Donald Trump’s speech during Musk interview sparks health concerns

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you didn't allege it, then what's your point? So you agree that the Biden Administration isn't responsible? If so, I guess  we agree.

No, I do not agree, but I assume that since you've posted yet again without discredit anything I said, you agree that inflation hits the poor and middle class the hardest. Gas prices double and food prices up 50%, and pointed out that in 2020, interest on a 30 year fixed was just under 3%, now it’s over 7%. The median home price in the US is about $425K. With 20% down, P & I at 3% is a $ 1,433   per month payment, at 7% that jumps to $2,262. That’s almost a 60% increase in less than four years.

And that Harris' policy was/is to keep letting millions of new low and no skilled "workers", that are often illiterate in their native tongue, and almost always illiterate in English, and that will likely never assimilate, and many of whom will be on some form of public assistance for life, and that will:

-Put downward pressure on wages, which is great for the rich.
-Put upward pressure on housing costs, which is also great for the rich.
-Reduce the quality and availability of social services, which the rich do not care about.
-Increase the size of government, which will benefit many of the rich. 
-Overburden public schools, disproportionally forcing up the cost while at the same time reducing the quality, which the rich do not care about either. 

Correct? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, I do not agree, but I assume that since you've posted yet again without discredit anything I said, you agree that inflation hits the poor and middle class the hardest. Gas prices double and food prices up 50%, and pointed out that in 2020, interest on a 30 year fixed was just under 3%, now it’s over 7%. The median home price in the US is about $425K. With 20% down, P & I at 3% is a $ 1,433   per month payment, at 7% that jumps to $2,262. That’s almost a 60% increase in less than four years.

And that Harris' policy was/is to keep letting millions of new low and no skilled "workers", that are often illiterate in their native tongue, and almost always illiterate in English, and that will likely never assimilate, and many of whom will be on some form of public assistance for life, and that will:

-Reduce the quality and availability of social services, which the rich do not care about.
-Overburden public schools, disproportionally forcing up the cost while at the same time reducing the quality, which the rich do not care about either. 

Correct? 

Oh boy....the rich have a lot to answer for.....maybe if they were taxed at an appropriate rate, life would be a little bit better for all.....instead of life just getting better and better for the rich???

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Although what you say is true, his current inability to pivot and adapt is what is shocking even his top donors. A likely reason why he is so far behind in fundraising. The real issue is he has no policy. He has only the Trump brand of hatred and division. Even Vance is starting to look ridiculous by not being able to move on from the Walz military service criticism. It is just who these people are. They are haters. Vance attempts to appear dignified, in stark contrast to Trump, but what he says is not. They are a disaster. 

👍👍👍

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Correct? 

Clearly, you didn't read what I just posted. Wages have risen most for those in the lowest 25 percent of workers, well outpacing inflation.,

If you're going to make assertions about the effects of immigrants on workers' wages and how well immigrants integrate into the economy, accompany those assertions with links to credible sources. Otherwise they're just empty.

As for inflation, clearly you're at a loss since you have no answer for why Biden is responsible for inflation since it affected most of the world's economies.

Edited by placeholder

Just now, Will B Good said:

Oh boy....the rich have a lot to answer for.....maybe if they were taxed at an appropriate rate, life would be a little bit better for all.....instead of life just getting better and better for the rich???

Perhaps if you assume the people running the IRS are smarter than the attorneys the rich hire. No DEI hires there...

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Clearly, you didn't read what I just posted. Wages have risen most for those in the lowest 25 percent of workers, well outpacing inflation.,

If you're going to make assertions about the effects of immigrants on workers' wages and how well immigrants integrate into the economy, accompany those assertions with links to credible sources. Otherwise they're just empty.

As for inflation, clearly you're at a loss since you have no answer for why Biden is responsible for inflation since it affected most of the world's economies.

You mean the unbiased Vox opinion piece? 

4 hours ago, luckymitchell said:

That is from 2019, trump is still going strong, Biden on the other hand🙄

He is almost certainly suffering from moderate cerebral SVD.....no bigger for your average guy in the street.....not a good look for the POTUS.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

You mean the unbiased Vox opinion piece? 

In my quote there's a link to the Stl Louis Fed databasse and a reference to the Atlanta Fed's database that was linked to above  Whereas all you offer is empty assertions and evasions.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

In my quote there's a link to the Stl Louis Fed databasse and a reference to the Atlanta Fed's database that was linked to above  Whereas all you offer is empty assertions and evasions.

Then why not post the data and a link to it? But you can't, all you can do is regurgitate. 

That you've no yet been able to show that anything I've said is false, does not make them empty assertions and evasions, it more likely shows what I said was true. 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Then why not post the data and a link to it? But you can't, all you can do is regurgitate. 

That you've no yet been able to show that anything I've said is false, does not make them empty assertions and evasions, it more likely shows what I said was true. 

One link was in my quote and the other was a click away. Actually, I don't regurgitate what I read. I digest it. Whereas you, when it comes to ingesting information, are clearly anorexic.

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

One link was in my quote and the other was a click away. Actually, I don't regurgitate what I read. I digest it. Whereas you, when it comes to ingesting information, are clearly anorexic.

Then why not post the data and a link to it? But you can't, all you can do is ingest and excrete. 

23 hours ago, Crazy Noobie said:

USA should have a age requirement, no one over 70 years old can run for President.

They should also have a requirement that no one with an IQ under 70 can run, too.

2 hours ago, susanlea said:

Not in top 10 :coffee1:

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Lowest inflation since April 2021. Economy strong. Best in the world. 

That is a completely ridiculous statement, the inflation numbers are totally fake, consumer confidence is way down, the stock market is pumped up with more gas than the Hindenburg had, due to corporate shaving of their labor force, and there are so many other aspects of the economy that are pumped up and in dramatic need of correction. Many expect real estate in the next few years to take quite a hot, as well as the stock market. Huge corrections over the next 1-3 years. 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Then why not post the data and a link to it? But you can't, all you can do is ingest and excrete. 

This is comical coming from you who have posted no data or links at all to your assertions that I have challenged.

• Agree 1

Just now, placeholder said:

This is comical coming from you who have posted no data or links at all to your assertions that I have challenged.

Of course, more deflection.

What assertion am I making that you are challenging? 

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That is a completely ridiculous statement, the inflation numbers are totally fake, consumer confidence is way down, the stock market is pumped up with more gas than the Hindenburg had, due to corporate shaving of their labor force, and there are so many other aspects of the economy that are pumped up and in dramatic need of correction. Many expect real estate in the next few years to take quite a hot, as well as the stock market. Huge corrections over the next 1-3 years. 

I'm sure you wouldn't make such assertions as "the inflation numbers are totally fake" without having some link to a credible source to back them up. Please share them with the rest of us.

• Agree 1

Of course, more deflection.

What assertion am I making that you are challenging? 

1 minute ago, ignore it said:

Hmm.

Ain't it funny how this slurred speech and rambling talking business is a big thing now.

The "main stream" media didn't mention it until after the big debate.

Then he has just got worse..........:huh:

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Are you asking me to support that Biden/Harris will continue letting in millions of illegal aliens, or that letting in millions of illegal aliens will put downward pressure on wages? 

Please be specific about what you think I am saying that is false. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Are you asking me to support that Biden/Harris will continue letting in millions of illegal aliens, or that letting in millions of illegal aliens will put downward pressure on wages? 

Please be specific about what you think I am saying that is false. 

You might look closer to homes for problems with specififtiy

Well, your question betrays a certain lack of scope in knowledge  and precision in thinking.

What is your time scale for millions of aliens entering? Monthly? Yearly? 

Were millions of aliens entering the US under the Trump administration? Monthly? Yearly?

What is the level of aliens entering currently?

Has letting in millions of aliens on whatever timescale put downward pressure on wages? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

You might look closer to homes for problems with specififtiy

Well, your question betrays a certain lack of scope in knowledge  and precision in thinking.

What is your time scale for millions of aliens entering? Monthly? Yearly? 

3,000,000 a year

Were millions of aliens entering the US under the Trump administration? Monthly? Yearly?

Why, would that make it okay? But no, millions a year were not entering monthly or yearly under the Trump administration.

What is the level of aliens entering currently?

Ten to twenty millions since Biden took office, but year, with the election looking they turned it down. 

Has letting in millions of aliens on whatever timescale put downward pressure on wages? 

Yes. 

3,000,000 a year

Why, would that make it okay? But no, millions a year were not entering monthly or yearly under the Trump administration.

Ten to twenty millions since Biden took office, but year, with the election looking they turned it down. 

Yes. 

Not a single reliable link, just your words that count for nothing. Just like Trump.

• Agree 1

Just now, bubblegum said:

Not a single reliable link, just your words that count for nothing. Just like Trump.

Link to what? 

What have I said that you think is false? 

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm sure you wouldn't make such assertions as "the inflation numbers are totally fake" without having some link to a credible source to back them up. Please share them with the rest of us.

I have a very credible source, my life! I travel back to the US 2 to 4 times a year and every single time I go back things are 10% higher, everything is 10% higher, it's now $100 to fill up a small grocery bag. Inflation in the US is so insane that London, Monte Carlo and Paris are now cheaper to visit than Los Angeles. I just returned from Europe. Everything was cheaper than in the US now. Is that accurate enough of a scale for you?

I don't depend on government numbers which are established using very silly commodities to establish a low inflation rate, I depend on my wallet and the cost of living to make accurate assertions, as to what's really going on in my life, and on the ground. 

Inflation here is significant but not outrageous. In the US it is insane. And it has barely slowed down. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1