What Thai dishes are the lowest calories?

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Steamed sea bass with lime and chilli

That's an excellent dish for anyone looking to lose weight.  Eat steamed fish without rice as your main meal three or four times a week and you're sure to drop the pounds.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Pad pat ruam made without sugar addition. Any cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, broccoli. Bamboo is zero carbs. Mushrooms. Avocado. A small amount of dark chocolate.

Pork, pork rinds, fish, beef, skinless chicken, almonds. If you must drink alcohol, only distilled spirits such as whisky, rum, and vodka. Absolutely no beer. Yoghurt ( no added sugar ) and cheese is OK.

No bread, rice, pasta, noodles, potatoes or carrot.

I would say it works, because I went from 93 kg to 78 kg. I have gone back to 84 kg, because I love pad thai goong and ice-cream.

I'm in almost complete agreement. My experience with lo carb over 18 months. Went from 95kg to 80kg, and no gym! Forced me to rethink all my meals. An education in itself if you remove the 4 no-nos and fruit! But strawberries are ok, and star fruit (in season now). Keto heads cheat by calling avocados, olives and tomatoes fruit, which they are, but they're hardly a ripe juicy mango.

I discovered what matters most in a diet is satisfaction. If you remove all your staples, you're left with precious little that makes you feel full and satisfied. The Japanese call it umami. It's essential, to keep you satisfied. I found blue cheese supplied it, and bought a kilo at a time from Siamburi. Shiitake mushrooms also. And I disagree about coconut milk. Low in carbs. I lived on pork belly stew, good quality beef mince, and chicken with a whole variety of weird and wonderful veg, for 18 months but varied it every time I cooked. Entirely satisfying. No snacks except nuts. Protein shakes with high sugar free yoghurt content, coconut milk and plant protein powder.. High fat, medium protein, low carb is the keto mantra. Sounds counter intuitive but it worked for me. Until I got fed up with it's cultish requirements.

If you must, on any packet, always read the ingredients sticker. Carbs are always listed. And sugar.

Edited by bradiston

10 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

vegetarian..  not sustainable without supplementation ..   period

fiber is 100% useless.....  you are overworking your system pushing thru something you can not digest ,,, may as well eat a sponge

saturated fat, is what really keeps things moving ..    and that's part of why we have a gall bladder

cholesteral is essential for a healthy body ..  all your cells / brain / hormones

eat "FATTY" red meat     eggs,,   especially the yolks, fish, seafood .... if you must eat chicken,  make sure you eat the skin

real butter from grass fed cows

please keep an open mind and take a look at the links..   hope you find them interesting

Please don't post links of other's opinions. I go by facts, and what I've seen being in the gym and nutrition business all of my life. I've known plenty of vegetarians in my life, and again, if you get all of the essential amino acids, you can sustain your body. Many vegans think all they have to do is just eat vegetables and fruits, not understanding that food combining is necessary to get all of the essential building blocks. I always have an open mind, and have seen multitudes of bs thrown at people over the last 50 years I've been involved in nutrition, usually to promote something they want to sell, or to dispute proven facts. Everything you wrote I already know, but eating the skin of chicken isn't necessary because it's fat, and too much fat isn't good either. Making food move through your system is what's necessary, as it's not supposed to stay any longer than needed, and waste is what comes out, meaning things your body doesn't need. Just had my first colonoscopy at 67,  and no polyps or cancer, clean, because I've eaten fiber all of my life, daily, along with lean meats, fish, eggs, game, veggies, fruit and grains. Not one to ever take chances as far as my body are concerned.

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It depends on one's genetic inheritance. You may be fortunate in having an efficient metabolism bequeathed to you. My family on both sides has always had to fight weight issues.

You obviously don't understand the pecking order of energy production in the body.

To produce energy, your body burns glucose first in the blood cells. Carbohydrate is next, hydrolysed in the stomach to produce glucose. Fat comes last, burned principally by the liver, but also muscles.

Fructose is more complex, converted to glucose in the liver. However, a diet high in both fructose and fat can interfere with that conversion, and also result in fatty liver disease.

A low-carb diet boils down to something quite simple. If you starve the body of sugars and carbohydrates, the body has to start burning fat to produce energy, and that's when the weight comes off. Of course, that process is aided by exercise.

You should say thank you to your ancestors.

I've been into nutrition for the last 50 years, and have heard all kinds of truths and nonsense written about it. My ancestors did what they did because of habits, and genetics does make a difference, but if you don't take care of yourself, you can shorten your lifespan and bring about changes that can hurt you. My dad was always lean until he got sedentary, and then had a belly in his 50's.

Exercise does make a difference, but diet is 75% of what you look like as far as your body being lean. Some people burn more calories than others, but eventually everyone's metabolism gets slower and you put on fat, unless you have always been eating lean and stayed active. I ate a little more carbs then I do now, and only cut back recently because I haven't been to the gym nearly as much as before I moved here.

Everything you wrote I knew when I started working out at 17. This is why I'm still lean at 68. People fight weight issues because they don't eat healthy, period. You can eat as much as you want of things that grow, along with lean protein sources, and you won't get fat. Starches are very low in calories, and total calories mean a lot. The keto diet works because you are starving your body of carbs, which makes you burn stored fat. I knew this at 17 also, but never had to starve my body because i never ate besides healthy, with an occasional cheat of pizza, cheeseburger or a piece of chocolate, to this day. Staying on keto to me is taking a risk with your digestive system, although some think otherwise.

Low carbs isn't a bad thing, as many have allowed themselves to gain a lot over the years from a bad diet and being sedentary, so that's the way to go to burn more stored fat. You only live once, and genetics does play a role, so giving up everything you like, as far as tasty carbs, isn't necessary unless you also are eating a lot of sugar (refined),high fat foods and drinking calories, which is one of the worse things you can do if you want to stay lean.

Edited by fredwiggy

9 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

That's an excellent dish for anyone looking to lose weight.  Eat steamed fish without rice as your main meal three or four times a week and you're sure to drop the pounds.

Maybe there are little worms left inside... I'm not sure they cooked it long enough.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

I've been into nutrition for the last 50 years, and have heard all kinds of truths and nonsense written about it. My ancestors did what they did because of habits, and genetics does make a difference, but if you don't take care of yourself, you can shorten your lifespan and bring about changes that can hurt you. My dad was always lean until he got sedentary, and then had a belly in his 50's.

Exercise does make a difference, but diet is 75% of what you look like as far as your body being lean. Some people burn more calories than others, but eventually everyone's metabolism gets slower and you put on fat, unless you have always been eating lean and stayed active. I ate a little more carbs then I do now, and only cut back recently because I haven't been to the gym nearly as much as before I moved here.

Everything you wrote I knew when I started working out at 17. This is why I'm still lean at 68. People fight weight issues because they don't eat healthy, period. You can eat as much as you want of things that grow, along with lean protein sources, and you won't get fat. Starches are very low in calories, and total calories mean a lot. The keto diet works because you are starving your body of carbs, which makes you burn stored fat. I knew this at 17 also, but never had to starve my body because i never ate besides healthy, with an occasional cheat of pizza, cheeseburger or a piece of chocolate, to this day. Staying on keto to me is taking a risk with your digestive system, although some think otherwise.

Low carbs isn't a bad thing, as many have allowed themselves to gain a lot over the years from a bad diet and being sedentary, so that's the way to go to burn more stored fat. You only live once, and genetics does play a role, so giving up everything you like, as far as tasty carbs, isn't necessary unless you also are eating a lot of sugar (refined),high fat foods and drinking calories, which is one of the worse things you can do if you want to stay lean.

I quote:  "Bread, pasta, rice, noodles, potatoes, sweet potatoes and other starches are okay"

That is what you stated in your first post.

They are not, and you are trying to bullsh!t your way out of incorrect dieting information with a long spiel about how healthy you are. You are also misrepresenting what I posted as a keto diet, which it is not.

Noted you did not dispute my post with respect to the pecking order of energy generation.

As far as I am concerned, anything that grows below ground is bad for weight loss. Processed foods are bad. Do you think bread and pasta grow on trees?

I am a bit baffled how you can claim to be an expert on nutrition and weight loss if you have never had to do it yourself.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I quote:  "Bread, pasta, rice, noodles, potatoes, sweet potatoes and other starches are okay"

That is what you stated in your first post.

They are not, and you are trying to bullsh!t your way out of incorrect dieting information with a long spiel about how healthy you are. You are also misrepresenting what I posted as a keto diet, which it is not.

Noted you did not dispute my post with respect to the pecking order of energy generation.

As far as I am concerned, anything that grows below ground is bad for weight loss. Processed foods are bad. Do you think bread and pasta grow on trees?

I am a bit baffled how you can claim to be an expert on nutrition and weight loss if you have never had to do it yourself.

First of all, if you think my family has good genetics, you're wrong. There is diabetes in my family, and cancer. My brother died at 67 from a heart attack attributed to diabetes. He gained too much weight and got sedentary later in life.  My son, who's now 35, has had diabetes for 2 years now. He's lean and always works out and eats well. My aunt and uncle had diabetes. My blood sugar is always around 88.  I've done this for 50 years. How long have you? Have you stayed under 10% body fat since age 17 through 62? My body fat went as low as 4% and i stayed around 6% most of that time. I love Italian food, and have, and still eat it  today. Bread every day with sugarless jelly. Oatmeal every day. I was certified as a trainer with nutrition courses three times, and have been reading up on nutrition ever since I first lifted a weight at 17. This means I know what I'm talking about, seeing I got thousands of people to lose weight using my diet advice. My diet information is right on, seeing, again, I and others I've given advice to, have lost fat or stayed lean all their lives, as I keep in contact with many of them. These are people in their 40's to 80's.

I didn't misrepresent what you said. I added that a Keto diet isn't good to follow long term. Nothing to do with what you said about pecking order, which you said I obviously didn't know about. I knew this before you ever thought about it, back in 1973. I knew that too many carbs kept you from being extra lean, as I read all of the bodybuilding and diet books back when Arnold, Zane, (who I met), Columbo and Clarence Bass (author of Ripped), were in their primes.

Your opinions on what grows below ground are just that. Facts are, potatoes, sweet potatoes of all types, carrots, etc. are all healthy things to eat. What people put on them, along with their salads, is what ruins the diet. Anyone can get fat, especially as they age, if they don't follow sound advice on what to eat. Your posts are usually okay, and I don't like to argue, but on this topic, you're wrong. What works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone. There are millions of people who are lean who eat complex carbs, because they don't add the sweet sauces, butter, margarine or deep fry them.

Bread and pasta grow in the earth, made from wheat, rice, corn, and other flours. Adding water to them doesn't put them into the processed category like many other foods are. Some bread isn't healthy, and I don't eat it. Companies add sugar and salt to almost everything to sell more. If you read labels, as I have for all these years, you see what's in the ingredients and can make a choice.

I do know quite a lot about this, and I have had to do it myself, as I started to get fat at age 17, just before I started weight training and reading up like I said. I weighed 180 lbs and my body fat went up in just a year, then I started and lost it all fast because I changed my diet from the average teen diet to a bodybuilders diet. If I gave up complex carbs for a couple of weeks, I would be ripped again easily, because I keep myself close. Like I said, low carbs are good if you want to lose weight. If you need to lose weight, it's because you have eaten bad much of your life, and maybe drank too many sodas or alcohol. This still doesn't mean complex carbs are bad for anyone. Common sense helps a person lose weight. if you aren't overweight, starches are not a problem. Your family has always had weight issues because they didn't know , or care, about what makes a healthy, lean diet. If you think about what you have eaten all your life, I'm sure, if you had, or have, a weight problem, you ate too much fatty, fried, or sweet foods, or drank too much.  It wasn't the complex carbs that made you, or anyone else fat. It's what you add to them.

IF you need to lose a lot of weight, because you ate bad all your life, then you should keep the complex carbs low, because , of course, the body burns the most efficient form of energy first, so you can burn that stored body fat. IF you aren't overweight or obese, complex carbs are a healthy choice to any diet regimen. This also means you stop eating the excess sugar which comes in most every sauce, and stop drinking calories altogether, including beer and alcoholic beverages, milk, juice , tea and coffee with sugar, and sodas.

Edited by fredwiggy

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

I've done this for 50 years. How long have you? Have you stayed under 10% body fat since age 17 through 62? My body fat went as low as 4% and i stayed around 6% most of that time. I love Italian food, and have, and still eat it  today. Bread every day with sugarless jelly. Oatmeal every day. I was certified as a trainer with nutrition courses three times, and have been reading up on nutrition ever since I first lifted a weight at 17. This means I know what I'm talking about, seeing I got thousands of people to lose weight using my diet advice. My diet information is right on, seeing, again, I and others I've given advice to, have lost fat or stayed lean all their lives, as I keep in contact with many of them. These are people in their 40's to 80's.

I didn't misrepresent what you said. I added that a Keto diet isn't good to follow long term. Nothing to do with what you said about pecking order, which you said I obviously didn't know about. I knew this before you ever thought about it, back in 1973. I knew that too many carbs kept you from being extra lean, as I read all of the bodybuilding and diet books back when Arnold, Zane, (who I met), Columbo and Clarence Bass (author of Ripped), were in their primes.

Your opinions on what grows below ground are just that. Facts are, potatoes, sweet potatoes of all types, carrots, etc. are all healthy things to eat. What people put on them, along with their salads, is what ruins the diet. Anyone can get fat, especially as they age, if they don't follow sound advice on what to eat. Your posts are usually okay, and I don't like to argue, but on this topic, you're wrong. What works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone. There are millions of people who are lean who eat complex carbs, because they don't add the sweet sauces, butter, margarine or deep fry them.

Bread and pasta grow in the earth, made from wheat, rice, corn, and other flours. Adding water to them doesn't put them into the processed category like many other foods are. Some bread isn't healthy, and I don't eat it. Companies add sugar and salt to almost everything to sell more. If you read labels, as I have for all these years, you see what's in the ingredients and can make a choice.

I do know quite a lot about this, and I have had to do it myself, as I started to get fat at age 17, just before I started weight training and reading up like I said. I weighed 180 lbs and my body fat went up in just a year, then I started and lost it all fast because I changed my diet from the average teen diet to a bodybuilders diet. If I gave up complex carbs for a couple of weeks, I would be ripped again easily, because I keep myself close. Like I said, low carbs are good if you want to lose weight. If you need to lose weight, it's because you have eaten bad much of your life, and maybe drank too many sodas or alcohol. This still doesn't mean complex carbs are bad for anyone. Common sense helps a person lose weight. if you aren't overweight, starches are not a problem. Your family has always had weight issues because they didn't know , or care, about what makes a healthy, lean diet. If you think about what you have eaten all your life, I'm sure, if you had, or have, a weight problem, you ate to much fatty, fried, or sweet foods. It wasn't the complex carbs that made you, or anyone else fat. It's what you add to them.

I agree. Sauces and dressings are high sugar and preservatives.

Potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, peas, meat, fish and eggs with salt and pepper no sauce is as good as it gets. Small serve of sauce is ok but not swimming in it. This was the diet of my relatives who lived long lives. They did eat ice cream but the main food sources were good.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/19/2024 at 6:44 PM, Lacessit said:

Pad pat ruam made without sugar addition. Any cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, broccoli. Bamboo is zero carbs. Mushrooms. Avocado. A small amount of dark chocolate.

Pork, pork rinds, fish, beef, skinless chicken, almonds. If you must drink alcohol, only distilled spirits such as whisky, rum, and vodka. Absolutely no beer. Yoghurt ( no added sugar ) and cheese is OK.

No bread, rice, pasta, noodles, potatoes or carrot.

I would say it works, because I went from 93 kg to 78 kg. I have gone back to 84 kg, because I love pad thai goong and ice-cream.

what brand yoghurt has no sugar ?struggling to find one .....

3 hours ago, Chetzee said:

Makro and other big supermarkets, eg Big C Extra, have Yolida in a variety of sizes. Check out the labelling.

And use erythritol for sugar substitute. Tastes like sugar, looks like sugar, but human guts don't absorb it. Can order from Lazada. It's not expensive. I order 5kg at a time. Lasts about 6 months.

Edited by bradiston

12 hours ago, Chetzee said:

"Dairy Home" organic yoghurt says no added sugar on the label.

Even Greek yoghurts contain lactose. IIRC there is one Meiji? yoghurt which is labelled 0/0, which I suppose means no sugar, no fat.

Beware of skim milk, it is actually enriched in lactose.

22 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

First of all, if you think my family has good genetics, you're wrong. There is diabetes in my family, and cancer. My brother died at 67 from a heart attack attributed to diabetes. He gained too much weight and got sedentary later in life.  My son, who's now 35, has had diabetes for 2 years now. He's lean and always works out and eats well. My aunt and uncle had diabetes. My blood sugar is always around 88.  I've done this for 50 years. How long have you? Have you stayed under 10% body fat since age 17 through 62? My body fat went as low as 4% and i stayed around 6% most of that time. I love Italian food, and have, and still eat it  today. Bread every day with sugarless jelly. Oatmeal every day. I was certified as a trainer with nutrition courses three times, and have been reading up on nutrition ever since I first lifted a weight at 17. This means I know what I'm talking about, seeing I got thousands of people to lose weight using my diet advice. My diet information is right on, seeing, again, I and others I've given advice to, have lost fat or stayed lean all their lives, as I keep in contact with many of them. These are people in their 40's to 80's.

I do know quite a lot about this, and I have had to do it myself, as I started to get fat at age 17, just before I started weight training and reading up like I said. I weighed 180 lbs and my body fat went up in just a year, then I started and lost it all fast because I changed my diet from the average teen diet to a bodybuilders diet. If I gave up complex carbs for a couple of weeks, I would be ripped again easily, because I keep myself close. Like I said, low carbs are good if you want to lose weight. If you need to lose weight, it's because you have eaten bad much of your life, and maybe drank too many sodas or alcohol. This still doesn't mean complex carbs are bad for anyone. Common sense helps a person lose weight. if you aren't overweight, starches are not a problem. Your family has always had weight issues because they didn't know , or care, about what makes a healthy, lean diet. If you think about what you have eaten all your life, I'm sure, if you had, or have, a weight problem, you ate too much fatty, fried, or sweet foods, or drank too much.  It wasn't the complex carbs that made you, or anyone else fat. It's what you add to them.

IF you need to lose a lot of weight, because you ate bad all your life, then you should keep the complex carbs low, because , of course, the body burns the most efficient form of energy first, so you can burn that stored body fat. IF you aren't overweight or obese, complex carbs are a healthy choice to any diet regimen. This also means you stop eating the excess sugar which comes in most every sauce, and stop drinking calories altogether, including beer and alcoholic beverages, milk, juice , tea and coffee with sugar, and sodas.

All I can say is my diet worked for me, going from 93 kg to 78 kg. I really doubt if it would have worked as well eating potatoes, rice, bread and noodles as you suggest. To me, that is  misleading and potentially dangerous advice. Tell me where in my first post the foods I mention don't have a better fiber content than the above.

If you look at the labels on most brands of bread and noodles, there is some serious sh!t added to them to keep them fresh and tasting good.

Do you deny that after sugars, carbohydrates are next in line as an energy source? You can't start burning fat until the sugar ans carbohydrates are gone.

You obviously have stayed fit and lean most of your life. Good for you. However, your take on diet for weight loss in older people is reminiscent of Woody Allen advising Arnold Schwarzenegger how to go about increasing muscle.

Edited by Lacessit

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

All I can say is my diet worked for me, going from 93 kg to 78 kg. I really doubt if it would have worked as well eating potatoes, rice, bread and noodles as you suggest. To me, that is  misleading and potentially dangerous advice. Tell me where in my first post the foods I mention don't have a better fiber content than the above.

If you look at the labels on most brands of bread and noodles, there is some serious sh!t added to them to keep them fresh and tasting good.

Do you deny that after sugars, carbohydrates are next in line as an energy source? You can't start burning fat until the sugar ans carbohydrates are gone.

You obviously have stayed fit and lean most of your life. Good for you. However, your take on diet for weight loss in older people is reminiscent of Woody Allen advising Arnold Schwarzenegger how to go about increasing muscle.

I never denied what you said about losing weight and what to do regarding that. I plainly said starches aren't bad, unless you are overweight or obese . In that case, if you need to lose a lot of weight, you go low carb until you get to where you need to be. As a person ages, they need less food, but that doesn't mean starving yourself or leaving out complex carbs. They have nutrients that help the body and keep you full longer and satisfied. What people do with those complex carbs,meaning what they add, is what hurts their goals of staying lean. I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, but I did repeat this before.

My take on diet is right no matter how old a person is, as long as they aren't again, overweight or obese, which needs a radical change in the amount of carbs they need. All of what you posted I knew when I first started, as that advice was there in those books I read. A bodybuilder wants the lowest percentage of body fat, so they use a diet approach that helps them burn stored fat while increasing muscle, which isn't an easy thing as you need energy to work out up to 5 days a week and enough carbs for that, along with enough protein to build the muscle.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

I never denied what you said about losing weight and what to do regarding that. I plainly said starches aren't bad, unless you are overweight or obese . In that case, if you need to lose a lot of weight, you go low carb until you get to where you need to be. As a person ages, they need less food, but that doesn't mean starving yourself or leaving out complex carbs. They have nutrients that help the body and keep you full longer and satisfied. What people do with those complex carbs,meaning what they add, is what hurts their goals of staying lean. I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, but I did repeat this before.

My take on diet is right no matter how old a person is, as long as they aren't again, overweight or obese, which needs a radical change in the amount of carbs they need. All of what you posted I knew when I first started, as that advice was there in those books I read. A bodybuilder wants the lowest percentage of body fat, so they use a diet approach that helps them burn stored fat while increasing muscle, which isn't an easy thing as you need energy to work out up to 5 days a week and enough carbs for that, along with enough protein to build the muscle.

You keep dodging the questions I put to you.

Tell me what nutrients complex carbs have that bamboo, mushrooms and all the green vegetables don't.

Very easy for me to feel full. Bamboo, avocado as an entree.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

You keep dodging the questions I put to you.

Tell me what nutrients complex carbs have that bamboo, mushrooms and all the green vegetables don't.

Very easy for me to feel full. Bamboo, avocado as an entree.

I haven't dodged anything. I fully explained that complex carbs are okay, as long as you aren't overweight or obese, where then you would need to cut back on them and eat veggies and fruits that are lower in carbs, like mushrooms, green and wax beans, lettuce, bean sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, cukes, celery, bamboo, strawberries, berries, cantaloupe, melon, and other lower carb fruit and veggie choices. If your weight is normal, then the complex carbs are a healthy choice to eat. In this case theres no need to give up anything that grows. It's man made things and food with added sugar and salt, plus liquid calories, that gets people to gain weight fast.

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I haven't dodged anything. I fully explained that complex carbs are okay, as long as you aren't overweight or obese, where then you would need to cut back on them and eat veggies and fruits that are lower in carbs, like mushrooms, green and wax beans, lettuce, bean sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, cukes, celery, bamboo, strawberries, berries, cantaloupe, melon, and other lower carb fruit and veggie choices. If your weight is normal, then the complex carbs are a healthy choice to eat. In this case theres no need to give up anything that grows. It's man made things and food with added sugar and salt, plus liquid calories, that gets people to gain weight fast.

I will repeat my question.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I will repeat my question.

And another, so it's them telling it and not I, who you seem to not believe. This is what I've learned all 50 years, nothing wrong with your choices, but complex have some things simple don't, along with more fiber........https://www.onepeloton.com/blog/complex-carbohydrates/...

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

And another, so it's them telling it and not I, who you seem to not believe. This is what I've learned all 50 years, nothing wrong with your choices, but complex have some things simple don't, along with more fiber........https://www.onepeloton.com/blog/complex-carbohydrates/...

If you can find a complex carbohydrate which is better than bamboo, I will eat it. Almost zero carb content. Very high fiber content. I am reasonably sure Thais eat it to offset the constipating effects of rice.

Here's what bamboo has:

• Vitamins B6, E and K
  • Potassium, copper, manganese and zinc
  • Fiber, protein, low calorie, polyphenols ( antioxidants )

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's not much use posting brand names of yoghurts which are compiled by a nutritionist living in Brooklyn, New York. This is Thailand.

You can order online and have some sent, although the cost might be high. Plain yogurt usually has no sugar and you can add fruit for taste, along with cereals.

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you can find a complex carbohydrate which is better than bamboo, I will eat it. Almost zero carb content. Very high fiber content. I am reasonably sure Thais eat it to offset the constipating effects of rice.

Here's what bamboo has:

• Vitamins B6, E and K
  • Potassium, copper, manganese and zinc
  • Fiber, protein, low calorie, polyphenols ( antioxidants )

If you're at your desired weight, why worry about complex carbs now? Eating in moderation almost anything is okay. I eat oatmeal every day, and always have eaten Millet Rice, Oat Bran Flakes and a few others which aren't too high and still keep my weight down, even though I'm not working out nearly as much yet. Bamboo is low as is many salad greens. My girlfriend has constipation a lot because of the rice so I try and get her to not only drink more water but eat greens, although she's not really (yet) into foreign food.