Alec Baldwin's Manslaughter Case Dismissed by Judge

Social Media

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

As I understand the case was dismissed because of witheld of evidence 

Im done, nothing more to add, than no matter what, there where people who had responsibillity of the gun, and the gun was not supposed to be loaded with live ammo. 

Produce a movie. Hire the armourer.

Take gun from armourer. Do not check it. Point it at the cinematographer during a break. Pull the trigger. Kill her.

Case dismissed.

I'm starting to see why narcissistic celebrities become vocal Democrat supporters/donators. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Take gun from armourer. Do not check it. Point it at the cinematographer during a break. Pull the trigger. Kill her.

Case dismissed.

I'm starting to see why narcissistic celebrities become vocal Democrat supporters/donators. 

right wings brings politics in to everything, Maga, proud boys, Q anon sees ghosts everywhere

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Exactly. It wasn't a take. The girl shot wasn't even an actress on the movie.

He picked up the gun from the person he hired without checking it, aimed it and fired it at the help. She died.

Case dismissed by the judge. 

Democrat supporter and donor. 

Deeply indebted Banana Republic ruled by a cadaver.

Sure, New Mexican sheriff's offices are known for their liberal leanings. That's why they withheld exculpatory evidence.

Your post doesn't make any logical sense at all 

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sure, New Mexican sheriff's offices are known for their liberal leanings. That's why they withheld exculpatory evidence.

Your post doesn't make any logical sense at all 

Hmmmm....

Alec Baldwin was filming his new movie "Rust" in Sante Fe, New Mexico, when the Sante Fe County Sheriff's Office said he discharged a prop gun that killed the film's cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, and injured the director, Joel Souza.

NMMap.png.94741cd8b29ad0bd8b797a211d8cf45d.png

What does all that Blue around Santa Fe mean on that CNN Map?

Here's my links:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/10/22/where-alec-baldwin-movie-rust-filmed-new-mexico-bonanza-creek/6133080001/

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/results/state/new-mexico

6 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Well, the armourer was obviously culpable through negligence; but so was Baldwin, he had a duty of care to make sure the gun was not loaded with live ammunition before pulling the trigger. However, very few people that understand how things work in the US, thought that he would ever be convicted ….. $$$$$$

He hired an armourer to make sure! You can't do everything yourself on a set. That's why you hire experts for each job on set. He was specifically told that the gun was cold! 

If you get the brakes on your car repaired by a mechanic, do you jack up the car afterwards to check yourself whether the mechanic carried out the repairs correctly? 

The more or less only job that incompetent armourer had was to make sure the guns are safe. She's the one to blame and the 18 months she got are a joke! 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brandon Lee was killed by a blank. A lead tip was in the barrel from a previous scene.

The shooting was ruled an accident due to negligence.

Why wasn't this case an accident?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, impulse said:

Hmmmm....

Alec Baldwin was filming his new movie "Rust" in Sante Fe, New Mexico, when the Sante Fe County Sheriff's Office said he discharged a prop gun that killed the film's cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, and injured the director, Joel Souza.

NMMap.png.94741cd8b29ad0bd8b797a211d8cf45d.png

What does all that Blue around Santa Fe mean on that CNN Map?

Here's my links:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/10/22/where-alec-baldwin-movie-rust-filmed-new-mexico-bonanza-creek/6133080001/

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/results/state/new-mexico

Anything about my statement about New Mexican law enforcement?

16 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Anything about my statement about New Mexican law enforcement?

Santa Fe is run by the Blues.  Not hard to imagine, so is their cop shop...

Then, there's this gem from the prosecutor:

“I appreciate his movies. I appreciated the acting he did on Saturday Night Live, and I really appreciate his politics,” she said.

She said she does not believe they let down Hutchins’ family.

“We did everything humanly possible to bring justice to Halyna and to her family and we’re proud of the work we did,” she said.

That, after her office screwed the pooch by withholding evidence.  No shame...

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/12/entertainment/alec-baldwin-trial-rust/index.html?iid=cnn_buildContentRecirc_end_recirc

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Case dismissed.

Oddly missing the actual reason why the case was dismissed.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

right wings brings politics in to everything, Maga, proud boys, Q anon sees ghosts everywhere

They want him to be guilty because of his parodies of Trump! 😉

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Wake Up1 said:

That is not the law.  

Yes it is... Negligent homicide is against the law... 

When it comes to firearms safety there are four universal safety rules crucial to follow. These rules ensure no one is injured — or worse — due to a negligent discharge. If you’re new to firearms, the National Shooting Sports Foundation recommends committing the following rules to memory:

1. Always point a firearm in a safe direction.

2. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

3. Treat every gun as if it were loaded. Keep it unloaded until you’re ready to use it.

4. Know your target and what’s around it, including beyond it.

Hang around gun people enough and you’ll hear different variations of these basic rules but, rest assured, they all mean the same thing. For example, a classic twist on rule one is “Never point your firearm at something you’re not willing to destroy.” It’s a bit more poignant for those who need help painting a mental picture.

Edited by Skipalongcassidy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

When it comes to firearms safety there are four universal safety rules crucial to follow. These rules ensure no one is injured — or worse — due to a negligent discharge. If you’re new to firearms, the National Shooting Sports Foundation recommends committing the following rules to memory:

3. Treat every gun as if it were loaded. Keep it unloaded until you’re ready to use it.

Hang around gun people enough and you’ll hear different variations of these basic rules but, rest assured, they all mean the same thing. For example, a classic twist on rule one is “Never point your firearm at something you’re not willing to destroy.” It’s a bit more poignant for those who need help painting a mental picture.

On a film set........?..........😂

Just imagine John Wick with his on-screen stuff checking guns every 5 minutes...😂

That's why they pay safety to do the job for the ACTORS....🙄

But, there will always be the hang 'em high brigade on here..........😬

The judge made the correct decision.......:clap2:

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I could accept him being found not guilty by a jury.

I would disagree but after OJ I wouldn't be shocked.

But case dismissed by the judge? Wow.

The serf got 18 months to protect the elite. Blame the low hanging fruit. Americans should refrain from criticising Thai courts from now on. Same same. Banana republics. 

Judges can apparently dismiss cases on grounds. This one was because the prosecution and the cops were incompetent or worse.

On 7/14/2024 at 5:08 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

You are not quoting the law correctly. These are suggested safety protocols based on the circumstances. 
They are not the law on Movie sets, live theater shows and other events. Ridiculous to hire an arms experts on safety and then legally require.  untrained actors to check the acting gun for safety. You may wish that is the law on movie sets with actors but it is not. The arms expert is suppose to handle gun safety and live ammunition is never suppose to be on a movie set or live stage.
Quit quoting the law when you have never practiced law as an attorney. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2024 at 3:05 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Where one is negligent has nothing to do with it... so in your mind being negligent "on a film set" is ok... where else pray tell relieves you of being negligent.

Film sets have arms experts because actors are not experts. You are not negligent to rely on an expert on movie sets. Not complicated if you ever studied the law of movie sets and live theater in law school. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2024 at 8:52 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Judges can apparently dismiss cases on grounds. This one was because the prosecution and the cops were incompetent or worse.

Yes. Weak case brought for pubs by those prosecutors seeking higher office. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, simon43 said:

The comments in this thread reassures me that I made the right decision a long time ago to stay well away from people from the USA... 🙂

Thank you. We appreciate your kindness. 🙏 please continue to stay away. 

• Love It 1

On 7/13/2024 at 8:16 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Who hid the evidence?

Case dismissed.

I neither agree, nor disagree with the dismissal. 

But I do question the judge's haste.  Seems like the question whether the evidence was even related to the Baldwin case (or not) was the question, and a rather nuanced one.  With the jury out of the room for the weekend, I'd have rather seen her ponder the issue for a few hours or days.  Instead, she opened the envelope of shells, looked at them for a few minutes, and did an immediate dismissal. 

What was her hurry?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

I neither agree, nor disagree with the dismissal. 

But I do question the judge's haste.  Seems like the question whether the evidence was even related to the Baldwin case (or not) was the question, and a rather nuanced one.  With the jury out of the room for the weekend, I'd have rather seen her ponder the issue for a few hours or days.  Instead, she opened the envelope of shells, looked at them for a few minutes, and did an immediate dismissal. 

What was her hurry?

Hiding evidence from Judges is not a good idea.

They very rightly react.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hiding evidence from Judges is not a good idea.

They very rightly react.

But it would have been prudent of her to take a deep breath and think about whether the "hidden" evidence was even related to the Baldwin trial. The prosecutor's office claimed it wasn't.

From the peanut gallery here, she looked like she got angry and went off.  With a full weekend before the jury was due back, a little quiet reflection may have been a better idea. There was nothing to stop her from making the decision later, but once she did (with prejudice), there was no going back.

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 3:58 PM, Wake Up1 said:

Completely wrong. You are allowed to rely on an armory expert who verifies the safety of the gun. He is 100 percent not guilt and was simply a target because he is rich and famous. 

You think John Wayne checked his gun every time. No way. Real bullets are not suppose to be on any movie set. And the armory expert is there for safety reasons to make sure nothing like this happens. 

While it may sound good to you that every actor must check a weapon before acting. That is not the law.  

Bs buddy. First rule of holding a gun is to know what's in it. No excuses. Should have been jailed for 10.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

17 hours ago, susanlea said:

Bs buddy. First rule of holding a gun is to know what's in it. No excuses. Should have been jailed for 10.

Maybe your first rule but the movie producers hired an expert to do that for them. Just like you hire an expert to build your house or work on your car or operate on your body. Not a difficult concept.