Visa-free entry for Chinese nationals has many consequences

On 8/10/2024 at 1:41 PM, malibukid said:
  • some of the girls are hot and friendlier than the locals and speak the English, better educated
  •  

Just don't look at their legs or your temperature will come down quick. Saw a couple of them yesterday at Lotus. They make me think of the saying.."If you've got it, flaunt it. If you haven't got it, just flaunt it anyway!"

Compared to Thai girls, I would say thanks, but no thanks. "Better educated"? I think you're confused education with nouveau rich (and the haughtiness that comes with it.) They speak English, Thai girls speak "Just one moe men!" music to my ears...

On 8/10/2024 at 2:56 PM, JoeyMac said:

PM Strettha panic ridden decision to allow Chinese and Indians to flood Thailand with cheap mass tourism, killed of any hopes of high quality spending tourists.

So lazy, lacking any skills to clean up tourism all gone - instead tried and tested cheap mass tourism is the fall back. 

No attempts to even diversify the economy, instead the Thai population will be hooked on this cheap mass tourism.

Proof in the puddings - revenue from tourism is down, despite more and more tourists arriving. Restaurants complaining lack of visitors. The type of Chinese coming to Thailand are the cheap variety, NOT THE  ELITE - they head to Europe, which is the dream.

Disgusting decision. Cost the country billions in lost revenue from visa fees. 

Inexplicably allowing INdians free entry was perhaps up there with one of the worst decisions in Thai history, because they saw revenue from indian tourists - yes but at what cost ? 

The infrustructure can barely cope as it is. 

Utter lunacy, to the compound all that by letting them stay long term !!!!

Yes the government are looking at revenue instead of profits.

On 8/10/2024 at 7:13 AM, freeworld said:

Nothing like a topic like this to bring out the xenophobes. The comments seem to confirm.

Xenophobes or are the chinese just not nice people?  the majority that i have come across here are rude, loud, and arrogant.  Every other nation i have met here there are good and bad but with the chinese it just seems to be bad.   Yet to meet a nice chinese person. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 2:05 PM, NoDisplayName said:

Well, except for the kiddie diddling and the ladyboy spelunking.

Ladyboy spelunking????

Have never heard about any ladyboy exploring caves...

Caving (spelunking) Adventures! - Blazers and Bubbly by Julie Holland

On 8/10/2024 at 11:54 AM, Guderian said:

Are you sure about that, how many are still coming on Zero Dollar Tours? It wouldn't surprise me at all if Srettha's family were in on the lark, too.

His daughter owns one of the largest real estate businesses in Thailand , which he used to own. And the deputy PM's half Chinese family own one if not the biggest construction companies in Thailand

All these threads about "bad Chinese here", "bad Chinese there", seems to be a reflection of the overall bitterness of Western folks seeing the constant decline of the West be it in influence/ say on world affairs, be it in economics, be it in self-entitled superiority complex 🙂

Give it another 4-5 decades and there will be immigration waves towards Asia from desperate Westerners, either escaping woke societies, repressive taxation or even declining public safety 🙂

• Confused 1

On 8/10/2024 at 2:39 PM, klauskunkel said:

went to Chatuchak Market today, might as well re-name it to Chinachak

Funny part is that pretty much everything on sale there now is made in China. They could order online from aliexpress.

On 8/10/2024 at 12:13 PM, tau152 said:

The Thai government had asked for it….just don’t seem to realize that the criminal Chinese Communist Party will try to take over!!  🤢

Population Invasion is Chinese rulers'  common tactics.

Sending in own people gradually, taking advantage of other countries' immigration policies.

And increasing their influence in politics and administration(through the power of money).

With an intention to take over other countries' sovereignty.

That is why Thailand has been  quite restrictive regarding the grant of their permanent residency(to all nationalities).

Already in the 19th century, Thai government started to impose tax on commercial billboards written in Chinese to weaken their power. 

That is from the awareness of China Risk among the old time Thai bureaucrats.

But modern-day Populist regime is undermining it.

Perfect example of China's Population Invasion is, the Lao, Thailand's closest neighbor.

In return of China's Cash Injection into the poor country,  they are demanding  super-long term land lease for the purpose of 

Chinese settlement.

Pretty much like 21st century Colonization.

Edited by black tabby12345

On 8/10/2024 at 12:13 PM, tau152 said:

The Thai government had asked for it….just don’t seem to realize that the criminal Chinese Communist Party will try to take over!!  🤢

Population Invasion is their common tactics.

Sending in own people gradually by taking advantage other countries' immigration policies.

And increasing their influence in politics and administration(through the power of money).

Their ultimate intention behind such moves is, the takeover of other nations' sovereignty.

That is why Thailand has been quite restrictive regarding the grant of their permanent residency(to all nationalities).

Already in the 19th century, Thai government started to impose tax on the commercial billboards written in Chinese to weaken their power.

That is the wisdom of old time Thai bureaucrats for national defense.

Population Invasion is Chinese rulers' common strategy.

Sending in own people gradually by taking advantage other countries' immigration policies.

And increasing their influence in politics and administration (through the power of money).

Their ultimate intention behind such moves is, the takeover of other nations' sovereignty.

That is why Thailand has been quite restrictive regarding the grant of their permanent residency(to all nationalities).

Already in the 19th century, Thai government started to impose tax on the commercial billboards written in Chinese to weaken their power.

That is the wisdom of old time Thai bureaucrats for national defense.

Just arrived at BKK, the new terminal (that they don't call terminal 2), seemingly reserved for Chinese.  But then,  the whole airport seems to be reserved for Chinese. And they behave like Chinese. 

The IO might have been Thai, hard to say - his new booth is fresh from China. 

Only when I went to 7/11 and 5 staff were completely overwhelmed by the 2 customers patiently waiting in line, unable to handle this onslaught of people who wanted to pay - only then I knew I am back in Thailand. 

Different folks for different folks. 

Who am I to judge.