Tourists Criticized for Drunken, Inappropriate Behavior in Pai

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Resort owners in Pai have expressed concerns about tourists who abuse alcohol while participating in popular rafting excursions along the Pai River.

So stop selling it to them, or check what they are carrying before getting on the raft.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Agree 1

When you are so focussed on getting tourists in and for forget they have to be "quality tourists", thing like this happens; just accept it, if you want the mass tourism over "quality"...:whistling:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Put a fence around and keep the monkeys inside. Leftover since Darwin's evolution.😵‍💫

I knew it was you, couldn't forget that face .Baboon_buttocks.jpg.577a62c0401d69882082f64ca25f98b1.jpg

• Sad 1

I am aghast that the plastic bottle at the bottom of the photo is so clearly just thrown away. Don't these quality tourists understand that someone has to pick it up and make 5 Baht selling it on? Disgraceful.

• Like 1

Shutting down a couple of large resorts will make sure we never hear of such complaints in future - I suggest they start with the one who complained the loudest.

7 hours ago, roo860 said:

I'm in Pai now, arrived last Friday for the jazz and blues festival, Friday there was a water rafting thing going on, just young people enjoying themselves. No trouble at all.

I saw you in the crowd. 👍

7 hours ago, webfact said:

foreign couple who had entered the resort premises with the intention to engage in sexual activities.

Too bad you couldn't enjoy your hankypanky at the resort. 😊

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The attraction of Pai as a gentle natural haven

I remember 20 or so years ago it was a haven for youngsters seeking a relaxing 'medicinal' retreat. How times have changed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can not believe anybody could act so low, to go into a resort for sex, and I thought all the resorts offering a 250 baht short time was for a tired driver to have a quickie (nap) 

On 7/15/2024 at 3:41 PM, biggles45 said:

I remember 20 or so years ago it was a haven for youngsters seeking a relaxing 'medicinal' retreat. How times have changed. 

Yes indeed. A well known resort for the "Hippie/Flower Power" brigade who were attracted by the "products" of the nearby "Golden Triangle" which could be smoked, ingested or injected! On my last visit several years ago , the hippies were still there but now in their 50's and 60's. I believe Pai still has this reputation. (picture below taken in 2024)

Pai, Thailand 2024 ✌️☮️ Hidden Hippie Paradise 🌈 in Northern Thailand

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information