apartments with an oven ?

khlongtoey

is anyone aware of any apartments that have an actual electric range/oven ?    preferably near BTS/MRT, maybe even Thonburi, Chatuchak/Ari ,  Ekkamai          anywhere, years ago I met an older man said he had one, as he liked to cook.

been playing with renthub.in.th  but not finding a reliable way to find one, assuming they are not 1 in 1000? and/or worse

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

If you find an apartment/condo/house with a built-in oven, then would you not expect that you might need to pay more rent for such a well-equipped kitchen?  I would think so.

Therefore, instead of looking or a place with a built-in oven, which is also not so easy to find, then I would spend my money to buy a counter-top oven.

Also, I would NOT, again, buy a cheap one, like the Electrolux, the largest available, that I purchased.  I found that the temps were not so accurate on the one delivered to me.

Instead, I would pay more, using the money I had saved on the rent....

Later, if I needed to move, then I could easily take the oven with me to my new house....

For example....

image.png.6c9a0308a1dd5ab86a34dc4a0d56b919.png

https://edition.cnn.com/cnn-underscored/reviews/breville-joule-smart-oven-review

I really like the looks of this one, Breville.

This might not be large enough.

There are other counter-top ovens that are larger.

Just my worthless two cents...but...

I love having an oven.

Having access to an oven makes life worth living.

-----

By the way....this is the larger convection oven I have. It is the same machine, but different brand name.  So, this must be made by some OEM in China, or something.....and supplied to both Electrolux and this company...  Or, it might be made by Electrolux in Thailand.  I have no idea.  I thought it would be OK, but I had problems with it from the beginning, and had to send it back for servicing during the first two weeks.

image.png.ee0a55def46117623d89fa9868a03c3b.png

If not identical, then almost identical.

---------

If I had it to do over, I would not buy Thailand product.....or Thailand sales channel....

I would buy from some other source...if I could...Maybe China, etc....But, the price should be lower than the cost they charged me in Thailand, I think...

image.png.07a7ebc67752fb603f7395fce9b0c59d.png

image.png.4e7ec1806edde53a17e86510116c90ca.png

Import tax is ridiculous...of course.....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Most apartments have zero cooking facilities including anything that remotely could be considered a kitchen and range from 24 to 40 square meters. Most are around 25 to 30 square meters.

Obviously, you will have better luck searching out a condo but again extremely rare because I simply don't use ovens.

If an air fryer doesn't work for you then move home. It's so tired seeing people move care and put the square peg in the round hole

A built-in oven is an absolute rarity and not even worth attempting to chase down.

The only solution in reality is to purchase a small oven as the poster above has shown above

Finally, I would also imagine that an old oven is massively inefficient with its use of electricity

Edited by BobDobbs

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you find an apartment/condo/house with a built-in oven, then would you not expect that you might need to pay more rent for such a well-equipped kitchen?  I would think so.

Therefore, instead of looking or a place with a built-in oven, which is also not so easy to find, then I would spend my money to buy a counter-top oven.

Also, I would NOT, again, buy a cheap one, like the Electrolux, the largest available, that I purchased.  I found that the temps were not so accurate on the one delivered to me.

Instead, I would pay more, using the money I had saved on the rent....

Later, if I needed to move, then I could easily take the oven with me to my new house....

For example....

image.png.6c9a0308a1dd5ab86a34dc4a0d56b919.png

https://edition.cnn.com/cnn-underscored/reviews/breville-joule-smart-oven-review

I really like the looks of this one, Breville.

This might not be large enough.

There are other counter-top ovens that are larger.

Just my worthless two cents...but...

I love having an oven.

Having access to an oven makes life worth living.

-----

By the way....this is the larger convection oven I have. It is the same machine, but different brand name.  So, this must be made by some OEM in China, or something.....and supplied to both Electrolux and this company...  Or, it might be made by Electrolux in Thailand.  I have no idea.  I thought it would be OK, but I had problems with it from the beginning, and had to send it back for servicing during the first two weeks.

image.png.ee0a55def46117623d89fa9868a03c3b.png

If not identical, then almost identical.

---------

If I had it to do over, I would not buy Thailand product.....or Thailand sales channel....

I would buy from some other source...if I could...Maybe China, etc....But, the price should be lower than the cost they charged me in Thailand, I think...

image.png.07a7ebc67752fb603f7395fce9b0c59d.png

image.png.4e7ec1806edde53a17e86510116c90ca.png

Import tax is ridiculous...of course.....

GG, Can you tell us, in 6000 words or less, if that's possible, what is your favorite setting for cooking roast quail???

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, khlongtoey said:

ya makes sense, however I would like a stove with a hood and a full sized fridge and counter top space, and maybe a garbage disposal and proper sink also

Don't forget the bathtub also cinema room and maids living quarters. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

GG, Can you tell us, in 6000 words or less, if that's possible, what is your favorite setting for cooking roast quail???

All that I can tell you is that I would FAR prefer to dine with Quayle, rather than that Tossed Salad Woman!

IMHO, she is the one who should be roasted.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Most apartments have zero cooking facilities including anything that remotely could be considered a kitchen and range from 24 to 40 square meters. Most are around 25 to 30 square meters.

Obviously, you will have better luck searching out a condo but again extremely rare because I simply don't use ovens.

If an air fryer doesn't work for you then move home. It's so tired seeing people move care and put the square peg in the round hole

A built-in oven is an absolute rarity and not even worth attempting to chase down.

The only solution in reality is to purchase a small oven as the poster above has shown above

Finally, I would also imagine that an old oven is massively inefficient with its use of electricity

Iam in a 3 bed house, full euro kitchen including built in oven.

I prefer to use my air fryer for backed snacks or a lasagne etc etc.

For proper baking (sunday roast with veges) that goes outside in the the Kamado Joe.

Just buy a halogen oven. You can get one at Big C for around 1000 baht. More expensive models are available if you are so inclined.

They're small, easy to clean, and you can put them anywhere there's an electrical outlet. The temperature gauge might not be entrely accurate on the cheaper models but you can figure out the appropriate settings with a little trial and error. Importantly, the won't heat up your kitchen.

I've cooked everything from roast chicken and baked potatoes to pizza and enchiladas in them without any problem.  Also good for baking bread.

13 hours ago, khlongtoey said:

been playing with renthub.in.th  but not finding a reliable way to find one, assuming they are not 1 in 1000? and/or worse

Maybe adjust your price range filter or don't rely on only Renthub!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Iam in a 3 bed house, full euro kitchen including built in oven.

I prefer to use my air fryer for backed snacks or a lasagne etc etc.

For proper baking (sunday roast with veges) that goes outside in the the Kamado Joe.

Congratulations. Bangkok condos and especially apartments do not have ovens as anything remotely standard. You have a Euro kitchen. These are going to be Thai kitchens.

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Freestanding ovens/cookers are not a rarity in many apartments or condos - built-in ovens may be less common. but are not rare at all.  Three of the apartments I have lived in, in Sois 22, 6 and 31 have had ovens.

Still surprised. Seems where the op wishes to be as well. Anyone else reading.. this is absolute farang ghetto so odds higher.

Edited by BobDobbs

6 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

Just buy a halogen oven. You can get one at Big C for around 1000 baht. More expensive models are available if you are so inclined.

They're small, easy to clean, and you can put them anywhere there's an electrical outlet. The temperature gauge might not be entrely accurate on the cheaper models but you can figure out the appropriate settings with a little trial and error. Importantly, the won't heat up your kitchen.

I've cooked everything from roast chicken and baked potatoes to pizza and enchiladas in them without any problem.  Also good for baking bread.

Halogen ovens are annoying...all that bright light disturbing you. Better is the heated ring type.

• Sad 1

Portable ovens, like the poster above shared, work well and are not so expensive.  Assuming that you like to cook, baking expands the range of foods that you can prepare.  I have one of these ovens and I really like it.

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Halogen ovens are annoying...all that bright light disturbing you. Better is the heated ring type.

Disturbing you? I don't even notice it. The one drawback of a halogen oven is that that the haogen light bulb that does the cooking will burn out over time but I've had my current one for three years and it still works fine. I just wouldn't recommend the cheapest Chinese models.

10 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

I used these a Looooonnnnnng time ago in Taiwan.

Yes, they do work very well.

I think I will buy one at PowerBuy.

Using this, I will be able to cook two chicken breasts with less mess than the much larger Electrolux 45L counter-top oven.

And, much less stink, too.

image.png.957cef826071caa7ef3bdead237e8723.png

image.png.d52e22ec23d1ee608212f748d6844589.png

Seems to me that most of this garbage is made by OEMs....

So, one's strategy should be to just buy the cheapest crud that you can find...

And then just chuck it when it soon konks out...as inevitably....

I will.

I am through buying ANYTHING BUT the cheapest garbage I can find.

For example, this TEFAL model looks identical to the Electrolux which I paid about 7000 for, two years ago..

image.png.ae498f02b1975fb3bc2413646c8a0d26.png

As long as you got enough wattage, then what can go wrong?

Keep in mind that larger ovens really heat up a place, so that's going to be a hit to the aircon bill.  A small countertop oven is best.  I would want to get a dedicated airfryer before I get an oven.  I don't think a combined oven/airfryer is as good.  They are larger as well so I don't think you save much on counter space instead of two separate appliances.

Edited by shdmn

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I will.

For example, this TEFAL model looks identical to the Electrolux which I paid about 7000 for, two years ago..

In principle I agree with you, I did have problems with one Chinese brand. I have a Hanabishi induction cooker and a Kashiwa halogen and both have worked fine. Basically you can forget about the warranty though. More trouble than it's worth

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Using this, I will be able to cook two chicken breasts with less mess than the much larger Electrolux 45L counter-top oven.

I will.

If you like cheap: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/otto-co-708-12-i2481478781-s8744024448.html or get it from MAKRO if you want to pick one up immediately.

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I will.

If you prefer the Hanabishi: https://nocnoc.com/p/Products/Hanabishi+หม้ออบลมร้อน+รุ่น+AO-1202+ขนาด+12+ลิตร+(รับประกันสินค้า+1+ปี)+Hanabishi+รุ่น+AO-1202/10953622

Not sure of the point of your listing a 70 litre oven after suggesting that you wanted something smaller than 45 litres. Something strange going on in your brain 😊

in case for a counter top plug-in oven

other issue is the plugs and wiring, is it adequate for an oven, in older houses with poor wiring the plugs and wiring can get hot from the currents 

3 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

In principle I agree with you, I did have problems with one Chinese brand. I have a Hanabishi induction cooker and a Kashiwa halogen and both have worked fine. Basically you can forget about the warranty though. More trouble than it's worth

I might buy the NC-60301, later today....  https://www.nescooutlet.com/17266626/เตาอบ-70-ลิตร-รุ่น-nc-60301-สินค้าใหม่กล่องชำรุด

Shop around on the Internet to find a BETTER PRICE !!!

I do not expect much.

Seems that all cheap ovens are from OEM supplier in China, and basically GARBAGE compared to what's on offer at Amazon in the USA, at lower prices than... "Thailand prices for GARBAGE Goods".

Just go on the AMAZON site, and look at what is on offer !!!

However, I guess that an OVEN is considered a LUXURY item, here, and in places like Taiwan 20 years ago.

Yes...REAL LUXURY Garbage!!!!

Still, I will continue to pay garbage prices for garbage while here, which is to say, maybe,,,the rest of my natural born days.

As they say in Academia:  Garbage In, Garbage Out....   And, they can scatter my garbage ashes where ever they choose....  This world is coming to an end under the weight of all this garbage...  See you in Garbage Heaven.....too!

CHOK DI !!!!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

11 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I might buy the NC-60301, later today....  https://www.nescooutlet.com/17266626/เตาอบ-70-ลิตร-รุ่น-nc-60301-สินค้าใหม่กล่องชำรุด

Shop around on the Internet to find a BETTER PRICE !!!

I do not expect much.

Seems that all cheap ovens are from OEM supplier in China, and basically GARBAGE compared to what's on offer at Amazon in the USA, at lower prices than... "Thailand prices for GARBAGE Goods".

Just go on the AMAZON site, and look at what is on offer !!!

However, I guess that an OVEN is considered a LUXURY item, here, and in places like Taiwan 20 years ago.

Yes...REAL LUXURY Garbage!!!!

Still, I will continue to pay garbage prices for garbage while here, which is to say, maybe,,,the rest of my natural born days.

As they say in Academia:  Garbage In, Garbage Out....   And, they can scatter my garbage ashes where ever they choose....  This world is coming to an end under the weight of all this garbage...  See you in Garbage Heaven.....too!

CHOK DI !!!!

Why do you post so much nonsense? 😊 Veering wildly from stating that you might buy a smaller 12 litre oven to now stating that you will buy a 70 litre oven. What is the purpose of all of your gibberish? There's definitely a load of Garbage Out...

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Why do you post so much nonsense? 😊 Veering wildly from stating that you might buy a smaller 12 litre oven to now stating that you will buy a 70 litre oven. What is the purpose of all of your gibberish? There's definitely a load of Garbage Out...

I beg to differ:

a. I found the NC-60301 at a deep discount. So, I will buy at this price.  The reason I found this oven is DUE TO THE FACT that the OP posted this Topic. This caused me to do a search to find what is available in Thailand, CHEAP.  And, I found the item I will buy today, at the store, and not online.  So, NOT Garbage Out, on this point.

b.  I stated that I would get one of those Halogen ovens, the type with the large glass bowl. I used these in Taiwan for many years.  The problem is that the heating mechanisms used to "burn out" after a year of heavy use.  But, this is OK with me now...because.... I am relatively WEALTHY now, and I can afford to throw my money around on a Bt.1000 oven these days.

In past decades, in Taiwan, this same Bt.1000 oven would cost over double.  And, at the time, I thought it was not worth that much.

So, on this point, I know you will agree that this is NOT  ...... GARBAGE Out...

c.  I like to cook 54 chicken-breast halves ALL AT ONE GO.  This saves on heating up the kitchen more than once per month.  I have previously explained my logic in prior posted comments and Topics.  This also saves Energy and reduces my contribution to Global Warming.

So, on this point...NOT....GARBAGE Out.....!!!!

No harm done, though.

I understand how you might have misunderstood my logic...

Many people do.

People on TV, some of them, say I am weird.

I agree.

But...

The question is....

Am I not only weird, but garbage, TOO????

No.

I am DUST.

Specifically....STARDUST.

And...

So are you.

Here is the PROOF of this statement, and NOT...GARBAGE, by any means....:

STARDUST!

NOT Garbage!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Most Thai's dont know how to use an oven,

Seriously?

(This I cannot say for sure.  However, when I purchased the Electrolux 56 Liter oven, two girls that I know did not have a clue what it was used for.  They were afraid to turn the heat up to 250 degrees C, with nothing in it, and feared the oven might get too hot.  So, yes, it might be true that most people here do not have experience with electric ovens, other than microwave ovens.  But, they do know how to cook chicken on the grill, by the side of the road....And in this they are EXPERTS.!!!)