Donald Trump Faces Decline in Support from Black Voters

Social Media

image.png.c792e8d845573f69c0effc8cda03364b.png

Donald Trump has received discouraging news from Black voters as support for Joe Biden among this demographic has surged in seven key battleground states. According to a new survey conducted for BlackPAC, the proportion of Black voters who would vote for Biden over Trump has increased by 15 points between February and June. Specifically, backing for Biden rose from 50 percent to 65 percent, while support for Trump declined from eight percent to seven percent.

The survey also noted a decrease in the proportion of Black voters supporting third-party candidates Jill Stein, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., and Cornel West, which fell from 17 percent to 11 percent. Additionally, the number of undecided voters dropped from 25 percent to 18 percent.

This shift comes amid calls from within Biden's own party for him to step down from the race, particularly following the first presidential debate on June 27. During the debate, the Democratic incumbent appeared to lose his train of thought several times. More recently, at the NATO summit in Washington D.C., Biden mistakenly referred to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky as "President Putin" and called Vice-President Kamala Harris "Vice-President Trump."

The survey by Brilliant Corners Research & Strategies polled 800 likely Black voters in Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin between June 23 and June 29. The poll has a margin of error of 3.46 percent. Brilliant Corners has previously served as the chief pollster for the Democratic National Committee, while BlackPAC aims to "galvanize Black voters to the polls."

The survey also found that Biden's net approval rating among Black voters in these key swing states increased from 44 points in February to 54 points in June. During this period, 74 percent of Black voters approved of his performance, while only 20 percent disapproved. Of those who watched the June 27 presidential debate, 70 percent said it made them more likely to vote for Biden, while just 20 percent said it made them less likely to do so. Another 10 percent either didn't know or declined to answer the question. Among Black voters in the swing states who didn't watch the debate, only 43 percent became more likely to back Biden, while 55 percent became less likely, with another two percent unsure.

Representatives of the 2024 Joe Biden and Donald Trump presidential campaigns were contacted for comment by Newsweek but did not respond immediately. Meanwhile, a Siena College poll conducted between June 28 and July 2 for The New York Times found that 47 percent of Black voters think Biden shouldn't be the 2024 Democratic Party nominee, while 43 percent believe he should stay in the race.

Among U.S. voters as a whole, a CBS News/YouGov poll conducted over the same period found that 69 percent don't think Biden should run, including 41 percent of Democrats. Among Black voters, the survey found that 58 percent think Biden should remain the Democratic candidate, while 42 percent want him replaced.

Credit: Newsweek 2024-07-13

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Deputy7 said:

This is totally wrong! President Trump is stronger everyday with all voters. He WILL be the next president of the USA, and he will end all these useless wars!!!

OK, you don’t want to believe it.

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Yeah, because Black folks are too dumb to get ID, at least according to Dems.

In the Real World, red states that require a special ID card for voting tend to close offices that issue the cards in predominantly black areas.

Who can say whether or not these predictions are credible ? I have no idea. Personally, I relinquished any interest in polls many years ago. Unreliable, and not worth the time and money spent on them in ny opinion.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Deputy7 said:

This is totally wrong! President Trump is stronger everyday with all voters. He WILL be the next president of the USA, and he will end all these useless wars!!!

I wouldn’t be counting on anything just yet. The handlers of Biden have an incisive death grip on retaining power, wouldn’t put nothing past them to hold on to it at any cost, nothing at all. Just take a look at their record over the last few years, I’m sure they got some set of mischievous shenanigans brewing.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, novacova said:

I wouldn’t be counting on anything just yet. The handlers of Biden have an incisive death grip on retaining power, wouldn’t put nothing past them to hold on to it at any cost, nothing at all. Just take a look at their record over the last few years, I’m sure they got some set of mischievous shenanigans brewing.

More B.S. conspiracy theory, as usual...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Tug - You are so full of BS.  It is the Party of Biden who always talk race and is the first to see race in a person.  Trump lifted many blacks when he was President.  What has the Democrat Party done for blacks since Obama?  Nothing.  Name one thing Trump or the Republican Party has done to keep blacks or any legal Americans from voting.  You can't.  You sure have all the Democrat narratives and talking points down part.  You are probably an angry person too.  Just once it would be nice to see a little truth from you.  You should be on Biden's team or working for one of the mass media in the US.  You would fit in very well.  

Well ok yup this administration does recognize people of color they are actually well represented across it.your recollection of the trump (administration) as to regards to the people of color are vastly different.I remember when the NATION rose up in protest of the George Floyd murder at the hands of the police(remember all the white faces in the crowds) trump chose to use it as a tool to divide the nation further then went and played golf occasionally egging things on through unhinged tweets.as far as restrictions on black voting he was far more prolific than that he tryed to force everyone to vote in person during a DEADLY pandemic remember?.thats what happened no more no less.you are correct in thinking about the talking points because I don’t watch fake faux news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, novacova said:

Well, why change a winning strategy?

24 minutes ago, candide said:

No conspiracy theory, excessive optimism...

Yawn. The blue maga is strong with you. 

Disclaimer. An alcoholic and a stoner walk into a bar...the bartender says what can I get you.

The stoner replies...got any i don't support Trump hats ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Who can say whether or not these predictions are credible ? I have no idea. Personally, I relinquished any interest in polls many years ago. Unreliable, and not worth the time and money spent on them in ny opinion.

Early polls have little predictive value.

Polls in October can be very reliable.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, novacova said:

Good grief, get off it already. You fell for all the bs the media spoon fed you and you relished and thrived on every bit you could gasp on with the Russian collusion joke, Jan 6, the phony trials. A total complete joke that has fashioned the minds of the naive and gullible, yet no doubt you still believe every bit of it including that silly fairy tale about Biden being quick as a whip. 

Russian collusion was real. 

Tell me about the Internet Research Agency, and why you think it wasn't real.

4 hours ago, novacova said:

All you are saying is that it's likely that the candidate who received 14 million votes during the primaries will win the nomination.

You seem to be an astute political observer 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Wow.

That was a mindless post. Were you drunk when you posted?

for the past year or so the media and left peddled the conspiracy theory that joe biden was fit for office. 

now back to my big boy stuff. 

4 hours ago, novacova said:

Good grief, get off it already. You fell for all the bs the media spoon fed you and you relished and thrived on every bit you could gasp on with the Russian collusion joke, Jan 6, the phony trials. A total complete joke that has fashioned the minds of the naive and gullible, yet no doubt you still believe every bit of it including that silly fairy tale about Biden being quick as a whip. 

And now the media conspiracy theory! 🤣

Edited by candide
  • Like 2