UN 'Deeply Concerned' by Thailand’s Opposition Party Ban

If anyone thinks that the Dissolution of MFP is "bad", wait until Pita and other MFP leaders are charged with dozens, if not hundreds, of crimes.

The intent is to strike fear into the populace, no more pesky suggestions thank you very much. And to force MFP leaders to flee the country.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

If anyone thinks that the Dissolution of MFP is "bad", wait until Pita and other MFP leaders are charged with dozens, if not hundreds, of crimes.

The intent is to strike fear into the populace, no more pesky suggestions thank you very much. And to force MFP leaders to flee the country.

Agree.....they are deadmen walking......no way are they going to be allowed to continue in public life in any meaningful way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Was the MFP naive in pushing for a review of 'certain laws' before/during the elections.........or was it this promise of a review that garnered so many votes from Thai electorate... without this promised review would they have just been 'also ran's'.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Emphasising the importance of diverse political voices, Turk added, "A diversity of voices and opinions is fundamental to ensuring respect and protection of human rights and achieving peaceful social and economic development."

Until it goes too far and you have all n sundry sticking their oar and are utterly hamstrung that you might say the wrong thing and be cancelled… as is the case with my sad sack of a country. 

This ruling is of course completely wrong and MFP would have done wonders for Thailand. But going hellbent for the defamation change so early was a huge mistake. That will take a generation or more to move on with. 

15 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Unfortunately, Thais have been very "mai pen rai" from a very young age. Most countries there would be millions on the streets by now.

Not in your Russia....Ooooh, no........🤨

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Forrests Father said:

I don’t see a problem. The powers that be make sure that Thais stay stupid and obedient with only a minimal income. And my maid works for 400 THB a day. 
Sarcasm off.

Is that with her husband helping.......?  🤭

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Unfortunately, Thais have been very "mai pen rai" from a very young age. Most countries there would be millions on the streets by now.

There are quite a few in jail because of protests, so not only "mai pen rai"

millions on the streets, in which country?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forrests Father said:

The powers that be make sure that Thais stay stupid and obedient with only a minimal income. 

Maybe the Thais that you know, I know very bright Thais with a (more than) good income.

Firstly, would posters cease stating MFP "won the elections" or attracted "majority of votes" as both are false. Btw, my large Thai family and I were supporters and still hope the reforms will come.

MFP gained around one third of the vote, and had the opportunity to lead an alliance. However they were the only party which made a big deal about lese majeste. Consequently they were unable to form government as were unwilling to modify their stance. That gave Pheu Thai the chance to snatch the reigns of power. Even my family, who were mostly pro MFP, were not so anti monarchy, as many have very fond memories of the last king.

So please let's not hear any more about MFP majority vote and won elections etc, unless you can show data to support. That they've been banned is bloody annoying, but such things happen here and around the world. Expect MFP will reform under a new banner to continue where they left off in the next election.

Secondly, how does the UN justify their righteous views about Thai democracy after decades of enabling Hamas to lead the Gazans into such destructive, vindictive, anti-democratic, anti-human rights misery. Shame on the UN and the UNRWA for their pathetic stewardship and outright hypocrisy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

There are quite a few in jail because of protests, so not only "mai pen rai"

millions on the streets, in which country?

Those in jail are real HEROES most Thais are sleeping.

Just now, BobBKK said:

The last time I looked, we were not in Russia, comrade :clap2:

Oh, hiding in Pattaya.......😋

But you don't have to hide, you're a British wannabe Russian, you are not affected..🙄

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, hiding in Pattaya.......😋

But you don't have to hide, you're a British wannabe Russian, you are not affected..🙄

Better than being a wannabe intelligent person  - you fail at that daily 🤪

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Better than being a wannabe intelligent person  - you fail at that daily 🤪

Well yes, indeed I may, but on the plus side, I am not a wannabe Red, Putin supporter as you are......:clap2:

19 minutes ago, transam said:

Well yes, indeed I may, but on the plus side, I am not a wannabe Red, Putin supporter as you are......:clap2:

Snap! I don't support Putin either!!!  well done old boy, congruence at last  ❤️