Joe Biden has COVID-19 AGAIN

He should be dropping out of the race sometime soon.  He can’t win, and everyone knows that.  I don’t think Harris could win either, so then what?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, impulse said:

The only sure thing is that Dem voters won't be making the decision.

So who is the real threat to democracy?

I'm hoping it goes to a Convention floor vote.

2 hours ago, jas007 said:

Harris?  I don’t think she has ever been in charge of much, and at this point, she’s a problem for the Democrats, I think.  

We know Biden probably hasn’t been making the important decisions, although it’s unclear who is.  Obama?  The White House staff?  Anyway, Harris is a problem because she’s clueless. If she’s ever President, she just might think she’s actually in charge. Imagine that.

I’m not sure what the process is during the Democratic convention. If Biden steps aside, what then?  Do the delegates get to chose?  

I think if Biden quits, Harris is President and finishes his term. End of story. As for who is the nominee in the November election? That gets complicated. I think if Biden quits, his delegates are all released from whatever pathetic excuse of a primary the Democrats ran. That would make their convention...interesting.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Let's wait and see how it goes when the thaw him out one more time after some down time in his cryogenic chamber. From what i gather he still wont give up. I have a lot of respect for that.

Edited by Cryingdick

On 7/18/2024 at 9:51 AM, impulse said:

The only sure thing is that Dem voters won't be making the decision.

So who is the real threat to democracy?

read one note that he is still p'o'ed about the Dem party anointing Hillary in 2016 instead of supporting him and that is why he is being so stubborn about dropping out this time.  But hopefully he will wake up one day soon and maybe they can get a better candidate that could possibly win against Trump and not the brayer.

He needs to drop out of the race. What he is doing now is purely selfish. He cannot win. And in my opinion they should not run Harris. But they likely will, and Shapiro would make a good VP candidate on the ticket. 

Anyone but Trump! 

• Agree 1

On 7/18/2024 at 9:32 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

To get Covid, or to drop out?  If you mean the latter, I disagree.  It seems pretty obvious that the likes of Pelosi and Obama have made the decision and are just deciding how to communicate it.  The real choice is do they 'anoint' Harris.

Joe could actually stop all the talk and cry with one simple statement.

I will take a cognitive test. If I fail, I will get out of the presidency and let Kamala take over, BUT if I pass, I want 100% support from EVERYBODY.

The DNC did this to themselves by not primarying Joe and allowing people like Kennedy and newsome  to debate him and run against him to testhis ability to handle a test run that they could have controlled.

They might have had a chance with Kennedy but they threw him out  Now all they have is the other gaffe machine Kamala

He is right about one thing: He is the best shot to beat TRUMP, but that is not saying much.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2024 at 7:32 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

To get Covid, or to drop out?  If you mean the latter, I disagree.  It seems pretty obvious that the likes of Pelosi and Obama have made the decision and are just deciding how to communicate it.  The real choice is do they 'anoint' Harris.

They will pull Gavin Newsom up by the short hairs is my view...

On 7/18/2024 at 7:56 AM, CHdiver said:

He needs every positive news he can get at the moment. So, well done Joe.

Amazing that he nor anyone around him was wearing a face diaper after the announcement and as he boarded AF1 in slow motion the other day

Biden Covid.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They will pull Gavin Newsom up by the short hairs is my view...

Since the Democratic leadership can now rob / control the actual delegates (and the will of the voters) it wouldn't surprise me if  they throw a Hail Mary and nominate a centrist republican that hates Trump to peel off some republican votes.  Cheney or Haley is not as far fetched as it seems.  

Edited by Expat4life66
correct spelling

12 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

The real threat? Elites of both parties who have brought us to where we are today. The most immediate threat ... Trump and his ilk.

Here's a dangerous thought.  Why don't we let the voters decide who's the threat?

To the Dem elite, that's sacrilege. Letting the voters decide...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1