driver should have slowed down and stop.

So much about the theory.

I often stood there with other bikes/scooters waiting for railway road traffic to stop. Anxiously crossing with extreme care.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Beginning to sound like a dashcam is an absolute necessity these days.

Beginning to sound ?  If you have ever driven in Thailand you would know it's been a necessity for years

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The motorcyclist also was not wearing a helmet - the incident may otherwise have been survivable with recoverable injuries. 

IMO - not wearing helmet also makes the motorcyclist complicit in his own demise (as sad as that is). 

I am Thai and I want to die......:crying:

• Sad 1