Thai PM Strettha wishes Donald Trump speedy recovery amid assassination attempt

webfact

My greatest fear is that this assassination attempt is going to open up doors for him that were previously closed, garner additional sympathy from him that he was not getting previously, and allow him to pretend to be a sort of martyr and hero. No doubt he will milk this endlessly. 

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

Definity a boost for his ego, not even bullits works on Donald. When you believed it couldnt be worse, it got worse

And what a iconic picture with the fist up in the air, and blood on his cheeks, oh my, I fear the worst

All forgotten the riots 6. of january, Proud boys  Stand back and stand by have become a quote, meaning what? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Not saying Trump is an angel but if Biden/Democrats get in for another 4 years you can kiss USA goodbye.

Nah. America is going downhill regardless, it has been for quite some time long before Biden and Trump came along. The trajectory is simply continuing, there's absolutely nothing in Donald Trump's playbook that even hints at him being able to "make America great again", much less resuscitate the economy. If anything quite the opposite, the punitive tariffs that he's discussing could cripple the American economy, and could take the world economy down with it. 

The economic indicators are so spectacularly fake, and they're bouyed by a stock market which is over inflated due to cutbacks in customer service, stock buy backs, and all kinds of manipulation. 70 to 1 P/E? Is that sustainable?

We are about to see a huge economic correction, likely within the next year or so, regardless of who gets elected. You're giving Trump way too much credit. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We are about to see a huge economic correction

US is seeing huge economic corrections but just the opposite of your dire economic prediction.

• 'Fed (Feral Reserve) officials in June singaled they expect to cut rates once in 2024 and four additional times in 2025.' Jul. 10, 2024, https://www.cnbc.com
  • Lower interest rates would reduce borrowing costs for homes, cars and other major purchases which could help accelerate growth. (paraphrasing) PBS.org April 6, 2024
  • 'US job openings increased to a record 8.14 million in June 2024,' July 3, 2024 LinkedIn.com

TThailand can't even get 0.5% cut in 2023 and halfway into 2024. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

My greatest fear is that this assassination attempt is going to open up doors for him that were previously closed, garner additional sympathy from him that he was not getting previously, and allow him to pretend to be a sort of martyr and hero. No doubt he will milk this endlessly. 

He already is tweeting a mixture of 

1) Jesus and God are looking over him because of his specialness and the specialness of the USA that God loves more than other countries.

2) He is a hero of the American freedom despite the foot spurs, school exams and other excuses he used to get out of serving in the military.

Not too bright those Americans, they are lapping it all up.

They deserve him.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

70 to 1 P/E? Is that sustainable?

DJIA P/E ratio approx 28

S&P 500 P/E ratio approx 27

NASDAQ P/E ratio approx 33

Russel 2000 P/E ratio approx 28

From where did you pull 70

• Haha 1

I do not wish death on any one but why did the armed security shoot the assassin?

Was it because he took a shot at Trump, or was it because he missed?

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

US is seeing huge economic corrections but just the opposite of your dire economic prediction.

• 'Fed (Feral Reserve) officials in June singaled they expect to cut rates once in 2024 and four additional times in 2025.' Jul. 10, 2024, https://www.cnbc.com
  • Lower interest rates would reduce borrowing costs for homes, cars and other major purchases which could help accelerate growth. (paraphrasing) PBS.org April 6, 2024
  • 'US job openings increased to a record 8.14 million in June 2024,' July 3, 2024 LinkedIn.com

TThailand can't even get 0.5% cut in 2023 and halfway into 2024. 

Yeah, just as I was stating the official numbers look very rosy, and if you look at it on paper it's just amazing what's going on there. However every single person that I know with the exception of the top 10% are struggling, and just trying to make ends meet, as hard as they're working, as successful as they are, they're just trying to make ends meet, so break that one down for me please. 

3 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

He already is tweeting a mixture of 

1) Jesus and God are looking over him because of his specialness and the specialness of the USA that God loves more than other countries.

2) He is a hero of the American freedom despite the foot spurs, school exams and other excuses he used to get out of serving in the military.

Not too bright those Americans, they are lapping it all up.

They deserve him.

To a large extent you are right, America has gotten what they truly deserve, which is a horrific choice of two sub par candidates. 

When a nation spends 25 years gorging on reality TV, this is what you end up with. 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

To a large extent you are right, America has gotten what they truly deserve, which is a horrific choice of two sub par candidates. 

When a nation spends 25 years gorging on reality TV, this is what you end up with. 

Simple people, reality TV and YouTubers/influencers and religion.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Great Trump 2024. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

How did Strettha become prime minister ?

It appears that there was a quid pro quo between Thaksin and the army, in order to surrender his soul and his party to army influence and control. So Srettha was appointed as a convenient puppet with an $800 million smile, who would show absolutely fealty and obedience. 

On 7/15/2024 at 12:47 PM, spidermike007 said:

Keep a light on at night then.

21 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

DJIA P/E ratio approx 28

S&P 500 P/E ratio approx 27

NASDAQ P/E ratio approx 33

Russel 2000 P/E ratio approx 28

From where did you pull 70

Nowhere.

But those above are still about double the historical averages pre 2015.

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Nowhere.

But those above are still about double the historical averages pre 2015.

While fairly accurate...(2000-2015 S&P500 p/e avg approx 18x)...that wasn't the point of my rebuttal. 28x is much closer to 18x than to pulled out of rear-end fictional 70x. Our figures (yours and mine) are accurate, while 70x is total 🐂 💩

https://www.macrotrends.net/2577/sp-500-pe-ratio-price-to-earnings-chart