Meghan Markle Unveils More About Royal Trauma: Future Revelations May Be On the Horizon

Social Media

image.png.84a373d5a95aeea912adbb8a8fe569d8.png

Meghan Markle has revealed that she has barely scratched the surface of the trauma she endured as a working member of the British royal family, suggesting that future disclosures may be forthcoming. In an interview with CBS Sunday Morning anchor Jane Pauley, which aired on August 4, Meghan discussed her new project with Prince Harry, "The Archewell Foundation Parent's Network." When asked about her own experiences with suicidal thoughts, the duchess appeared taken aback but responded candidly.

The Archewell Foundation Parent's Network was established to support parents whose children have been adversely affected by social media. A collective of parents, whose children were driven to take their own lives due to social media abuse, have launched a campaign in collaboration with the network titled "No Child Lost to Social Media," sharing their tragic stories to raise awareness and seek change.

During the interview, Pauley noted that Meghan's openness about her own suicidal thoughts had created a deep connection with others facing similar struggles. Meghan had previously disclosed in a 2021 interview with Oprah Winfrey that the relentless tabloid and social media abuse she faced after joining the royal family led her to consider ending her life while pregnant in 2019. "The connection that you have with people is that they know that you have suffered too, personally contemplating killing yourself," Pauley remarked, observing that Meghan appeared uncomfortable with the topic.

Meghan responded, "I understand why you are though. I wasn't expecting it but I understand why you are. Because there is a through line I think and when you've been through any level of pain or trauma I believe part of our healing journey, certainly part of mine, is being able to be really open about it."

Meghan went on to say that she has not yet fully discussed the depth of her experiences, hinting at future revelations. "But I do think that I would never want someone else to feel that way. And I would never want someone else to be making those sort of plans. And I would never want someone else to not be believed. If me voicing what I have overcome will save someone, or encourage someone in their life to really genuinely check in on them and not assume that the appearance is good, so everything's okay, then that's worth it. I'll take a hit for that."

This comment suggests that if Meghan believes she can help others by discussing the mental health trauma she faced in 2019, she may become more candid with the public. Such revelations are likely to cause concern within the monarchy, especially considering the bombshell nature of her previous disclosures.

In her 2021 interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan revealed that during a period of intense negative press and social media abuse in January 2019, while pregnant with her son, Prince Archie, she confided in Harry about her suicidal thoughts. "I was really ashamed to say it at the time and ashamed to have to admit it to Harry, especially, because I know how much loss he's suffered. But I knew that if I didn't say it, that I would do it," she said. Harry, unsure of how to help his wife, encouraged her to attend a pre-planned engagement, a Cirque du Soleil performance in London, on the night in question. Photos of the couple smiling at the event have since been cited as an example of how they hid their personal pain behind public masks.

Meghan also revealed in the Winfrey interview that she sought help from palace "human resources" but was turned away because she was not a "paid employee." The interview's aftermath saw significant backlash directed at the monarchy, though much of the focus shifted to Meghan's disclosure that an unnamed royal family member had made comments about the potential color of Prince Archie's skin before his birth.

Reflecting on the interview during the 2022 Netflix series "Harry & Meghan," Meghan said, "We didn't see it until the world saw it. I thought that me being very open about the depression I experienced and just how extreme that became, I thought that would be the biggest takeaway." Since their split from the monarchy in 2020, Harry and Meghan have faced persistent criticism from some commentators and social media users whenever they discuss their challenges within the institution and with royal family members.

Despite the criticism, Meghan has indicated that she has more to say about her experiences. In a 2022 interview with The Cut magazine, she revealed that she kept a diary during her time in the monarchy and that she never signed a non-disclosure agreement with the royals. "I've never had to sign anything that restricts me from talking. I can talk about my whole experience and make a choice not to," she said, adding that she was "still healing."

In 2023, representatives for the duke and duchess announced that the couple was moving away from "look back" projects to focus on the future following the release of the Netflix show and Harry's memoir. However, it seems that through their charity work, particularly with the Archewell Foundation, they may continue to share insights from their past to help others.

Meghan Markle's recent interview suggests that she may have more to reveal about her time in the royal family, particularly concerning her mental health struggles. As she continues to navigate her new life and work with Prince Harry, the public can expect further insights into her experiences and the challenges she faced. This transparency may not only aid others facing similar issues but also continue to provoke reactions from within the royal establishment and beyond.

Credit: Newsweek  2024-08-08

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

• Sad 1

... "suggesting that future disclosures may be forthcoming"

I'm on the edge of seat, tell us more :cheesy:

I think everyone knows, knew a long time ago, it's one horrible family, with dark roots.

Good luck with the book & media sales 👍

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Is Mi6 completely incapable of ending the pain of millions and millions of us suffering from the garbage that comes out of this "woman"'s mouth?

That is then foghorned by the lowly gutter press!

I am sure that some of what she's saying has some truth and validity to it, however my big question is what were her and Harry's expectations when they spoke out against the monarchy? What did they think was going to happen? Did they think that this system that's been in place for centuries and has historically supported slavery, the incredibly evil East India Trading Company, and colonialization of dozens of countries was just going to take it lying down? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Looks like Karma has finally come after Harry.

From fun loving party prince adored by the public, to the loathed lapdog of the liar. He really looks thrilled to be there.😄

She really played the dumb ginger prince 😂.

image.png.e2c2c0898993da2964403a4aff6e3653.png

image.png.0380de1a602ee1b1f6448a42da7e8675.png

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yeah.

Multi million pound weddings, mansions in the country, chaffeur driven luxury cars, holidays, full time security. A platform to pursue all the good causes she claims to care about. 

Must have been awful. Makes me want to cry. One tear. Left eye.  😃

I hope all those "monarchy" attributes change soon, too, and the UK finally sluffs it all off.  

I'm from the USA, though, so it's really none of my business... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Social Media said:

As she continues to navigate her new life and work with Prince Harry

Presumably with the same due care and attention to detail as displayed by the captain of the Titanic in 1912.

Edited by OJAS
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes.

When your head of state is going to be either Donald Trump or Kamala Harris, it's probably best not to comment on ours. 

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes.

When your head of state is going to be either Donald Trump or Kamala Harris, it's probably best not to comment on ours. 

Kamala Harris would be fine, that's who I will vote for. Trump is an anathema for me. 

11 hours ago, mfd101 said:

A ridiculous couple. One of them weak & stupid, the other strong & nasty.  Guess which is witch.

Did you mean which is a witch

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

... "suggesting that future disclosures may be forthcoming"

I'm on the edge of seat, tell us more :cheesy:

I think everyone knows, knew a long time ago, it's one horrible family, with dark roots.

Good luck with the book & media sales 👍

Give us our privacy! "Look at us further disclosures are coming."

Why Harry married this vile woman is beyond my intelligence and probably says more about him than her other than he has unresolved  issues and learned nothing from Grandma

If he took the darkest looking girl from any country who performed her duties properly there would have bben no problem

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I have always thought that Megan truly believed that by marrying Prince Harry yhat she would automatically become a Princess and then perhaps be a Queen.

It doesn't quite happen like that.

I also thought that Prince Harry was driven more by his small head than by his brain.

It was their choice to make, and if it doesn't work out, it is a problem of their own making.

If you want privacy, then stay out of the social media and the limelight.

If you stay in the social media, then don't complain about the loss of privacy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Give us our privacy! "Look at us further disclosures are coming."

Why Harry married this vile woman is beyond my intelligence and probably says more about him than her other than he has unresolved  issues and learned nothing from Grandma

If he took the darkest looking girl from any country who performed her duties properly there would have bben no problem

She couldn't handle being number 2 to William and Kate.

So she threw it all away and now she's selling Jam and dog biscuits from her website while slagging off the royal family for her silver coins. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

IMO nothing is stranger than the reasons we marry ( other than the obvious one for men ) the women we marry. Given the divorce rate of around 50% a lot of us get it wrong.

It's like when we men are with a woman our brain goes on holiday.

On 8/8/2024 at 2:37 PM, WDSmart said:

I hope all those "monarchy" attributes change soon, too, and the UK finally sluffs it all off.  

Indeed, you "sluffed it all off"! Going well for you is it?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1