Pattaya review by stickman Aug 18, 2024

rocket2

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

He's just observing things we know already. One interesting thing:

"If I was to use one word to describe many retirees in Pattaya, it would be “loner”. Many appear to do almost everything alone, which is all fine and well but it also strikes me as sad and a recipe for misery. A lack of friendship and sense of community is not good for one’s general happiness"

It's true social interaction is important otherwise you'll go ting tong

I do miss the blog format and hope we see a comeback of blogging. 

I have read stickman on and off for around 2 decades.

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

"If I was to use one word to describe many retirees in Pattaya, it would be “loner”. Many appear to do almost everything alone, which is all fine and well but it also strikes me as sad and a recipe for misery. A lack of friendship and sense of community is not good for one’s general happiness"

Hence the morning coffee shop activity, the  restraunt midday late  breakfast, the beer bar arvo slow drinkers and finally the nite time free for all, one of crowd piss up! 

6 hours ago, Nemises said:

He's right. The 60 day visa has ruined the joint.

I thought Stickman praised the 60 day visa? He was gushing about all the new visa options not so long ago.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Years and years of Fat, Ugly, Cheap, Drunk, Old, Lonely snidey comments, while giving himself a free pass.

And never let the chance go by to remind people that you were here in 1998, as though that is something to brag about.

🙄

i always wondered what the members of his family and friends, in particular the females, thought and felt about his open condoning and participation in the sex industry. for better or worse, people openly partaking in the sex industry are generally looked down on and regarded with contempt  in society as a whole.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

i think many choose to be alone because, whether they are prepared to admit it or not, they intrinsically know they are in a pretty dire and humiliating situation when the only way they can get someone to give them any attention is to pay them. whatever way they dress it up they will have a friend or lover or, in their minds a gf, only as long as they keep paying. what must that do to someone's self esteem? some can rise above this feeling, many can't, so choose to be alone. it is very sad and i would guess many are not very happy.

Most won't really care, but the same will apply to you when older if you want someone younger, get the money ready

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

i always wondered what the members of his family and friends, in particular the females, thought and felt about his open condoning and participation in the sex industry. for better or worse, people openly partaking in the sex industry are generally looked down on and regarded with contempt  in society as a whole.

Probably doesnt care

He would be a millionaire selling that website 

He lives now in NZ I believe, no idea why 

• Confused 2

I haven't read any Stickman since ages. He left Thailand maybe 10 years ago and continued writing pretending he was here. There was no point reading that.

And then there was Stickboy, who also owned the Stickman domain. I liked what he wrote. But it seems he got into trouble with people who one should not have as enemies, and he left Thailand in a hurry.

Is Stickman now back in Thailand and better informed?

Or is it another author with the same pseudonym? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I haven't read any Stickman since ages. He left Thailand maybe 10 years ago and continued writing pretending he was here. There was no point reading that.

And then there was Stickboy, who also owned the Stickman domain. I liked what he wrote. But it seems he got into trouble with people who one should not have as enemies, and he left Thailand in a hurry.

I think he now says he is living in New Zealand and visits Thailand once a year 

I guess he is married to a Thai lady , apparently he lives in a regional area which he says has beautiful mountains etc in NZ 

I imagine he is retired 

I don't know if it's a myth but maybe some kiwis can confirm but I heard they don't get their old age pension sent overseas unlike Australia and the UK 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Chatting with girls in the bar, the barfine is 2,000 baht.

Many bars have difficulties finding attractive girls. And if the bar fine is "normal", then those girls are gone early in the evening.

That leaves the bar with few or no pretty girls. And that is obviously very bad for business.

Increasing the bar fine is one way to (try to) adjust this situation. 

45 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They are both back in Thailand, you need to keep up.

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't think Stickman ever pretended to be in Thailand. He says he moved to New Zealand about ten years ago and he writes from there.

Stickboy owned Stickman? He should have said that but I don't think he ever said anything about it.

Stickman (or whomever is writing it now) says he is in New Zealand most of the year and when he is in Thailand he says he is boots on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

And never let the chance go by to remind people that you were here in 1998, as though that is something to brag about.

I don't envy his "lifestyle," but I do wish I had come here sooner in life - so he has that on me.

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

social interaction can be important, but I suppose it depends on what kind of social interaction it is..

I have enough of that with the mrs..

come friday I can't wait to hit the bars at breakfast time completely alone and away from her for a few precious hours!

bob.

19 minutes ago, bob smith said:

social interaction can be important, but I suppose it depends on what kind of social interaction it is..

I have enough of that with the mrs..

come friday I can't wait to hit the bars at breakfast time completely alone and away from her for a few precious hours!

bob.

Just having a thai bird to talk to won't be enough

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you not ting tong from before, some places is worse than others to socialize and risk becoming ting tong.

Never ending going in circles repeating the same over and over again and again. 

Socializing in Thailand can be challenging 

• Confused 1

Was in a place 2 days ago near Nana and the BF was 5,000!  

My information is the Japanese and Korean mostly are raising the rates big time.

They have the money and it is probably cheaper then their countries so they are willing to pay.

Crazy.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

They are both back in Thailand, you need to keep up.

If you say so.

I know that the boy is here, at least from time to time, but he doesn't want that people know that he is here.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

Stickboy owned Stickman? He should have said that but I don't think he ever said anything about it.

That was officially confirmed.

I think some time ago Stickboy interviewed Stickman or something like that.

Stickboys website does not exist anymore, so I guess the record is gone.