12 month bank statement

33 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Look this is easy, You can turn up without a bank statement as many on here are saying it is not needed, or you can pay Bt200 and have it with you and save a trip to the bank if it is asked for.

Same with TM30 when extending or doing 90 day. Listen to those people who have never been asked for a TM30 or have it with you just in case.

Can't speak about the bank statement and not needing it but I have extended my retirement Visa 15 or 16 times now and never one time ever have I been asked for a TM 30 for any reason at the Jomtien office. I own my own condo I have been asked for a copy of my deed but never once the TM 30

On 8/16/2024 at 9:52 AM, CallumWK said:

Been told by a friend who is on a retirement extension for a few years already, and has 800K in a bank which he doesn't touch, that this time he was requested a 12 month bank statement. This was in Jomtien.

Is this the new rule?

No

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Did my extension 10 months ago at CW and a bank book was all they needed, no 12 month statement. Been like that many years for me.

Read my post .

I stated that in ONE  month I had no transaction.

That is why CW wanted 12 month bank statement.

Rubbish requirement. 

Typical of immigration offices in Thailand.

Please do not snip my posts. 

My extensions for 10 years prior

had some months zero transactions. No problem

The last 2 required 12 month bank statement. 

Dudes: 

Think of it this way, the easier you make it for Immo to process you extension, the faster you will get it (other things being equal, like attitude).

In the case of money-in-the-bank for retirement extensions, then ask the bank to produce a one-year annual statement (200 baht or less) and save yourself some trouble.

At the very least, the one-year statement makes it much easier for the Immo officer to check the account balance to make sure it doesn't fall below 800K baht.

In sum, the easier it is for Immo, the easier it is for you.

'Nuff said.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

At the very least, the one-year statement makes it much easier for the Immo officer to check the account balance to make sure it doesn't fall below 800K baht.

In addition in recent years at some larger immigration offices eg CW they now have doc check chicks.

They have defined list.

I suspect CW is now requiring the bank statement.

I made appointment and dealt with doc check.

They wanted 12 month bank statement without even looking at my bank book and photocopies of pages

I do my immigration business at Jomtien, and from memory they wanted a 12 month statement first time about 4 “O”visa extensions ago. I thought at the time it was because I’d changed the passbook due to the one I had at the previous renewal being full. As a precaution though I now always get one with my letter required from the bank. IO seem happy with that. For Thb 100 it’s not worth having the dialogue with immigration, so I just include it with the passbook photocopies they want. 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

For Thb 100 it’s not worth having the dialogue with immigration, so I just include it with the passbook photocopies they want. 

Most banks require 200b for 12 month bank statement.

100b for bank letter. 

• Agree 2

I have never had to provide more than 6 months' data at Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai.

IMO yet another example of different offices applying different rules.

• Confused 1

On 8/16/2024 at 10:17 AM, Old Croc said:

A bank book which can be updated periodically is generally not a reliable guide as to how much is held in an account at a given time.

Indeed, I only ever go to the bank once a year on my way to immigration.

A single consolidated entry wouldn't tell them very much.

Before the of the US Embassy  stopping the letter to prove income each year in ( 2019 ), that's what I always use. In Jan 2019 I deposited 800,000 Baht in Bangkok Bank a Fixed Account, I asked if they could just roll it over into the same account each year in Jan ( my yearly  extension is due in mid June each year.) No problem and I never use that account, No ATM card's for Fixed Accounts either. So each year 2  to 5 days before going to CW, I go the a branch bank and get the letter showing I still have the account the date and amount in the bankbook with a bankbook  up that day. When I go to CW I first go down stairs and do another update for that day of the bankbook and get a copy of the last page. Give that IO and no question ask. Last extension May 21 2024. l only have of two pages used in the bankbook. Been doing my own extension for the last 34 years and I'm 81.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Read my post .

I stated that in ONE  month I had no transaction.

That is why CW wanted 12 month bank statement.

Rubbish requirement. 

Typical of immigration offices in Thailand.

Please do not snip my posts. 

My extensions for 10 years prior

had some months zero transactions. No problem

The last 2 required 12 month bank statement. 

Are you implying because ONE month there was no transaction you needed a full ONE year statement at CW? I am telling you I had ELEVEN months with no transactions because I only use the account to do annual extensions with 800K like the op and at CW I have NEVER been asked for an annual statement. The book copy has been enough until now.

On 8/16/2024 at 12:24 PM, John Drake said:

Probably needs to be an overview of which offices do and don't require them. Either that or always get one just in case.  I was just at Chaengwattana for extension renewal yesterday, and they didn't require the statement, although I had it ready if they had asked.

In 20 years never had to get a "statement"  ( use cash in bank method ,  one year term account ,  retirement)  .  BUT... last year they almost made me .   What EXACTLY  does one ask the bank for  ( i use Bangkok Bank)  ?   Is there a form i need to get ,  or just tell the bank i need a 12 month statement  ?    ( of course i need the letter for guarantee of funds as well  🙂 

6 minutes ago, Dickp said:

Before the of the US Embassy  stopping the letter to prove income each year in ( 2019 ), that's what I always use. In Jan 2019 I deposited 800,000 Baht in Bangkok Bank a Fixed Account, I asked if they could just roll it over into the same account each year in Jan ( my yearly  extension is due in mid June each year.) No problem and I never use that account, No ATM card's for Fixed Accounts either. So each year 2  to 5 days before going to CW, I go the a branch bank and get the letter showing I still have the account the date and amount in the bankbook with a bankbook  up that day. When I go to CW I first go down stairs and do another update for that day of the bankbook and get a copy of the last page. Give that IO and no question ask. Last extension May 21 2024. l only have of two pages used in the bankbook. Been doing my own extension for the last 34 years and I'm 81.

me too !   BUT ....... in CM  the guy who checks documents was insisting i get that stupid statement .   Yep,  i  roll it over same as you ........

1 minute ago, Digitalbanana said:

Are you implying because ONE month there was no transaction you needed a full ONE year statement at CW? 

That is exactly what I stated.

I had extensive chat with the head IO in L extensions.

She clearly stated that an activity/transaction is required every month. 

Previously for 10 years that was not the case. 

Perhaps you have an FD account.

Mine is savings.

First hand report.

Do you have problem with my account. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That is exactly what I stated.

I had extensive chat with the head IO in L extensions.

She clearly stated that an activity/transaction is required every month. 

Previously for 10 years that was not the case. 

Perhaps you have an FD account.

Mine is savings.

First hand report.

Do you have problem with my account. 

I also have a savings account. Why do you think I have a problem with your account? I am simply stating that my experience is different to yours at the same immigration office CW.

I also would question why "an activity/transaction is required every month" in an account that is never used except for annual extensions. For many years I have never had any activity in my account except the 6 monthly interest deposit and the annual withdrawal of a small amount I make on the day of the extension of stay, so in all about 3 activities per year in my book with no missing data or cumulative entries. That's my experience until now, I will go again later this month to extend another year and expect the same.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I also would question why "an activity/transaction is required every month" in an account that is never used except for annual extensions.

It was required as the io wanted it.

She was young and I asked to see the head IO. 

She sits at rear of L32 desk.

She insisted on requirement of monthly activity.

I pointed out why was this not required in my previous 10 extensions.

She let it pass however made me write ridiculous statement that I will in future provide 12 month bank statement. 

A few months back I went to have stamps transfered to my new pp.

I was surprised that she wanted photocopies of my bank book pages and a deposit (activity).

The head IO again dealt with me as I pointed out that this was never a requirement in past years.

I also took opportunity to ask again about 12 month bank statement.

She reiterated that "yes need" 

• Like 1

Immigrations latest order 35/2561 dated Jan 2019 regarding financial requirements under section 2.22 - retirement, simply states you must provide financial evidence with regard to funds or income based applications. It doesn't stipulate bankbook/statement.

They can request either or both at their discretion.

• Agree 1

On 8/16/2024 at 12:29 PM, fittobethaied said:

Has anyone using online banking with Bangkok Bank every ordered the 12 month statement off of their App? They will send it to you by email, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm wondering if Immigration will accept that in lieu of a statement from the bank with a bank signature on it. Also, how long does it take to get the statement by email. 

Immigration will only accept a statement issued by the bank that is stamped and signed.

The banks will not stamp or sign your online printed statements.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, rumak said:

In 20 years never had to get a "statement"  ( use cash in bank method ,  one year term account ,  retirement)  .  BUT... last year they almost made me .   What EXACTLY  does one ask the bank for  ( i use Bangkok Bank)  ?   Is there a form i need to get ,  or just tell the bank i need a 12 month statement  ?    ( of course i need the letter for guarantee of funds as well  🙂 

Just request a 12-month bank statement at your branch, Takes 5 days, so request in advance.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, rumak said:

I also use Bangkok Bank. Here was my procedure for my recently completed extension last week. 1) Went to Bangkok Bank at Central Pinklao and asked for a year long statement for immigration. They provide the forms, which you sign, and then pay 200 baht. 2) They issue you a stamped receipt similar to the one you receive for you yearly bank letter. 3) You provide an email address and they email you the 12 month statement. I went to Bangkok Bank Central Pinklao and made my request on 10 August, a Saturday (there was a holiday on Monday 12 August). I received the email with the statement on the afternoon of 14 August, the day before my appointment to extend at Chaengwattana. Morning of the 15th took the pdf statement on a flash drive and printed it out at Chaengwattan. But of course I didn't need it. It wasn't asked for, and I didn't volunteer it to immigration. But I had it just in case. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

I also use Bangkok Bank. Here was my procedure for my recently completed extension last week. 1) Went to Bangkok Bank at Central Pinklao and asked for a year long statement for immigration. They provide the forms, which you sign, and then pay 200 baht. 2) They issue you a stamped receipt similar to the one you receive for you yearly bank letter. 3) You provide an email address and they email you the 12 month statement. I went to Bangkok Bank Central Pinklao and made my request on 10 August, a Saturday (there was a holiday on Monday 12 August). I received the email with the statement on the afternoon of 14 August, the day before my appointment to extend at Chaengwattana. Morning of the 15th took the pdf statement on a flash drive and printed it out at Chaengwattan. But of course I didn't need it. It wasn't asked for, and I didn't volunteer it to immigration. But I had it just in case. 

Thanks JD for  the concise info ........ here in CM , even though i have an online appt.,  they make you go to a window where a not so nice officer informs you if all the paperwork is in order.  Then tells me (last year)  that i need the statement even though i try to explain my acct is a one year term acct that has been used year after year.   He doesn't care ..lol

I bypassed him and  went in to speak to an officer,  who agreed with me.  The next day i went to my appt.  and almost had the same problem but then it was resolved.  So.....

i guess i will get one "just in case" , like you did .  No big deal,  but after 20 plus years still the stress of dealing with the simple process which is NOT always simple.

glad yours went ok ........   rumak

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

No big deal,  but after 20 plus years still the stress of dealing with the simple process which is NOT always simple.

glad yours went ok ........   rumak

Actually, mine was not all that smooth either. There was one particular officer determined to make things a pain and spin out the experience as long as possible. Fortunately, that person was balanced by a much kinder person who once I was at the table and paying the 1900 made things go quickly--only had to wait about four or five minutes for them to return my passports with the new extension. 

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Actually, mine was not all that smooth either. There was one particular officer determined to make things a pain and spin out the experience as long as possible. Fortunately, that person was balanced by a much kinder person who once I was at the table and paying the 1900 made things go quickly--only had to wait about four or five minutes for them to return my passports with the new extension. 

do you think they intentionally play good cop bad cop just to be *******s . 🙄

i (sometimes)  understand why they might not be in a good mood , as being around farangs all day can not be so pleasant   haha

Edited by rumak

Just now, rumak said:

Not in my particular case. I could see what was happening from my seat in the waiting area. I know who the hard ass was and know the others were more willing to process things without a hitch.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, rumak said:

No, it's their level of education and training, or lack of to be more precise.

I submit applications of behalf of some disabled expats.
On one occasion, using the income method, although the 12 monthly transactions were above 70K, using a calculator, the IO had to add the 12 deposits then divide by 12 to announce with a smile he qualified - really!

Another, income method again, 12 x monthly transfers over 65K, the IO, although I argued, repeatedly stated he didn't qualify.

After 2 1/2 hours waiting to see the senior officer, he couldn't see the problem.
Turned out the first IO couldn't read English and had based his decision using the 'balance' column.

On 8/19/2024 at 10:16 AM, Old Croc said:

I get the feeling we long term expats are just there to provide reasons for large staffing numbers and to assuage egos of the few who need to exert authority.

Once one understands that Imm-staff do not get those jobs for "salary only," then the discrepancy in policy makes sense.  They view longer-term people as targets for "tribute" payments - a tradition going back centuries.  Those who fail to make such payments pay for their "insolence" by being put through the ringer.

Having to provide fresh "bank-money proof,' related to an already-verified/issued retirement extension, simply for moving permitted-stay stamps to a new passport (report above in this thread), is the perfect example of this. 

The MFA is not part of Immigration's system - apples and oranges.  They are currently being tasked with trying to help Thailand make up for a loss in export-revenue - increasing foreign-capital flows into Thailand, by encouraging remote-working expats to live here / spend their paychecks here.  That is what the DTV is for.  The 60-day visa-exempt was similarly-motivated - including allowing it for reasons other than "tourism" (visiting family, etc) - helping folks bypass the immigration rigamarole for such stays.

In reaction to the 60-day exempt rule, the border-entry points who process vans of agent-folks have already upped their fees - including a reported 2K extra-fee for those on a Non-Imm stamp or visa - the latter of which has long had an "agent-assisted" path for 12-month extensions.

We shall see what the "fee or rigamarole-treatment" is for border-bouncing on a DTV - it should be entertaining reading here, in the future.

• Agree 1