Trump rushed off stage after possible assassination attempt

DPat

4 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm not defending any violence.  I'm responding to a ludicrous claim that it's a proven fact that MAGAs are more dangerous.

All 3 instances of violence (4 now with the Oct7 riots) were wrong.  But Jan 6 killed a lot fewer people and did a lot less damage.  Though they did scare some people in power.  Which is why they've been hunted down 3+ years later, unlike the HRC supporters, the BLM rioter and the Hamas supporters.

Clueless. Stop reading the Daily Caller. Please.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Trump has spent all his political life stoking division and bigotry. An assassination attempt from a mentally-unbalanced person is not unexpected. A couple of commentators have expressed surprise attempts have not been made sooner.

I suppose the defenders of the Second Amendment will claim the Secret Service having guns saved Trump. But what if the gunman's shot was more accurate?

What if the gun man did not have a gun?

I know ,crazy idea right?

19 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This attack on Trump is just enough to finally push him completely over the edge into full-blown psychosis.

If you thought Trump was nutzo and irrational, and paranoid, in the past,...

Then..

Hold onto your hats, Folks!

After this attack, you are going see a completely new and even more rabidly deranged Donald, than we have ever seen before.

Trump has always been unhinged.

And now, all his screws are loose.

The hinges have fallen off Trump's door, Folks.

Trump will now become even more dangerous than he ever was before.

Trump will begin to dwell upon the fact that just one inch might have changed history.

And, he will see this as a Miracle from God, and God's, or the Universe's, Affirmation that Trump is the Savior of the World.

Trump will become even MORE Grandiose.

He will be.... Trump Times Two!

Trump will find this lost inch as a Sign that Trump has been....Chosen by God, by the Universe, to Run the World...

According to Trump!

You seen The Blues Brothers too many times mate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Right back at ya. Just repeating the misinformation from your right wing echo chamber

What did your left wing echo chamber tell you to post? 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Oh so Trump was desperate prior to this debate?  I think he was on a roll and the election was his to lose for better or worse.  Just admit this theory of yours is stupid and move on. Cheers

No, but he would be in a more serious election battle should Biden step down. And as support drains away from Biden that was increasingly likely. A decrepit Biden hands the WH to Trump. A new candidate is far more dangerous. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Trump has not exactly made himself a pin-up boy of the Secret Service.

Think of how he was making millions off playing golf with them in attendance, in an environment where it was impossible to provide protection from a long range sniper.

Then there were the events of January 6, where he tried to override the detail assigned to him, and go to the Capitol.

Or putting their lives at risk during COVID, by refusing to wear a mask.

The Secret Service are professionals. However, given Trump's behaviors, the job must be a major PITA.

They would still be doing their job to the best of their ability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You are trying to smother us with made up nonsense and you are obviously not a professional security expert.

Trump's SS team was limited - seemingly to close protection only - it is much smaller than for a sitting president and therefore far less capable than what is deployed for Biden. In this case they used the available cover of the podium until the sniper's position was known, then moved Trump once they had word that the shooter was neutralized. They had to work with local police via radio and it looks like the police killed the assassin.  

Don’t talk nonsense, and stop ignoring the valid point being made. After the SS realised there was an attempt on his life they would never let his face and chest be exposed the way it was. He would be covered completely with bodies and bundled into a van … not staged for a photo opportunity. There were many people around him, more than enough to hide him from view.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe.

I think by the time they were getting Trump off stage they had already killed the shooter.

So they weren't risking their lives at that point.

HOWEVER, I consider it the job of the secret service to protect the candidate.

I DO NOT consider it the job of the secret service to assist a politician in staging a PROPAGANDA stunt.

That's indeed what they ended up doing.

I don't really blame them.

Trump is so good at that kind of thing that it would have been impossible for them to really not play along with that stunt. 

Trump is now even more dangerous...as I am sure you realize.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Trump is now even more dangerous...as I am sure you realize.

Yes but that reminds me of what grand olde queene Quintin Crisp said about his dirty flat which he never cleaned. Once it reached the highest level of dirty it didn't get any dirtier. Trump was already the highest level of dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Don’t talk nonsense, and stop ignoring the valid point being made. After the SS realised there was an attempt on his life they would never let his face and chest be exposed the way it was. He would be covered completely with bodies and bundled into a van … not staged for a photo opportunity. There were many people around him, more than enough to hide him from view.

If you look back you can see Trump's security first push him to the podium floor and then, after more security declared it was clear, he was lifted up, bundled down the stairs and across into the van. His head was exposed only briefly when he wanted to signal to the crowd that he was OK. He should have not tried to do that but that is Trump, and his security team found out, for a second or two, how much strength he still has.

Nonsense back..

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

But it does show which way you lean. So not irrelevant.

it may indicate his political leanings but on the other hand it may not,  He has just tried to assassinate the president,    you don't think applying for a bogus membership card, maybe to create some confusion as to the  motive  is a possibility?   

Personally I don't lean either way , I'm not American

Edited by Bday Prang

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

If you look back you can see Trump's security first push him to the podium floor and then, after more security declared it was clear, he was lifted up, bundled down the stairs and across into the van. His head was exposed only briefly when he wanted to signal to the crowd that he was OK. He should have not tried to do that but that is Trump, and his security team found out, for a second or two, how much strength he still has.

Nonsense back..

Signal to the crowd he was ok? It was a political stunt that put others lives at risk. 3 times. Strength? He's a fat old man, jeez.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

it may indicate his political leanings but on the other hand it may not,  He has just tried to assassinate the president,    you don't think applying for a bogus membership card, maybe to create some confusion as to the  motive  is a possibility?   

Personally I don't lean either way , I'm not American

Not all Republicans have drank the MAGA kool-aid

• Thumbs Up 1

Too many Secret Service (SS) screw-ups on this one:

(a.) The Assassin's rooftop was not protected, while all other rooftops had SS counter-snipers in place;

(b.) The Counter Snipers could see Tommy Crooks, and they finally took him out.. after the fact;

(c.) Pre-shooting, Someone in the crowd allegedly saw Tommy Crooks and tried to warn the local law enforcement, but no reaction from LE;

Most likely, this was just "One Nutty Kid", acting alone, who almost got away with assassinating President Trump.

However, if your prefer "Deep State" conspiracy theories - -

Deep State Theory No. 1 - - Just Wound Trump - - A right-wing group staged it to promote Trump?  Or, perhaps the Deep State has become "Pro-Trump" and they staged it?  This is unlikely, because nobody is that good of a shot, only nicking President Trump's ear.

Deep State Theory No. 2 - - Kill Trump - - The Deep State staged it.  Kill Trump, and spark Civil-War-2, and encourage Biden to then invoke Martial Law.  No more elections.  Total Police State.  Giggling Harris then eventually becomes President, their latest puppet since LBJ in 1963.  This is the more likely explanation, if you prefer a "deep-state-conspiracy" versus the "one-nutty-kid" theory.

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

Signal to the crowd he was ok? It was a political stunt that put others lives at risk. 3 times. Strength? He's a fat old man, jeez.

I would say it is far more likely that he was in shock.

But you carry on with your own stunts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Just put up links. Or...bs

Hey, since you bought up links and are so desperate for links then go fetch them yourself and disprove the fact that prisons are populated with more lefties than not. I know it’s difficult for those who are spoon fed all their information from the media and have a hard time exercising mental fortitude. Sure ain’t gonna do it for no lazy slacker.

Anyhow it’s a good thing that the shooter never has to see the inside of prison dormitory.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

I would say it is far more likely that he was in shock.

But you carry on with your own stunts.

Look at the video again. He's not in shock and knows exactly what he is doing. He's a dodgy real estate agent and tv personality. Jeez.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, novacova said:

Hey, since you bought up links and are so desperate for links then go fetch them yourself and disprove the fact that prisons are populated with more lefties than not. I know it’s difficult for those who are spoon fed all their information from the media and have a hard time exercising mental fortitude. Sure ain’t gonna do it for no lazy slacker.

Anyhow it’s a good thing that the shooter never has to see the inside of prison dormitory.

Another deflection.

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2020/aug/1/survey-8000-prisoners-political-views-finds-surprising-results/

A plurality of white respondents back President Trump, undercutting claims that people in prison would overwhelmingly vote for Democrats.

Edited by Roo Island
  • Confused 1

Just now, Roo Island said:

Not all Republicans have drank the MAGA kool-aid

No idea what you are talking about,  but the shooter carrying a republican membership card does not confirm his political leanings any more than wearing a dress confirms a persons gender

Just imagine if Biden had planned it all, would you expect the assassin to carry a picture of sleepy joe in his wallet just to confirm things?

Either wake up properly or go back to sleep