Red Shirts in Korat celebrate Paetongtarn's election as PM

webfact

red shirts really

here we go, if ther are red shirts then there have to be yellow shirts

this will not end well

odds on a coup and thaksin actually being locked up

• Confused 1

"Red Shirts in Korat celebrate Paetongtarn's election as PM"

Really? If that is the truth, where is the picture of all those red shirts partying?

And let's see the positive side. If they assemble up country, then they are far away from Bangkok. Good. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder if the poorest of Red shirt blind followers have heard the news they just lost the 10K

Agree can't wait to see how her 'followers' react then, love to see their faces when they get the news...........................:goof:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

They are all over the country, dude, including Bkk. You can't blame them for being excited; however shallow it is with Takki, these people have never been represented. As Mike says though, not much will change until the dinosaurs get scattered and we get the likes of big brain central Thanathorn in.

It's like annoying children. If they are far away somewhere in a corner where I can't see and hear them, then it's ok. 😉 

I am surprised that noone has noted that there is no mention of how many red shirt supporters gathered to celebrate, other than "Sompoch and 'others'". That should ean there were at least three.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Such silliness. There's nothing wrong with having hope but hope is nothing if it's not based upon a reality. Will she be able to engage in anything constructive? 

There are only two reasons why she was selected, number one is her father and number two is the fact that she's young and there's a false notion that she would somehow represent the aspirations of the youth.

We all know that's not going to be the case, she listens to the dinosaur for advice, and she represents the elite, and the corrosive powers, and everything that's regressive and wrong with Thailand at this moment in time. 

I hate to sound hopeless, but they're going to need somebody like Thanathorn or Pita to lead the nation out of this moment of darkness. It will happen eventually, none of us really know how long it's going to take, it's up to the Thai people to decide. 

Totally agree.

The Shinawatras are the past, they are part of the problem.

Most Thai people want change, they, especially Thai youth, want to move forward into the future.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"Red Shirts in Korat celebrate Paetongtarn's election as PM"

Really? If that is the truth, where is the picture of all those red shirts partying?

And let's see the positive side. If they assemble up country, then they are far away from Bangkok. Good. 

All 17 of the remaining  supporters were celebrating. 

• Haha 2

On 8/17/2024 at 6:19 AM, shdmn said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Probably the dumbest thing I will read today.

Go onto the US politics threads......then you'll see dumb.

• Agree 2

On 8/17/2024 at 4:47 AM, webfact said:

and continue implementing key policies, including the 10,000 baht digital wallet initiative.

Mmmmm..... I sense some disappointment coming down the track.

• Haha 1

confident that as a Pheu Thai member, she would effectively lead the government and continue implementing key policies, including the 10,000 baht digital wallet initiative.

No, that is cancelled already .

wake up !

Moreover, her status as Thaksin’s daughter is expected to strengthen confidence among the party's MPs, with Sompoch certain that she will manage her economy well.