Dating In Thailand : On Immaturity

They may be nervous? Maybe you make them nervous and they laugh to fill the silence. No language doesn't help. Maybe they think it is akin to flirting. Or maybe you are funnier than you think. Or maybe they are much younger than you. Can't see older thai ladies being like that on a first date. Not being all silly like that. Fact is after a couple of dates they'll probably be more normal. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

They may be nervous? Maybe you make them nervous and they laugh to fill the silence. No language doesn't help. Maybe they think it is akin to flirting. Or maybe you are funnier than you think. Or maybe they are much younger than you. Can't see older thai ladies being like that on a first date. Not being all silly like that. Fact is after a couple of dates they'll probably be more normal. 

Of course they would be nervous. Especially if never dated a farang before. Giggling hides nerves.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Captain Flack said:

I have removed a number of baiting, trolling and name calling off topic posts.

@susanlea and @RSD1 take this a your final warning, stop hijacking topics with you adolescent bickering or accept some time off.

Perhaps just their way of staying on-topic. 😊

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

Of course, I'm surprised you should even ask.

So you speak Thai and it's all hunky dory? Conversations are normal and sophisticated? Or, are you still talking about childish stuff and experiencing immaturity?

Edited by JimTripper

Probability of maturity correlates with age, don't expect it from under 30 years old, better even >40 years with kids. True for men and women, and, apart from the bar girl environment,  across continents.

11 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

So you speak Thai and it's all hunky dory? Conversations are normal and sophisticated? Or, are you still talking about childish stuff and experiencing immaturity?

Well you might be correct about language.

My wife growing up in Chicago, sounds like a midwesterner and can most certainly give me a tongue lashing, often deserved I won't deny.

This girl ain't shy about showing her maturity to put this boy in his place if required!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I'm looking for a smart worldly sophisticated woman like the kind James Bond meets. They could be of any nationality or color. I'm not finding that here.

Can you see James Bond with these immature Thai ladies? Would never happen.

And how close to James Bond are you?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I'm meeting extremely immature women in Thailand when I date.

Is that the culture? Some are fun to be around but I can't imagine introducing any to my family or doing something serious.

Best I describe it is immaturity, giggling, kind of a shallowness of character or superficiality. Or, is it a language issue where nothing serious is discussed because the language is not there?

Anyone else have this problem?

how old are you and where are you meeting these 'dates'

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Klonko said:

Probability of maturity correlates with age, don't expect it from under 30 years old, better even >40 years with kids. True for men and women, and, apart from the bar girl environment,  across continents.

It could be an age gap issue.

I'm mid 50's and dating women in the upper 20's to 30's. I may be picking up more on the immaturity as I get older that I did not notice when I was of a similar age.

However, for similar people in the USA for example, they seem much more mature then Thai's of that age.

There seems to be something about the Thai's that's immature or kind of "ditsy", for lack of a better term.  I don't see it in "really old" people though.

adjective: ditsy

INFORMAL

silly or scatterbrained (typically used of a woman).

"a ditzy blonde"

35 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

how old are you and where are you meeting these 'dates'

Almost always on online dating apps. I'm mid 50's.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

There is a big difference between Thais who have studied and lived abroad versus fully local grown talent. Thai Chinese might be more mature as well on average.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It could be an age gap issue.

I'm mid 50's and dating women in the upper 20's to 30's. I may be picking up more on the immaturity as I get older that I did not notice when I was of a similar age.

However, for similar people in the USA for example, they seem much more mature then Thai's of that age.

There seems to be something about the Thai's that's immature or kind of "ditsy", for lack of a better term.  I don't see it in "really old" people though.

adjective: ditsy

INFORMAL

silly or scatterbrained (typically used of a woman).

"a ditzy blonde"

Almost always on online dating apps. I'm mid 50's.

Fish on a bicycle. You need to be in the sea.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I'm realistic about my dating prospects. I'm not concerned about the maturity level of any young ladies. I'm 65, and getting long in the tooth, so any possible dates I could get in Thailand are financial transactions, unless I was targeting women near my age. It pays to take a long hard look in the mirror sometimes or take a closeup photo. There's no need to be embarrassed about getting old - it's the circle of life, but you need to be realistic about it and ask yourself: "Why would that pretty young woman be interested in me?".

Very good point

Right now I think I'm stuck with my old Thai bird, for better or worse.

But honestly I don't know how guys do it in our twilight years.

I really couldn't be be bothered with the effort, and 'Handula' would be my default girlfriend

And seriously, don't fool yourself, jf she's young enough to be your daughter just give them your ATM PIN number and get on with it

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Many guys find themselves in the same position

Thing is I'm kinda happy being stuck with her

Some of us sorta like growing old together

We've had our kids enjoy watching the grandkids grow up.

We both left immaturity in the rear view mirror decades ago

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I understand that. After years living here however, I'm increasingly finding the immaturity a turn off and an irritation. It seems like they can't be serious (without being mad or gloomy) for want of a better description. So it's either immature shallow stuff and 'stupid happy', or the other extreme of mad no talk, etc.

The other thing I don't like that kind of goes along with the immaturity is the pinching and play slapping stuff. Can't stand that unless it's only once in awhile.

I'm even seeking non-thai's more and more and only wanting to date foreigners because the maturity level is so much better. 

Your age ballpark (eg, <30).  I agree with above but to each his own. 

The fake pinching and playing gets old quick.  If you are just out for a romp or a casual relationship then really doesn't matter much.