Government Okays 433M Baht for Tourism Promotion

82cc554305573f3526be8b681cdd20eb.jpg

The government has given the green light for a 433 million baht fund for the Ministry of Tourism and Sports. This money will be used to promote tourism during the off-peak months through digital campaigns and events. This initiative is being led by the Thailand Tourism Authority (TAT) which hopes to raise revenues from homegrown tourism by 20% to 1.2 trillion baht this year. This move is aimed at making Thailand less reliant on international tourists.

Tourism Minister Sermsak Pongpanit has outlined two main plans under the “The Charm of Thai” campaign. These plans aim to promote travel within Thailand's five regions and encourage both locals and international tourists to stay longer.

The first plan, which has a budget of 280 million baht, will work with online travel agencies like Agoda and TripAdvisor to offer tour packages in August and September. This is expected to generate 2.8 billion baht in sales and attract 185,000 visitors.

The second plan will promote local festivals and events in September, encouraging spending in major and growing cities. Events such as the Chiang Mai Art and Music Festival and the Chon Buri International Music Festival are expected to bring in about 750 million baht.

By 2025, TAT is aiming for a 7.5% revenue growth centered on domestic tourism to reduce risks from global uncertainties. Even though the goal of 205 million domestic trips is lower than the previous 220 million, TAT is positive that strategic promotions and partnerships will help achieve higher figures and revenue, reported The Pattaya News.

Photo: The Pattaya News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-07

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

People here are up to their eyeballs in debt and can hardly afford to eat at times nevermind travel around the country on trips !!

Pay them a decent wage and they might be able to travel about .

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government has given the green light for a 433 million baht fund for the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

Lots of jollies for the chosen profession, must be the best job in Thailand.. I bet Phipat's pissed as he got shunted out to the ministry of labour.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government has given the green light for a 433 million baht fund for the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

I wonder what it will actually cost??? I'm sure a few crumbs will fall under the table! 😉

A little bit late to start it now but good luck. They definitely need it considering it’s already well into the low season and most of the locals can’t afford it. The ones that can are going out of Thailand. Seems like a waste of money to me, but I guess it’s not my pocket getting filled.