At your age: Do you still take life seriously?

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I'm 80 years old coming soon.

Yes I do take life seriously, I live with my wonderful Thai son and his Thai wife and 4 kids.

I have been devoted to my son all of his life and he reciprocates.

My son is totally aligned to the best education and behavioral teachings for his 4 kids.

I work with him on all of the above and it gives me great satisfaction. 

Great post and well done to you. Best post of the thread IMO.

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Great post and well done to you. Best post of the thread IMO.

Thank you, to be honest my attitude / actions on this subject are copied from my own father.

Every day of my life growing up we spent an hour / several hours together, he was a good listener, he never demanded what I should do, just suggestions, and "I wonder if..." etc. And he was a good sports coach.

I do the same

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I'm 80 years old coming soon.

Yes I do take life seriously, I live with my wonderful Thai son and his Thai wife and 4 kids.

I have been devoted to my son all of his life and he reciprocates.

My son is totally aligned to the best education and behavioral teachings for his 4 kids.

I work with him on all of the above and it gives me great satisfaction. 

I guess everyday is a blessing for you 

Make the most of it and thankyou for your service 🙏 

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Very true 

We all hope to get to 80-85 before we go 

Some of us go earlier ,some go later but most of us go in between that number .

You mean eighty two and a half? I am in-between those numbers, so on the downward side. However, I will hang on in there for a while yet, and hopefully pass the 85 in good health and still a long road to go.

1 minute ago, Surasak said:

You mean eighty two and a half? I am in-between those numbers, so on the downward side. However, I will hang on in there for a while yet, and hopefully pass the 85 in good health and still a long road to go.

In my view, a long row to hoe.

46 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

In my view, a long row to hoe.

I'm 80. My mum died at 99, still writing details of methods to teach mentally handicapped children to read and write. My dad, an engineer, died a few years younger of a massive heart attack which wasn't expected, he had good heart reports always. 

On 8/12/2024 at 5:49 PM, spidermike007 said:

My only objection was that I don't think that it brings happiness, on any level. 

Money is a problem when one lives to make money, and not about using money to live one's life. Why would any human being need more than a billion$?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Money is a problem when one lives to make money, and not about using money to live one's life. Why would any human being need more than a billion$?

Very true 

A guy at my work 56yo died recently...on the job...heart attack.

Done all the overtime he could get.

Rich ,single ,never been overseas , never bought lunch or anything from the nearby 711 

Dead ,and now his brother gets it all 

16 hours ago, Surasak said:

Look bring a realist ....it's possible 

50)50 I guess and I don't mean that in a negative way .

You may hit 85

Will you hit 90, obviously less chance 

But thankyou for your service 🙏 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Very true 

A guy at my work 56yo died recently...on the job...heart attack.

Done all the overtime he could get.

Rich ,single ,never been overseas , never bought lunch or anything from the nearby 711 

Dead ,and now his brother gets it all 

Perhaps he was happiest when counting his money. I knew a guy like that. I went to visit his rental houses with him and he walked 1/2 hour to save a few cents in train fare. He'll be rich, but that seemed to be all he cared about.

The opposite is also true. I went to visit a guy in a different town, and rather than take a bus to his place he wanted ME to pay for a taxi. He was broke, but of his own making. Unemployed despite being a nurse, and nurses able to get a job anywhere in the UK then. His girlfriend that he lived with worked.

So...

Nobody has actually yet answered the question:

Can we take life seriously, at our age?

And, at this time, when...

We finally realize that EITHER Trump or Harris....

Will soon be President of the World?

On 8/8/2024 at 8:36 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

a.  At your age, do you still take life seriously?  

Really?

Give me a break!

Or…Do you really?

b.  In this day and age, do we really still take the Nobel seriously?

Really?

Give me a break!

image.png.1f190ea9a3f8bc86f7ae72efe2c572e9.png

c.  Maybe Dylan actually did deserve the Nobel, as watered down as it seems to have become, in these modern times.

He wrote this, for example:

d.  So, do you still take life seriously, now that most of your life is already behind you, and now that all that you see ahead is what it is?

If you were to try to tell someone, less than half your age, why they should take life seriously, then could you?

e.  AND, are you a phony like Zimmerman? Or, are you now able to see through him, as no Nobel Committee ever did?

Strange, is it not, how time passes….?

So the question is, in this twilight of your years, is there really anything that you take seriously, besides Catch-22?

image.png.11cf366d099907dddc4dd7e859a32e8b.png

Catch-22 always catches up with one, around this time in life…don’t you think?

No.

We don’t take life seriously,

And why should we now?

At least, most of us do not, but do you?

Best regards,

And wishing you great “Remains of the Day”….

Gamma

Note:  Some day, I will find my perfect washing machine, just as Hemingway never found his perfect paragraph, before it’s too late.  And, then…who knows….

Note2:  And…What about you?

And, just by the way:

Note 66:  Do you intend to continue flying missions?

image.png.bc0df2e630473f2159e3244bc4b059db.png

Final Note:  Obviously, when we die, the question always begs and niggles us.... Will We go FURTHUR?

image.png.6edffd41836fc426ffe0a72f05a9ab61.png

image.png.a2ac648df31dba844ada0f106f077498.png

Or, will our bus, inevitably reach.... The End Of The Road....

image.png.312f06ffb026cadca3ff87f08813a9ae.png

image.png.f615cdeab41987d388c8b3cffa6efbad.png

seriously ...why are you wasting your time on such a rediculous post .. no, seriously. lol

2 hours ago, Des1 said:

seriously ...why are you wasting your time on such a rediculous post .. no, seriously. lol

Des1

What's that saying...calling the pot kettle black.

Please all I Ask you to do is to be non judgmental and maybe just maybe you can be a person with love 

57 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Des1

Please all I Ask you to do is to be non judgmental and maybe just maybe you can be a person with love 

are you kidding me....I will try ... seriously

Woody Allen is 84.

I'm quite a bit younger. 

But he's still funny.

“At my age, I’m playing with house money. Not believing in a hereafter, I really can’t see any practical difference if people remember me as a film director or a pedophile or at all. All that I ask is my ashes be scattered close to a pharmacy.”

Apropos Of Nothing 2020

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Des1

I don’t take life seriously and I don’t take you seriously. Who are you to tell me how to be a loving person? Maybe stop your self indulgent naval gazing and get on with life. If you preach on this forum you will find people who dislike preachers.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Des1 said:

I don’t take life seriously and I don’t take you seriously. Who are you to tell me how to be a loving person? Maybe stop your self indulgent naval gazing and get on with life. If you preach on this forum you will find people who dislike preachers.

I often why people say naval gazing and not penis gazing ?😮

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Nobody has actually yet answered the question:

Can we take life seriously, at our age?

As I see it life is a very bad joke for most of the world's population, but not many are laughing.

How can I take it seriously when some people actually believe that we caused the climate change that will kill humans off, when some people actually believe that there are more than two genders, when some people actually believe that Enid Blyton books should be banned, when some people actually believe that Harris should be POTUS, when some people actually believe that oil is evil, when some people actually believe that we should kill off all the beef cattle and eat bugs, when some people actually believe that killing women and children is OK if they are not of the chosen ones, when some people actually believe that children know a lot, when some people actually believe that .......................... ( add your own pet hates )