Thai's are the friendliest, good natured, nicest people I've ever met

9 minutes ago, bob smith said:

You need to swap those rose tinted glasses for a pair for ray-bans mate!

bob.

I was very drunk at the time but looking at the video sober the people looked helpful. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

And you just carried on drinking.  

Yes, I'm not a very helpful person, I'm a beer drinking person. 

But I'm sure if you were dragged away from your safe zone behind your keyboard you would have been there helping. 

You'd probably get in the way, create havoc and chaos. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 4

Just at Land Transport office , Standing in Line and this huge lady dragging her kid and shopping bags just bowled me over as she was passing by , not even a glance at me , all the Thais looked shocked, but I know not to shout her so I just did a head shake , I get upstairs she’s with her other Buffalo Husband 3 x the size , usually outspoken but I knew it was sketchy and didn’t yell out 

Edited by Irish star
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

With the comments you made it sounds like you have an extremely small circle of Thai friends being the guys you drink beer with early mornings. I guess its great that you have these positive sentiments re your drinking buddies. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

If you were to wear the same glasses as the OP, maybe your perception of Thai people would improve!

They probably would, but then he would be in cuckoo land same as the OP

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Explains everything 

Meaning?

I was a hotelier and up early in the mornings and had ample opportunity to see the people returning to the hotel and nearby hotels at 7am, we also had a taxi rank, two actually, at either end of the Soi.

I saw plenty of foreigners, who having a skinful and don't know when to call it a day, chose to drink with taxi drivers early morning.

I've seen it go bad as well, on more than one occasion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Stanton681 said:

Unlikely.

Doesn’t have the sensitivity. He’s told people where to get off a number of times - and continues to do so - on other threads.

He's not reacting here, is he? Take it easy. Alcohol can make you tetchy. 

Edited by NowNow
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Plenty of them are selfish, mean, callous, and cheats, especially in Isaarn, just like other countries, but the Thai can add an extra layer of viciousness to it.

It's a curious mix, the selfishness is on full display if you drive a car on the road, but in normal daily intercourse Thais are friendly and polite over and above the norm, much like Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia. Vietnamese are totally different and known for being rude. But overall I would say Thais are way more helpful and friendly and polite than the average European and that is one of the many delights of living in Thailand. Having said that, in Europe too people would have helped a passed out woman. And yes, I too have been cheated in Thailand once, but that was an exception, certainnly most Thais are not cheats.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Regarding the Thais, I agree with you, less so regarding the Chinese Thais. I would also make a special mention for the Taiwanese. I spent 5 years living and working in Taiwan, from 1987 to 1993, following various postings in Africa, Europe, the Middle East and East Asia. I found the authentic Taiwanese charming, kind and helpful.

Taiwanese people are the salt of the earth!

bob.

• Like 1