Move Forward Party dissolved, leaders banned for 10 years - video

9 hours ago, fobuff said:

Thailand is over...  it will never change for the better..

I see another coup in the near future....

The Military already run the country, maybe a different General will take over, but the Head Man at the Very Top, will always have the last word.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, lordgrinz said:

That was the plan, the Elites want the dumbest obedient servants they can get, "best and brightest" is the last thing they want. One look at the educational system here supports the hypothesis.

Sadly, true.

3 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Economic Stimulus: The government plans to distribute 560 billion baht via digital wallets by February 2024 to boost economic activity.

Fiscal Policies: For 2024, a 3.48 trillion baht budget with a 693 billion baht deficit is approved, focusing on economic growth and debt reduction.

Tourism Promotion: Visa restrictions for visitors from China, Russia, and India have been relaxed to attract 27 million international visitors by year-end. Introduced the new Digital Thailand Visa (DTV) attrracting digital nomads/ remote workers which will boost the economy. 

Social Welfare: A guaranteed minimum income of 600 baht per day and a 25,000 baht monthly salary for degree holders by 2027 are promised.

Human Rights and Social Issues:  On June 18, 2024, Thailand's Senate passed a bill to legalize same-sex marriage, making it the first Asian UN member state. 

Public Spending Alignment: Prime Minister Srettha insists state spending must align with government policies, focusing on efficiency and measurable outcomes.

And NOTHING has yet come to fruition, the country is broke ! all that will be achieved is more Debt.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Poor Thailand .

Just lost the last little bit of " face " .

Yes sir, and they have also lost face on the global front. Seems like the Military Red Shirts are truly in control....

• Agree 2

The party that had the most votes in the election disolved for wanting to move Thailand out of the 19th century into the 21st. How can democracy exist in this country. it beggars belief. So what will happen ? I know what should and I know what will !

The Elites can try as much as they wish to stop change and their power from being touched, but the people will eventually get their way. The winds of change will blow whatever you, they, or I say or want.

• Like 1

Just now, renaissanc said:

The Elites can try as much as they wish to stop change and their power from being touched, but the people will eventually get their way. The winds of change will blow whatever you, they, or I say or want.

Nope, the Elites have a firm grip on their servile plebeians, and the people of Thailand haven't the intestinal fortitude to demand and fight for change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Paris 1789, Moscow 1917, Vietnam 1945, 54 and 75 come to mind as inspirations for the Thai people (but how much history of the outside world are they allowed to know?)

The outside world helped to bring down the apartheid regime in S. Africa.  Let's hope that same outside world will put long-term pressure on the centres of power in Thailand.

Don't hold your breath waiting...

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

It's not really that important now. I feel the current government, with Thaksin working behind the scenes, is actually doing well and has surprised me quite a bit.

I concur 

Thaksin will make Thailand great again.

Western style democracy not suited for Asian country like Thailand 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Politics throughout the world seem more & more fouled with corruption & self serving egos. Even in my home country I feel outraged and nauseated, but like the people of Thailand am plagued with (E.g., "what can I do" or "my vote doesn't count").

Our race seems to be at catastrophic crossroads.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Paris 1789, Moscow 1917, Vietnam 1945, 54 and 75 come to mind as inspirations for the Thai people (but how much history of the outside world are they allowed to know?)

The outside world helped to bring down the apartheid regime in S. Africa.  Let's hope that same outside world will put long-term pressure on the centres of power in Thailand.

You speak as though Thailand is North Korea. 
This is a Thai problem let the Thais sort it out themselves. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1