Expats angry at huge concessions in latest Thai visa announcements

Sounds like easy street for the folks with limited funds and want long long stays........should keep them men in brown tight uniforms busy........

12 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

I am happy with permanent residency. Don't want Thai citizenship.   With PR, no money in the bank, no 90 days, no extensions and just a trip every 5 years to the local police station to have a new photo  put in the Alien reg book.  Also get your name in the blue house book for what its worth.

My name is in the Blue house book on a marriage extension no big deal in that.  How much did it cost you for a PR ?

• Confused 6

17 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

I am happy with permanent residency. Don't want Thai citizenship.   With PR, no money in the bank, no 90 days, no extensions and just a trip every 5 years to the local police station to have a new photo  put in the Alien reg book.  Also get your name in the blue house book for what its worth.

If you prefer PR, fair enough but I don't understand why.

It cost you 200,000 baht? 

Do you need a reentry permit when leaving the country? 

• Like 1

Well, here another annoying fact:

If I stay on a retirement visa in Thailand I would have to pay taxes.

If I go for a DTV, what I cannot because I live in Thailand, then I pay NO taxes.

☹️🥴🤮😡

• Confused 6

3 hours ago, webfact said:

American expat Dan Silverman, who holds a yearly extension based on retirement, said, “It’s just ridiculous. I have to keep 800,000 baht in a Thai bank, obtain medical insurance, face ever-changing regulations and regularly report my Thai address throughout the year, or be fined.” He added, “And for what, when you can come and go as you please with the new visas?”

So change to the new system... what's the issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My name is in the Blue house book on a marriage extension no big deal in that.  How much did it cost you for a PR ?

Why are you all confused ? My wife did it when I got my Yellow book.

• Confused 6