Trump picks J.D. Vance as running mate for VP at Republican convention

webfact

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Why?

What's to like about it? Fire competent civil workers, replace them with unqualified bootlickers. You think that will work? Like Jarred's middle east peace plan?

2 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

What's to like about it? Fire competent civil workers, replace them with unqualified bootlickers. You think that will work? Like Jarred's middle east peace plan?

Where did it say that?

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Leftist "fact-checkers" you mean. 

What do you think were Trumps most significant lies? You have no idea do you?

Let's see - " the Capitol was assaulted by a small number of people" False. It was the deadliest insurrection in America's history.

" I offered Pelosi 10,000 National Guardsmen" Lie. He sat on his hands for hours watching on TV, and wanted to go to the Capitol in support.

" During my Presidency, I had the best environmental numbers ever" Lie. He rolled back environmental protections, routinely attempted deep job cuts in the federal EPA.

" Other countries are flooding America with people they have freed from prison" Lie. No evidence whatsoever to support the claim.

" We had the greatest economy in history" Lie. Trump left the White House with fewer jobs than when he started. Clinton's economic growth was 4%, Trump's was 2.8%

I could go on, but I am not going to convince someone with a closed mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Let's see - " the Capitol was assaulted by a small number of people" False. It was the deadliest insurrection in America's history.

Your claims are false. No one was charged with, much less conceited of insurrection. 

And none of the protestors killed anyone, or carries a firearm into the Capital building.  

" I offered Pelosi 10,000 National Guardsmen" Lie. He sat on his hands for hours watching on TV, and wanted to go to the Capitol in support.

Also a false claim. It has subsequently been shown that Pelosi did decline the additional security. 

" During my Presidency, I had the best environmental numbers ever" Lie. He rolled back environmental protections, routinely attempted deep job cuts in the federal EPA.

Which has nothing to do with whether or not the environmental were the best ever or not. Do you have anything that shows the numbers were not the best ever? 

" Other countries are flooding America with people they have freed from prison" Lie. No evidence whatsoever to support the claim.

How do you know there is no evidence to support it? 

Do you think there are not a lot of criminals in the ten million illegal aliens Biden allowed to flood across the border? 

" We had the greatest economy in history" Lie. Trump left the White House with fewer jobs than when he started. Clinton's economic growth was 4%, Trump's was 2.8%

I think he was talking about pre=pandemic. but you knew that, yes?

And a great economy is not just about growth. 

I could go on, but I am not going to convince someone with a closed mind.

Please go on. 

Do you not care about any of Biden's lies? 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you not care about any of Biden's lies? 

Give it up.  You can't undo 9 years of Lefty MSM indoctrination.  No matter how disingenuous it was, they're still going to believe it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

Give it up.  You can't undo 9 years of Lefty MSM indoctrination.  No matter how disingenuous it was, they're still going to believe it.

It’s a real phenomenon well established and extensively studied in cognitive science. It’s known as the illusory of truth affect. Hearing or reading a claim, especially repeatedly, makes you more likely to think it’s true. I like to call it “propaganda”

Edited by novacova
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, novacova said:

It’s a real phenomenon well established and extensively studied in cognitive science. It’s known as the illusory of truth affect. Hearing or reading a claim, especially repeatedly, makes you more likely to think it’s true. I like to call it “propaganda”

When I'm on my monthly visits to Thailand, I love watching the YouTube montages of 10 or 20 MSM hacks all repeating the same Dem talking points, on the same day, using the exact same words. 

In the past, I used to wonder whether they all received their orders from Dem Central.  That question was laid to rest when Musk bought Twitter and the Twitter files came out.  They do...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Leftist "fact-checkers" you mean. 

What do you think were Trumps most significant lies? You have no idea do you?

There is an easily obtained list of over 50 trump lies in the debate.  1 every 90 seconds.     

As for another comment that Trump's 34 crimes were only financial.   That is true but the felon part is because he worked so hard to bury this story through financial lies to change the outcome of an election.  News of stormy surely could have changed 76,000 votes and prevented this trump chaos.    No way will this cut and dry paper case of 34 felonies be overturned on appeal!    

How long before maga folks start putting .223 holes in their upper right ear in support?  Like the ones who wear diapers. 

Oh I should add that the Dow git another record yesterday under Biden.  Anyone who says the economy was better under trump obviously doesn't like or understand economics or facts. 

Only things I agree with trump on was making all NATO countries pay their 2% with back penalties and that it was a China virus.    

Edited by Elkski

Just now, Elkski said:

There is an easily obtained list of over 50 trump lies in the debate.  1 every 90 seconds.     

But what I asked was: "What do you think were Trumps most significant lies?"

You have no idea either, do you? You just regurgitate what some leftist "fact-checker" claimed. 

Again, no mention of Biden's lies...

Just now, Elkski said:

As for another comment that Trump's 34 crimes were only financial.   That is true but the felon part is because he worked so hard to bury this story through financial lies to change the outcome of an election.  News of stormy surely could have changed 76,000 votes and prevented this trump chaos.    No way will this cut and dry paper case of 34 felonies be overturned on appeal!    

How long before maga folks start putting .223 holes in their upper right ear in support?  Like the ones who wear diapers. 

The 34 "crimes" were all for calling reimbursement for an NDA a legal expense, and he has not actually been convicted, so every time Biden calls him a convicted felon he is lying. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Oh I should add that the Dow git another record yesterday under Biden. 

Did the composite value of the Dow go up more or less than the national debt did yesterday?  This year?  (I'd ask about the whole Biden term, but most of the gains were recovering from Covid, along with all the Covid BidenBucks that were used to buy back stock instead of keeping the peons employed like they were meant to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The 34 "crimes" were all for calling reimbursement for an NDA a legal expense, and he has not actually been convicted, so every time Biden calls him a convicted felon he is lying. 

There's a lot of liars out there that better hope Trump wins.  Because if he loses, he'll have plenty of spare time and energy to sue them all.  In a Red state, like Florida.  Could double his net worth, easily.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

There's a lot of liars out there that better hope Trump wins.  Because if he loses, he'll have plenty of spare time and energy to sue them all.  In a Red state, like Florida.  Could double his net worth, easily.

That's all the trump clan can do.  Fred taught them to sue sue sue. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

In the debate, fact checkers determined Trump outscored Biden by 3 to 1 in terms of the number of lies.

thats because all the 'fact checkers' are left bias, goto any of their 'staff/about us' lists, you will see where most were/are employed. political leaning. but you wont

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frank83628 said:

no, you would just go on quoting MSM/ Dem biased media outlets and figures

IIRC another poster asked you when you were going to post a link to anything. I also recall calling you a liar on the basis of a claim you made.

You'd rather I  completely atrophy my brain cells, by tuning into liars such as Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson?

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

How good can a VP pick be when that pick is wildly celebrated in enemy capitol Moscow?

Vance is like Marjorie Taylor Greene without the Jewish space lasers baggage.

More senseless personal attacks and guilt by supposed association. It actually shows that you, Jing, are mortallly afraid of JD. And are scared witless about how he would eviscerate Harris in a debate. 

He has a genuinely touching and deeply American life story, raised by a number of powerful and influential women who shaped him into the man he is today. It resonates in a country devastated by drug overdose and absent fathers. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

How good can a VP pick be when that pick is wildly celebrated in enemy capitol Moscow?

Vance is like Marjorie Taylor Greene without the Jewish space lasers baggage.

you said it was a good pick in other threads.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Excuses and deflections. I am not going to waste any more of my time.

Right. As you often do, you make false claims you can't support, and then when you get called out for them, you run away claiming you can't waste your time. Typical. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Learn to read between the lines.

But it does not matter to you. Question: Do you get paid per word or per hour?

So, you just made it up, that's what I thought. That's all you leftists have, isn't it? 

59 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That life story actually embodies what is so wrong with American politics. It should inspire Americans to realize theirs is a land of unique opportunity.

Americans have the strongest military in the world. Surrounded by two oceans, invasion is basically impossible. Most other countries live under that threat forever.

Americans have some of the best medical facilities and life support systems. They have some of the cheapest fossil fuels in the world, thanks to the shale revolution. They also have some of the world's best arable land. They have 38 rivers longer than 500 miles, many countries have to make do with less than a dozen. America is self-sufficient in energy and food.

The toolkit of every right-wing politician in America includes the culture of complaint and grievance. It feeds on people who have destroyed themselves with their own life choices, much easier to blame someone else.

I'm sick of hearing Americans whine, like puling children.

All of what you say is true about my cousins to the south. And those are the reasons that Republicans do love their country. They value the potential and the freedom and the majesty.  But at the same time they do see it being despoiled by the whinging bratlings of the left who feel entitled to take the gains and property of those who are smarter, faster, and harder working. It will be interesting to hear and watch the Democratic convention next month.

• Haha 1