UK Thai embassy issues warning amid anti-immigration protests

Screenshot-2024-08-08-141606.jpg

The Thai Embassy in London issued a stern warning for all Thais living in or travelling to the UK: steer clear of crowded places and protests. This urgent advice comes as thousands of anti-immigration protesters take to the streets in towns and cities nationwide.

Liverpool, Bristol, Manchester, Blackpool, and Belfast have been pinpointed as high-risk areas. The embassy strongly advises heightened caution if travelling to these cities.

Reports suggest the unrest could spread even further, heightening the need for vigilance. The embassy urges Thais to stay informed through British news channels and official updates. In case of emergency, they can reach out to the embassy at +44 (0) 7918 651 720 or via email at [email protected].

According to the BBC, the violent protests erupted after false rumours spread online. The misinformation alleged that a 17 year old Muslim asylum seeker was responsible for the fatal stabbing of three young girls in Southport on July 29.

The unrest has seen mosques and hotels housing asylum seekers come under attack. Shops were burned and looted, causing widespread fear and disruption. Yesterday, August 7, high street shop owners across England took precautionary measures, boarding up windows and closing early to brace for potential violence, reported Thai PBS World.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of BBC News

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-08-08

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, loong said:

The problem with that is that only white people are getting arrested. "Asians" can run around armed with machetes and the police are not interested.

Would be interested to see the news on this, can please you share?

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

You are telling me you left a country, to become an immigrant yourself someplace else, because 7000 people came into the country illegally (some who claimed asylum). 7000 people wouldn't even cover one stand of a football stadium

I said the writing was on the wall, government policies were changing and I didn't want to be a part of it... or the future of it.

History has proved me correct.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

With the very large crowds coming out to protest against the people making the riots, it is a very small percentage of Brits who are racist.

Your figure of 7,000 is a bit short, in 2023 alone the government gave a figure of 52,530 irregular migrants entering the UK.

Like most countries around the world, we need immigration, yet there is a very big problem with illegal immigration, this would stop overnight if the government stopped giving out benefits to illegals. The UK like most countries cannot keep supporting and unchecked immigration as it overloads the hospitals, police, schools, housing and general finances of the country. £8million GBP per day is spent just on accommodation for immigrants, if this money could be placed into the NHS or schools, what a difference.

Countries need to build a sound foundation so the country can support it’s people and people wanting to live there.

Just ranting about the negatives is not solving the problem.

He was referring to the year 2008 when he left as he didn't like illegal immigration. 

Even if 50,000 illegal migrants come a year, it's not a massive number. I can guarantee you that more than come through the Thai / Mayanmar porous borders a day. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, DaLa said:

I came out to Thailand in 2009 and was here for the political disturbances of 2010. I would have never thought that the future in Thailand was going to be so relatively peaceful and that the UK would degenerate into chaos. Or did I.

A solution appeared to have been reached here. I feel that a solution in the UK is a long way off if not impossible. Sad times.

No solution has been reached here, far from it.

They have, just last Wednesday, banned the most popular political party and its leaders from politics for 10 years. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Drumbuie said:

Complete racist nonsense. I'm guessing you listen to Farage & co. 

If you're not white in England, the police are much more likely to see you as a criminal.  24.5% of "stop and search" subjects  are Black, 10.3% Pakistani, 9.9% mixed race 5.9% White. 

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/crime-justice-and-the-law/policing/stop-and-search/latest#by-ethnicity

PS Do you ever stop to think why someone might want you to focus your anger on an easily identifiable ethnic group? 

Most knife attackers are black and most victims are black. They are targetting the correct demographic. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

In 2008, there were 7,000 ILLEGAL immigrants entering the UK. 

You are telling me you left a country, to become an immigrant yourself someplace else, because 7000 people came into the country illegally (some who claimed asylum). 7000 people wouldn't even cover one stand of a football stadium.

You didn't leave because of offshore olligarchs, rising cost of living, inept governments, illegal wars - NO YOU LEFT BECAUSE YOU FELT A POPULATION OF NEARLY 68 MILLION COULD NOT HANDLE 7000 PEOPLE. So you went to a country that lets in 40 MILLION PEOPLE A YEAR .

The racism from Brits is astonishing. In my opinion it's down to a massive lack of investment in education of their population, resulting in them holding such rancid views, and being easily manipulated. 

They aren't the most desirable of tourists here in Thailand (alot of drunken sex tourists), and around their favourite enclaves of Spain make no effort to assimilate themselves - no learning of their language, loved their Heniz baked beans, etc 

Are you referring to legal migration? You know the need for asian doctors, nurses, care home workers, international investors, low rise jobs that the local population won't do, or students that pay 5 times more than local to subside their costs. Which one do you not want? 

Maybe the UK should not have called up so many indians to their country after the second world war to help rebuild their country. Furthermore maybe they should told the 2 million indian to stay at home and not help them during world war 2. 

Let's call the poster what he is. 

Silly post, Pike.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

He was referring to the year 2008 when he left as he didn't like illegal immigration. 

Even if 50,000 illegal migrants come a year, it's not a massive number. I can guarantee you that more than come through the Thai / Mayanmar porous borders a day. 

You just get more ridiculous.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I came to Thailand in 2008, I could see the writing on the wall then... an Island nation that couldn't or wouldn't stop the illegal immigration.. I made the right decision.

This all kicked off not because of illegal immigration but Islamic phobia. And the Perb went to a Christian Church (as did his parents) and school. But of course he is black more racist hate.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, loong said:

The problem with that is that only white people are getting arrested. "Asians" can run around armed with machetes and the police are not interested.

Rubbish, its only the white far right Nazis that are are causing these riots, for their own agenda to fight the police, and loot from businesses. Causing harm to normal peaceful people burning cars  etc. who they don't even know who owns them . Lock the lock up.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

The racism from Brits is astonishing. In my opinion it's down to a massive lack of investment in education of their population, resulting in them holding such rancid views, and being easily manipulated. 

Well said I amazed and saddened as a Brit to see how racist they are since this all developed, when the news first broke I was saying to myself, please don't let it be Muslim radical that did this, as I knew what would happen, it was not a Muslim but they the Nazi far right thugs still went on the rampage. Uneducated Thugs probably they are the ones on the dole and benefits, draining more resources than any immigrants.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

49 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Most knife attackers are black and most victims are black. They are targetting the correct demographic. 

That is normally Gang related not normal Black people going about their daily business. More Racist Diatribe.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1