Walz Criticized Over Military Service Claims- ABC News

Hanaguma

8 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Numerous examples of Walz exaggerating, or not correcting people who spread inaccurate information about his service. For example, he was introduced on CSPAN as follows;

"Enlisted in the Army National Guard at 17 and retired 24 years later as Command Sergeant Major," she said of Walz, "and served with his battalion in Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan."

Walz nodded in agreement at that statement, despite the fact that -- according to military records and his own admission -although he served in Operation Enduring Freedom in Italy, he never served in Afghanistan.

The man BS's about his service for political gain. It's shameful.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/walz-previously-faced-criticism-characterized-military-service-records/story?id=112833386

Thanks for opening this thread !it has become number 2  on a google

search!

https://www.google.com/gasearch?q=Walz Criticized Over Military Service Claims ABC News&source=sh/x/gs/m2/5

Edited by riclag

15 minutes ago, maesariang said:

You make valid points. However he said in a video he carried a weapon into battle. So he lied to impress people. He lied for 15 years. My army friends never lied.

Mine either. It is taboo in the extreme to inflate your service or boast about something you did not do or somewhere you did not go. 

I cant imagine my RSM acting the way Walz did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, maesariang said:

You make valid points. However he said in a video he carried a weapon into battle. So he lied to impress people. He lied for 15 years. My army friends never lied.

Did Walz go around bragging he had gone to war? How many times did he do that? This brouhaha is over a statement he made once in 2018. Here's the text and clip below. He misspoke when making a point about gun safety. The Harris campaign has acknowledged he did so. I don't think the majority of Americans are going to disqualify him over one remark. 

"I spent 25 years in the Army and I hunt. I’ve been voting for common sense legislation that protects the Second Amendment, but we can do background checks. We can research the impacts of gun violence. We can make sure those weapons of war, that I carried in war, are only carried in war."

https://x.com/i/status/1820918063966962143

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Its safe to say walz/ harris lost many of the veterans vote imop

walz lying about carrying a weapon in war and harris being a part of the Afghanistan fiasco that resulted in 13 service members and  civilians lives.

Rag Tag vibes imop

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1