Woman Charged for Blocking Parking Space with Traffic Cone in Patong

webfact

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I wish they'd charge those cone owners here in Pattaya 

These narcissistic people think they own the roads, I pay road taxes to park on public roads where legally allowed. 

Patak road in Karon, Phuket is for tuk tuks only apparently, anyone parking a car gets told to move it immediately, can’t even pop into a shop, or it’ll get damaged.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not surprised she had to reserve that space, or probably 2 or 3 spaces. She doesn't even know how to sit on a chair.

Parallel parked her arse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not surprised she had to reserve that space, or probably 2 or 3 spaces. She doesn't even know how to sit on a chair.

Maybe she sits side saddle when driving, hence the need to block parking spaces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Thailand; the public road in front of any house/business is deemed to belong to the house owner

You are mis informed. 

Who are you getting your information from, your wife? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Interesting I wonder if she had any connection to the space.

We have a gated house entrance, its often blocked by school mums, this is illegal as it blocks a houses exit so we use cones now and again, police just look at me like crazy farang with his cones.

The cones are only required though because the law on parking is not followed.

Very different to initial posted case, but bit of side info. Would you cone if it was your house?

12 minutes ago, mikebell said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it is not.

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You are mis informed. 

Who are you getting your information from, your wife? 

Perhaps I was too cryptic for the above responders; 'it is deemed by the house/business owners to be their land.'

"it is deemed by the house/business owners to be their land".

That was not what you posted originally.   Your post wasn't "cryptic", it was just wrong, regardless of what you meant. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe she is hindered by the karate chop piece of paper.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Keeps said:

I knew exactly what you meant as soon as I read your original post. I also knew that others would take delight in pointing out the ambiguity of your post. One in particular rarely adds anything of value to a topic but takes great delight in pointing out others errors. 

Agreed.

However, I took it as sarcastic rather than cryptic.

Edited by London Lowf

11 hours ago, Keeps said:

I knew exactly what you meant as soon as I read your original post. I also knew that others would take delight in pointing out the ambiguity of your post. One in particular rarely adds anything of value to a topic but takes great delight in pointing out others errors. 

I know exactly who you mean.  I believe there is a way to block his usual carping posts but at 82 this old dog needs teaching new tricks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, PFMills said:

You didn’t need to explain that… why did you … only total dickheads or those with a limited understanding of the English language would have misunderstood.

I was an English teacher for 39 years; I can't stop helping others with their lack of comprehension.

On 8/16/2024 at 5:48 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"it is deemed by the house/business owners to be their land".

That was not what you posted originally.   Your post wasn't "cryptic", it was just wrong, regardless of what you meant. 

'the public road in front of any house/business is deemed to belong to the house owner.'  This was my original post. 

Now, you are famed for your ability to split hairs whilst adding nothing to the thread, could you please explain the difference in meaning that you see between the two versions.

I made the post after having had a piece of wood with a large nail in it placed under the rear wheel because I parked in a forbidden place.  This cost me a new tire. 

I used to have a twice weekly verbal row with the 'owner' of an Indian restaurant at the top of soi 6.

+ a monthly altercation with the 'landlord' of a Vet's clinic opposite Tops on Khao Noi when I paused for two minutes to use the ATM opposite.  He achieved notoriety on Youtube eventually.

+ An extremely polite farang owner of a bar in Soi 5 Jomtien when visiting Immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1